Executive Board Meeting Notes: March 1st, 2015

This week’s minutes:

The Laramie Project

  • It went up. We raised a lot of money. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $3,500 going to BAGLY.
  • Happy with how the show went and attendance.
  • The 4-Week Process: It *happened.* Touch and go at the end. Made it happen.
  • For future first-slot shows, emphasize the time restraint and logistics of putting up a show in four weeks.
  • Without Evan and the absurdly dedicated cast, this wouldn’t have gone up.
  • Snow days didn’t affect us too much due to aforementioned dedication.
  • Biggest issues are getting off book – you need a certain amount of time to get reliably off-book so real “directing” can happen.
  • For future boards: do not recommend this level of difficulty on a future director. Consider doing a staged reading first; no requirement that charity show has to be first. This option can be excised next year (Spring 2016).
  • Evan: thinks the show is a fantastic learning and growing experience as a director. Thought he knew how to deal with a time crunch before – was “kind of right,” but this was still *different.* Feel confident in being able to handle anything Mother Nature tries to throw at us.
  • Eternally grateful to Aryeh for opportunity. Consider taking assistants to train up in the future.
  • Big virtue of “the assistant director:” gives you an idea of what being a director “is like.” Time, scheduling, trials of getting off-book. One Acts is a great entry point — but it’s a major jump to a main stage.
  • Directors looking for assistant directors: be careful in choosing your assistant. Make sure it’s the right person. Be absolutely confident.
  • Things we learned: An AD is not an SM. Marisa had a fantastic time despite the short process. Maybe consider assigning an SM or ASM that aren’t on tech show. (Major conflict.) Channels of communication: the SM needs to be kept in the loop.
  • Keys: who should the stage manager give the keys to if they are unavailable to open the theater? // Ultimately, up to the discretion of the SM. Director, ASM, AD, whoever you trust.
  • Marissa returned keys to Eli.
  • Establishing roles (heads of production, specifically). Everyone works differently, every team works differently – set clear expectations on how you want things to go. Worked well for Laramie.
  • Floating keys can be problematic — getting contacted by third parties to open spaces. We need a better system to protect people holding keys. (Generally, only eboard members with keys should be being contacted.)
  • Strike notes sent to Camille.
  • We should be communicating with the charitable organization before the show goes up – we shouldn’t just send them a check unannounced. We can establish a partnership and fill seats.
  • People can be generous when it comes to charity shows.
  • Cilicia had a wonderful experience. Chalk board is still in the theater – needs to be returned to owner.
  • Keys returned to Camille.
  • Producing went well despite short process. Final ticket sales were $1,182. $100 in donation box. Sold out Saturday, near sold out Friday.
  • Having a local charity is nice because you can reach out to them and establish partnerships. Locals more likely to care.
  • We need a new vacuum desperately – it barely works.
  • The cabinet display case outside is frozen shut.
  • OOShirts is an unreliable vendor. Don’t use them again.
  • Major issues with speakers during tech week. Eli has contacted people to try and fix them. The amps are going to need to be replaced. The amp is ours – we would have to replace it ourselves.
  • Debra will mercifully and gratefully take the lead on this.

Angels in America

  • Lots of progress in the room.
  • We open in 2 weeks (HAHAHAHA). Think we’re in an okay place.
  • Actors are great on lines.
  • Ryan Chernin will be guest directing Monday of tech week.
  • Will need to figure out when to move-in.
  • Light meeting sent up for next Wednesday. Volunteers happy to help. Ilana will be doing sound (yay!) (That sounds nice!)
  • For future staged reading: many people did not know what they were signing up for. Some confusion over that amongst the actors.
  • Expectations and commitments need to be made clear to auditioning actors at the time of the next staged reading.
  • Shirts are made – deadline extended a little. Poster photos are hopefully being taken Tuesday, barring objections from OB, who has the theater.
  • No producing budgets – imploring help from people with high print quotas.
  • Head shots are happening.
  • Reaching out to similar groups that Kimball reached out to for Laramie – similar themes and interest areas.
  • DHD will be getting emails from Laramie and reaching out to them for promotion.

