The casts for 2015’s One Acts & Monologues Festival:
This week’s minutes:
Angels in America
- Happy with the experiment of the staged reading. Would recommend to a friend.
- TDs are valuable commodities – sapphires, or something – what I’m saying is it might be a good idea to train up a first-time TD through the staged reading.
- Show went well. Tech week was stressful, more so than anticipated. There needs to be clarification on what the staged reading actually is. Sydney ended up taking on more work than she anticipated.
- DHD is sick. Joe got her keys.
- DHD had a concern about not having a budget.
- Move-in happened. Worried about complex technical maneuvers. Actors are in a good place.
- Celia received keys from Eli.
- Pseudo paper tech with sound and lights, helpful and went smoothly.
- Not worried about scheduling things yet. Show is fairly short – 2 hours with intermission.
- JamJo’s check-in bonanza pow-wow: no snags at move-in. Set is up. Lots of lights went up. Desks exist. Costumes exist. Some props missing, but will be there.
- Digital media is done today. Should be going out. Put the link to the EventBrite in the description
- Share the event. Invite people.
- Shirts are on their way. Will be here eventually.
- LNK is this week. Please sign up.
- Zoe received keys from David.
- Zach King going into tech week – magical to see something realized on stage. Everyone was wonderful. Positivity. Launches into solo musical belting.
- Things are going really well. Actors are almost entirely knowing lines except when they don’t. It’ll be fixed. Full runs this week + scene work.
- Karen was not present to give a check-in. A tech meeting happened this week, seemed productive. Things are good.
- Dream Team still flying high. T-shirts are ordered. Photo shoot happened. BUS Ads will be in this week. Poster being worked on.
This week’s minutes:
Angels in America
- All the promo things are out! People have been printing things! Paulina Ke is serving as an assistant to DHD, hooray! Sarah Kimball may help out? If you’re interested, contact DHD!
- Move-in happened! Actors have their lines and costumes! One Acts is happening but is potentially problematic! We’ll work on it!
- People got their lines for now! We’re worried if they’ll still have their lines tomorrow!
- We can’t have Idine Wednesday, uh oh!
- Worried about moving One Acts auditions!
- Aryeh is coming to guest direct Saturday.
- It’s been hard to find a car to pick up furniture and other large items for the show.
- Troupe should consider having a ZipCar account?
- We are building this week.
- Tech for producing will happen (talked to Emily)
- Camille will give Jamie space keys shortly.
- T-shirts are ordered! Should be here by Thursday of show week.
- Currently trying to work out photo shoot situation. This is challenging because Angels is happening and actors have conflicting schedules.
- BUS ads are in – we need to clarify when they go up.
- Joe is actually here to provide his checkin.
- Things are fantastic. The world is bright and beautiful.
- Lots of rehearsals this week. We’ll see how lines work.
- Tip of the hat goes to producers for arranging the poster work with Abi.
- Schedule is set for the rest of the rehearsal period.
- Spring Break. People love getting harassed by Karen over spring break.
- Home Depot run this week?
- T-shirts are sent out. Bios are happening. Warren poster won’t be happening because it’s full. Photo shoot will be happening Wednesday.
- Force GSU Link signups by including it in the bio and t-shirt form?
- Coffee with Evan Creedon! These are going well!
- Depending on what happens with One Acts, may need to get new rooms for auditions.
- BUSTies venue needs to be discussed ASAP.
- One Acts were selected. Audition thing will be worked on.
- Lot of BUSTies work needs to be done. Will get on it this week.
- Reading committee for two shows is happening today. Other two will happen next Saturday (some aren’t back in town just yet).
- Stuck on a bus. Got the rights for Zoe’s show!
- EventBrite is *messed up!*
- Angels discount codes are sent up and will be sent to DHD.
- The search for One Acts producers begins!
- Figured out you can post events from BU Stage Troupe’s Facebook pages!
- You get a lot of great event diagnostics information from doing this versus having the secretary make it on his/her personal account!
- Widget is updated for Angels. Facebook event is also up.
- Worried about sheer volume of Facebook events over the next two weeks. Hail Satan, Angels, One Acts Auditions, and two GMs.
- Nothing to report!
- Nothing to report!
One Acts Auditions Dilemma
- Directors want to push it to next week.
- This makes some sense.
- Why don’t we do auditions in CGS so it’s easier for people to move between that and Hail Satan?
- Auditions will be pushed back one week (so now during Hail Satan! tech week).
Hello Troupies! I hope you’ve been enjoying your spring break. Here are the selections for Spring 2015’s One Acts Festival:
The Last Man on Earth, by Eitan Loewenstein, directed by Ali Edwards
Time Game, by Ellen Lee, directed by Danielle Hope Diamond & Andy Moeller
Playwriting 101: The Rooftop Lesson, by Rich Orloff, directed by Zoe Enscoe
Auditions will take place this coming Monday and Tuesday, March 16th and 17th, from 5-10 PM in PSY/SOC B63. (A reminder to bring your own audition sheets – one for each show you will be auditioning for).
If you cannot make it to auditions for any reason, including participation in Angels in America: please speak to the directors you would like to audition for, and they will do their best to accommodate you.
We will also be accepting auditions for monologues. Please bring a copy of your monologue and be prepared to discuss and/or perform it (unmemorized).
A reminder that this year’s One Acts & Monologues Festival takes place on April 17th and 18th.
This week’s minutes:
The Laramie Project
- It went up. We raised a lot of money. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $3,500 going to BAGLY.
- Happy with how the show went and attendance.
- The 4-Week Process: It *happened.* Touch and go at the end. Made it happen.
- For future first-slot shows, emphasize the time restraint and logistics of putting up a show in four weeks.
- Without Evan and the absurdly dedicated cast, this wouldn’t have gone up.
- Snow days didn’t affect us too much due to aforementioned dedication.
- Biggest issues are getting off book – you need a certain amount of time to get reliably off-book so real “directing” can happen.
- For future boards: do not recommend this level of difficulty on a future director. Consider doing a staged reading first; no requirement that charity show has to be first. This option can be excised next year (Spring 2016).
- Evan: thinks the show is a fantastic learning and growing experience as a director. Thought he knew how to deal with a time crunch before – was “kind of right,” but this was still *different.* Feel confident in being able to handle anything Mother Nature tries to throw at us.
- Eternally grateful to Aryeh for opportunity. Consider taking assistants to train up in the future.
- Big virtue of “the assistant director:” gives you an idea of what being a director “is like.” Time, scheduling, trials of getting off-book. One Acts is a great entry point — but it’s a major jump to a main stage.
- Directors looking for assistant directors: be careful in choosing your assistant. Make sure it’s the right person. Be absolutely confident.
- Things we learned: An AD is not an SM. Marisa had a fantastic time despite the short process. Maybe consider assigning an SM or ASM that aren’t on tech show. (Major conflict.) Channels of communication: the SM needs to be kept in the loop.
- Keys: who should the stage manager give the keys to if they are unavailable to open the theater? // Ultimately, up to the discretion of the SM. Director, ASM, AD, whoever you trust.
- Marissa returned keys to Eli.
- Establishing roles (heads of production, specifically). Everyone works differently, every team works differently – set clear expectations on how you want things to go. Worked well for Laramie.
- Floating keys can be problematic — getting contacted by third parties to open spaces. We need a better system to protect people holding keys. (Generally, only eboard members with keys should be being contacted.)
- Strike notes sent to Camille.
- We should be communicating with the charitable organization before the show goes up – we shouldn’t just send them a check unannounced. We can establish a partnership and fill seats.
- People can be generous when it comes to charity shows.
- Cilicia had a wonderful experience. Chalk board is still in the theater – needs to be returned to owner.
- Keys returned to Camille.
- Producing went well despite short process. Final ticket sales were $1,182. $100 in donation box. Sold out Saturday, near sold out Friday.
- Having a local charity is nice because you can reach out to them and establish partnerships. Locals more likely to care.
- We need a new vacuum desperately – it barely works.
- The cabinet display case outside is frozen shut.
- OOShirts is an unreliable vendor. Don’t use them again.
- Major issues with speakers during tech week. Eli has contacted people to try and fix them. The amps are going to need to be replaced. The amp is ours – we would have to replace it ourselves.
- Debra will mercifully and gratefully take the lead on this.
Angels in America
- Lots of progress in the room.
- We open in 2 weeks (HAHAHAHA). Think we’re in an okay place.
- Actors are great on lines.
- Ryan Chernin will be guest directing Monday of tech week.
- Will need to figure out when to move-in.
- Light meeting sent up for next Wednesday. Volunteers happy to help. Ilana will be doing sound (yay!) (That sounds nice!)
- For future staged reading: many people did not know what they were signing up for. Some confusion over that amongst the actors.
- Expectations and commitments need to be made clear to auditioning actors at the time of the next staged reading.
- Shirts are made – deadline extended a little. Poster photos are hopefully being taken Tuesday, barring objections from OB, who has the theater.
- No producing budgets – imploring help from people with high print quotas.
- Head shots are happening.
- Reaching out to similar groups that Kimball reached out to for Laramie – similar themes and interest areas.
- DHD will be getting emails from Laramie and reaching out to them for promotion.
- Line issues with some cast members. Hard off book was close but wasn’t quite there.
- Some people during soft off book period had scripts in-hand.
- Need the EventBrite link to complete our BUS ad submission. Consider using a QR code?
- Show is in a good place.
- Absolutely zero excuses after Spring Break.
- Mandatory meetings with SMs?
- Use rehearsal time for mandatory line learning?
- Things are coming together! Getting desks tomorrow, Home Depot Thursday.
- All other departments are moving along. Only thing that is concerning is the blood sacrifice on top of Idine.
- Need to practice with the knife.
- Carpet is happening! Backup plan if it doesn’t come fireproofed.
- Spring break is being a demon, people assume they have more time than they do.
- T-shirt design is finalized.
- Photo shoot happened today.
- One-sheet programs are happening.
- Programs were not dismissed lightly. Producing budgets did not allow for both that and advertising.
- Katy Taylor as Head Set Dec: Do we want a board for the theater – a changeable directory. Needs about $50 more.
- Blocked Act 1 and 2. Soft off book. Hard off book this week, along with blocking Act 3.
- Actors need to be talking to Alison when they will be late or have conflicts.
- Department meetings are done! PO deadline is set. Production photo days set. Frustration exists – so much stuff.
- We have a shirt design in the works – nearly done. Tentative production shot date. One page programs are looking likely due to money.
- Eli had a great idea for the posters, just need an artist.
- Warren posters are still available. Eli wants one for Private Lives.
- Has been sick. Feel better!
- Fun primer in theater maintenance. Speaker problems happened. They technically work right now. For future reference: call 617-353-HELP for these sort of problems.
- OR NOT. We need to buy new speakers, basically.
- The current setup is unnecessarily complicated. The volume is perpetually set way too high. Cause of the hissing noise.
- We need an official eboard policy on the theater sound system. Debra can help. Praise Debra. Hail Debra.
- Received link tables for Hail Satan!, Angels, and Private Lives.
- The theater was too hot. Facilities fixed it the second time Eli called.
- Keep in mind no rooms can be booked before 7 PM on Saturday makeup class days.
- New policy may need to be instated about “due dates” for room requests. Stay tuned.
- All pitches are picked up! 4 main stage pitches (reading committee emails going out tonight), 1 parents weekend pitch, quite a few one act pitches!
- When are we doing One Acts auditions? During Angels tech week so that One Acts can have as much time as possible.
- Eli and Celia need to have a meeting about BUSTies stuff – specifically event location.
- BUSTies host pitches tonight!
- When is reading committee? March 15th (one week before GM).
- Sarah returns keys to Joe
- Raised over $4000 for The Laramie Project; BAGLY is surprised we’re donating stuff to them?
- Only went to SAO once — filled out PO for Hail Satan! wood
- Karen will be restocking part of the makeup kit!
- Brushes came in, reimbursement will be distributed once Joe gets receipt
- One Acts Producers will happen eventually!
- Tweets and Instagrams went well. Get photos as soon as possible, even if they aren’t official production photos.
- Members — keep favoriting and retweeting, it gets the attention of major BU tweets.
- Lights are back in The Space!
- Need to send that email to Liquid Fun (if it didn’t already go out? Huh?)
- Schedule for 2015-16 is in and “done.”
- Apologies for the heat in the meeting space.
- Meeting with Joe tomorrow about Parents Weekend budget.
- When are we meeting again – March 15th, Sunday after Spring Break.
Hello again membership! Below is an exhaustive list of everyone who is assigned to a tech team, in case you ever need to check for one reason or another.
THE LARAMIE PROJECT
Director Aryeh Harris-Shapiro
Asst. Director Evan Creedon
Technical Director Cilicia Rios
ATD Devika Bajaj
SM Marissa Kristy
ASM Sophie Heyman
ASM Sarah Moody
Hair/Makeup Abby Kass
Asst. Hair/Makeup Taylor Tessitore
Asst. Hair/Makeup Annie Tillis
Costumes Bridget Baker
Asst. Costumes Eli Brenna
Asst. Costumes Celia Gibson
Asst. Costumes Roxanne Rittman
Props Ali Edwards
Asst. Props Lee Condakes
Asst. Props Austin Crann
Lights Sam Hoffman
Asst. Lights Julia Cohen
Asst. Lights Michael Marcin
Asst. Lights Marisa Mendes
Sound Debra Marcus
Asst. Sound Ryan Morano
Set Camille Arvisu
Set Claire Buesser
Set Emma Gebhard
Set Kate Hays
Set Zack Kennedy
ANGELS IN AMERICA
Director Cara Dwyer
Stage Manager Sydney Charvat
Asst. Stage Manager Abi Oshins
Director Kyle Tague
Asst. Director Zach King
Technical Director Jamie Johannsen
ATD Cailtin Fournier
SM Celia Gibson
ASM Abby Kass
ASM Taylor Tessitore
Hair/Makeup Bridget Baker
Asst. Hair/Makeup Abby Smith
Asst. Hair/Makeup Alicia Winton
Costumes Emily Prescott
Asst. Costumes Cilicia Rios
Asst. Costumes Emily Zisko
Props Joe Gambino
Asst. Props Danielle Diamond
Asst. Props Emma Gebhard
Lights Courtney Bayruns
Lights Tehya Saylor
Asst. Lights Melissa Hunter
Asst. Lights Karen Loewy
Asst. Lights Brittany Kamson
Sound Joe McLaughlin
Asst. Sound Erin Billings
Set Design Jason Fox
Asst. Set Design Anush Swaminathan
Set Decoration Katy Taylor
Asst. Set Dec Nicholas Clark
Asst. Set Dec Jessi Mitrovich
Asst. Set Dec Katie Teran
Scenic Artist Evanne Deatherage
Painter Kelly Blasberg
Painter Kate Hays
Painter Andy Moeller
Master Carpetner Camille Arvisu
Build Patrick Casey
Build Thompson Cragwell
Build Michael Marcin
Build Jeremy Oshins
Build Veronica Priest
Director Joe McLaughlin
Technical Director Karen Loewy M.
ATD Sam Kinde
SM Alison Parker
ASM David Hunt
ASM Sarah Kimball
Hair/Makeup Sarah Moody
Asst. Hair/Makeup Cara Dwyer
Asst. Hair/Makeup Kaitlyn Jones
Asst. Hair/Makeup Emily Zisko
Costumes Brittany Jenkins
Asst. Costumes Claire Buesser
Asst. Costumes Christy George
Asst. Costumes Abby Smith
Props Jamie Johannsen
Asst. Props Evan Creedon
Asst. Props Paulina Ke
Lights Celia Gibson
Asst. Lights Zack Kennedy
Asst. Lights Ryan Morano
Asst. Lights Elizabeth Pilger
Sound Ilana Berman
Asst. Sound Kyle Tague
Set Design Marissa Kristy
Asst. Set Design Melany Vazquez Heredia
Set Decoration Camille Arvisu
Set Decoration Ali Edwards
Asst. Set Dec Erin Billings
Asst. Set Dec Cailtin Fournier
Scenic Artist Abi Oshins
Painter Cammi Marcin
Painter Jessi Mitrovich
Painter Jeremy Oshins
Master Carpetner Scott Backman
Build Jacob Holmes
Build Ryan Kelly
Build Shoshana Koff
Build Idine Mousavi
Build Jordan Newman
Build Anush Swaminathan
For the second time, we will be releasing the main stage pitches received for our Fall 2015 season. Any dues paying member is encouraged to attend our Third General Meeting on March 22, 7 PM, in the Agganis Student Theater. At that meeting, you will hear the creative teams pitch their shows, as well as address any potential issues our reading committee came across in their evaluation. Then, you will have the opportunity to vote for the two mainstage shows you’d like to make up our Fall 2015 season. Keep in mind the Parents Weekend show is decided by the executive board and Dean of Students office; we will have made our selection by the time of the Third General Meeting, so you have a better picture of the season you are voting for. Additionally, keep in mind Staged Reading pitches are due April 1st, with one pitch being selected by the executive board. (This makes for a total of four shows – Parents Weekend, a staged reading, and two main stages.)
Remember that you are voting for a season, not just two shows you happen to like. And remember – democracy only works if people show up. No excuses: get there and vote!
Here are the shows that were submitted as main stages (in alphabetical order). Take advantage of the time you have from now until March 22nd to research the shows and ask the creative teams questions. An informed vote is a good vote!
Deathtrap – Kyle Tague
The Pillow Man – Karen Loewy
Really Really – Rachel Skalka
Wit – Joseph McLaughlin
The following were submitted for consideration for Parents Weekend. The executive board will make a selection by the Third General Meeting on March 22nd.
Spring Awakening – Evan Creedon, Music Direction by Jessie Rosso
Finally, here are the pitches for Summer Show, which goes up for BU Orientation students over seven weeks throughout the summer. A summer show will be selected by the executive board before the end of the semester.
Betrayal – Aryeh Harris-Shapiro & Kyle Tague
The Glass Menagerie – Katy Taylor
This Is Our Youth – Emily Prescott
Proof – Ali Edwards
Note: If you believe your pitch is missing, there’s a typo, or you notice any other sort of problem, please let me know. Have great weeks!
This week’s minutes:
The Laramie Project
- We are moved in. Doing a run tonight.
- The show now begins at 7 PM thanks to the tireless efforts of Joe Gambino (thank you).
- Directors should be consulted on when they would prefer their show to start.
- Deadlines should be set in the future for these types of major decisions.
- Lights are set today, cues are being done as well.
- Move-in was a thing. We technically have a chalkboard being picked up tomorrow – 3 options depending on director preference.
- No major issues to report – just tweaks.
- The decision to move things up to 7 PM without full consultation of the creative team – better communication is necessary.
- We will be painting the floor for Laramie.
- Cover photo and profile pictures are out and distributed. A lot of groups have been emailed.
- Shirts arriving tomorrow, allegedly.
- Lobby is being worked on.
- Theater Keys given to Sarah Kimball.
Angels in America
- Show is blocked
- Black stools as set pieces/seats
- There is a prop list that Cara is working on with tech volunteers
- Actors will be in all black
- There are a lot of conflicts with various actors – main challenge going forward
- Shirts are done
- Remember to strongly consider putting “BU Stage Troupe” on shirts – we are a name and brand and should wear it proudly.
- Ideas for posters are forming. Trying to do it next week due to tough schedules this week.
- Shirt deadline is Wednesday.
- Sent emails to classes studying Angels at BU.
- Rehearsals are going well. Soft off book happened, hard off book this week.
- Very concerned about the budgets…… not enough for advertising due to rising costs for printing.
- Scheduling for us is tricky due to labs and night classes. Working around it.
- Concerns about certain tech departments finishing their stuff in time for photo shoots. (We need 2 weeks to submit BUS ads).
- Set design and cut list is done.
- Are we doing a carpet or not? Would cost about $150 or so to get the carpet plus fireproofing materials.
- Installation of carpet is difficult. Should we put time and energy somewhere else? Jamie is considering. Abi will discuss options with her later.
- T-shirts are almost done
- Poster design is nearly finalized, need tech to be able to actually do the shoot
- PO’s are complicated with OrgSync. Only Joe, Eli, Abi, and Kyle can actually submit them. For now, go to Joe about PO’s, he’ll teach the other relevant people soon.
- Conversation about how we’re allocating our producing budgets. Will continue in more depth soon.
- “Smooth sailing.” We’ve blocked half our show. Cast bonding on Friday. Group viewing of Laramie on Saturday.
- Had to miss some rehearsals (Alison, SM) – ASMs are wonderful and managing in her absence. Soft off book was this week. Mostly going well.
- Department meetings happened this week. Everyone seems on the ball.
- Budget! Distributed to people! Meeting with Joe! Went well! Ideas!
- Bus ads? Maybe? Yay!
- Coffee with the president set up for this week!
- Going forward — we should set the show time when a show is selected based on length.
- Thinks Angels should start at 7.
- Eric presents concerns about confusing people on show start times — as well as actors struggling to get to call times after Thursday/Friday classes.
- Everyone has given Eli room reservations until the end of their shows. Angels still going weekly.
- Major issue is the two “makeup” Saturdays – they aren’t allowing us to book rooms now, maybe ever.
- Refusal to file rehearsals as “events” on OrgSync.
- We can get CAS 522 on Friday and Saturday (17th-18th). Can’t get it during the week – but that isn’t necessarily a problem.
- Colloquium Room not available on the last day of classes. Faculty dining room?
- How much do they cost? I don’t know? We’ll see!
- BUSTies pitching will now occur NEXT Sunday. Notice will be posted in the Facebook group.
- Learned OrgSync. Claims he is a great star.
- Don’t be blindsided by stuff for Laramie ever again.
- No membership codes for Laramie. Sarah has comp codes for tech crew.
- 40 sales already for Laramie.
- Assigned budgets to Hail Satan! and Private Lives. Helpful to consult with directors and TDs.
- Sound got no budget. Never uses it.
- Stage managers got a small budget for supplies.
- Money moved around.
- Troupe shirts will be ordered eventually. Color will be changed.
- EventBrite should allow sales until show time.
- Can we put out a basket for donations for Laramie?
- I updated the widget.
- Beginning Twitter/Instagram campaigns for Laramie this week.
- Sam has Laramie lights keys. Cilicia already had her keys.
- The Space lights are still not fixed. It’s dark. Sad.
- The theater lights are now messed up. We don’t know why.
- The master presets are just wonky. Not doing what they should?
- Facilities are not being helpful, uncommunicative
- VagMo rented pipe and drape. All returned. Money should be going to Joe soon.
- Will post tech list. Sorry.
- Nothing pressing to report.
This week’s minutes:
The Laramie Project
- Rehearsed this week as much as possible (despite weather)
- Zisko was sick, found ways to make days productive
- Line-through happened yesterday, went “acceptably,” not in trouble
- Could it have gone better? Yes.
- Took head shots
- Snow sucks. No tech meeting due to that. Student Theater being used this week thanks to OB.
- Moving in a week early, gonna be stored in the workshop. Yay!
- Only one department meeting
- Cilicia will be receiving keys tonight.
- Kristy feels good hooray
- Photoshoot went really well for promotional materials!
Angels in America
- Scheduled to be blocked by end of the week. Some actors already memorized. “It’s a beautiful thing.”
- Producer’s shirt is “aces”
- Lighting volunteers secured!
- Conflicts overall have been problematic due to tech show and OB, etc.
- Actors will have scripts in hand during the show. “Rocking and rolling”
- Worked on the shirt.
- Poster materials will be done next week
- Scheduling this week was rough! But it’s gonna be okay!
- Set design and scenic artist meetings happened. Set design nearly done. Scenic artist will have almost everything ready this week.
- Department meetings happening this week.
- Cut list this week, Home Depot run hopefully 2/23?
- Money is confusing… “have a beautiful day.”
- Waiting on budget and OrgSyc workshop.
- T-shirt is nearly ready.
- Budgets need to be finalized!
- Snow canceled several rehearsals, but been assigning line work and making plans to catch up.
- Act 1 is nearly blocked (“pretty bomb”)
- Department meetings happening this week
- Had email checkins, met with set design
- Meeting with Joe/team this week, need a budget. Need to know OrgSync stuff.
- Coffee with the president slots have been scheduled
- Bridget used first aid kit at theater after Celia suffered a minor finger injury. It is understocked. She will talk to Joe about replenishing it.
- Cilicia texted Eli about using the theater before Laramie, answer is yes, it’s OB’s theater this week technically.
- Rooms are annoying, couldn’t schedule any on Monday/Tuesday. Wait time was multiple hours. They were finally done on Friday.
- He needs bystander training info.
- We need One Acts time slot and location.
- Tech show happened.
- Roast assignments happening this week.
- No one showed up to pitch BUSTies except a sarcastic, apathetic Aryeh.
- OrgSync is still a learning experience
- Still trying to figure out paying Mac Rogers, SAO is being difficult
- Assigning budgets this week
- We should put out a bulletin on potentially interested eboard members
- Nothing new to report, 2nd GM recap went out I suppose
- TECH SHOW WAS GREAT
- Some difficulty with lights due to challenge of craft but other than that most tech happened!
- Wandering Minds rented a bunch of furniture, will be paying us
- Training of ATDs hasn’t happened due to weather
Eric was not available due to weather.
This week’s executive board minutes:
The Laramie Project
- Rehearsals have been happening. They’re good. First tech meeting – one department unavailable (Costumes).
- Producers Meeting went well! T-Shirt design exists!
- Backup date for the photoshoot set. February 14th.
- Formal request to de-Troupe the lobby; request granted by Eli.
- Formal congratulations for TA event funds.
- More integrated tech meetings with acting rehearsals.
- “Set ensemble” instead of MC. Not a lot of building.
- Giant tech email incoming.
- We do not have a chalkboard.
- Maybe talk to facilities – can we rent a chalkboard? If not them, Emerson?
- Shirts are sent out.
- Marisa Kristy (stage manager) was not present.
Angels in America
- Two rehearsals, more scheduled.
- People contacted Camille about tech, which is great!
- Some actors are already memorizing!?!?
- Danielle Hope Diamond emailed in a checkin: been in contact with Cara about vision for the show.
- Blocked the show.
- Please be flexible in dealing with schedules.
- We have a full schedule. Assistants are wonderful.
- We set soft and hard off book dates.
- We have a crew, had a meeting, went well! Confident everything will go well.
- Since we want BU BUS ads, costuming & hair/makeup will need to be ready for a photo shoot at least 2 weeks out.
- Joe McLaughlin was at work. Did not provide a checkin.
- Alison Parker (Stage Manager): We have soft and hard off book dates set. Cast is soft memorizing pages at a time.
- First tech meeting happened, department meetings this week.
- Try to keep in mind other tech meetings when scheduling rehearsals, directors.
- Soft producing dates are set!
- Helped with Tech Show.
- Laramie link tables were reserved but apparently aren’t being used.
- Yay thank you for submitting rooms in advance!
- Pitches are due February 25th. GM info needs to be disseminated.
- TA Event: Raised $1,236.29! What a haul!
- Aryeh & Idine owe $33. Joe McLaughlin owes $20.
- BUSTies pitches are next week!
- One Acts pitches are also happening.
- TA Event was stressful due to how soon it was in the semester (we lost a week off the schedule). Event itself ran well, if a little long. Ultimately successful.
- Went to SAO. Laramie is not in the calendar. It’s in now.
- EventBrite will go up 2 weeks in advance. All tickets $6. No membership code (it’s for charity, guys). Comp codes available to those who worked on the show.
- Meeting with people to finalize budgets this week.
- SAO is being weird about paying Mac Rogers.
- Make sure Laramie’s t-shirt orders are in by the end of this week.
- One Acts Pitches/Summer Show Pitches — how much are rights for the show?
- No real checkin.
- Tech crews happened!
- Safety trained head TDs and OB MCs/TDs. Also Wandering Minds TA and one of their TDs.
- Still need to do Troupe ATDs and MCs.
- TA event was beautiful and amazing.
- Tech show is in good shape! Moved in, full run, blocked, etc.
- TDs are confused about how to handle budgets.
Eric was not available to attend the meeting due to the weather.