Hail Satan!

  • Line issues with some cast members. Hard off book was close but wasn’t quite there.
  • Some people during soft off book period had scripts in-hand.
  • Need the EventBrite link to complete our BUS ad submission. Consider using a QR code?
  • Show is in a good place.
  • Absolutely zero excuses after Spring Break.
  • Mandatory meetings with SMs?
  • Use rehearsal time for mandatory line learning?
  • Things are coming together! Getting desks tomorrow, Home Depot Thursday.
  • All other departments are moving along. Only thing that is concerning is the blood sacrifice on top of Idine.
  • Need to practice with the knife.
  • Carpet is happening! Backup plan if it doesn’t come fireproofed.
  • Spring break is being a demon, people assume they have more time than they do.
  • T-shirt design is finalized.
  • Photo shoot happened today.
  • One-sheet programs are happening.
  • Programs were not dismissed lightly. Producing budgets did not allow for both that and advertising.
  • Katy Taylor as Head Set Dec: Do we want a board for the theater – a changeable directory. Needs about $50 more.

Private Lives

  • Blocked Act 1 and 2. Soft off book. Hard off book this week, along with blocking Act 3.
  • Actors need to be talking to Alison when they will be late or have conflicts.
  • Department meetings are done! PO deadline is set. Production photo days set. Frustration exists – so much stuff.
  • We have a shirt design in the works – nearly done. Tentative production shot date. One page programs are looking likely due to money.
  • Eli had a great idea for the posters, just need an artist.
  • Warren posters are still available. Eli wants one for Private Lives.

Abi

  • Has been sick. Feel better!

Eli

  • Fun primer in theater maintenance. Speaker problems happened. They technically work right now. For future reference: call 617-353-HELP for these sort of problems.
  • OR NOT. We need to buy new speakers, basically.
  • The current setup is unnecessarily complicated. The volume is perpetually set way too high. Cause of the hissing noise.
  • We need an official eboard policy on the theater sound system. Debra can help. Praise Debra. Hail Debra.
  • Received link tables for Hail Satan!, Angels, and Private Lives.
  • The theater was too hot. Facilities fixed it the second time Eli called.
  • Keep in mind no rooms can be booked before 7 PM on Saturday makeup class days.
  • New policy may need to be instated about “due dates” for room requests. Stay tuned.

Celia

  • All pitches are picked up! 4 main stage pitches (reading committee emails going out tonight), 1 parents weekend pitch, quite a few one act pitches!
  • When are we doing One Acts auditions? During Angels tech week so that One Acts can have as much time as possible.
  • Eli and Celia need to have a meeting about BUSTies stuff – specifically event location.
  • BUSTies host pitches tonight!
  • When is reading committee? March 15th (one week before GM).

Joe

  • Sarah returns keys to Joe
  • Raised over $4000 for The Laramie Project; BAGLY is surprised we’re donating stuff to them?
  • Only went to SAO once — filled out PO for Hail Satan! wood
  • Karen will be restocking part of the makeup kit!
  • Brushes came in, reimbursement will be distributed once Joe gets receipt
  • One Acts Producers will happen eventually!

Kyle

  • Tweets and Instagrams went well. Get photos as soon as possible, even if they aren’t official production photos.
  • Members — keep favoriting and retweeting, it gets the attention of major BU tweets.

Camille

  • Lights are back in The Space!
  • Need to send that email to Liquid Fun (if it didn’t already go out? Huh?)

Eric

  • Schedule for 2015-16 is in and “done.”
  • Apologies for the heat in the meeting space.
  • Meeting with Joe tomorrow about Parents Weekend budget.
  • When are we meeting again – March 15th, Sunday after Spring Break.

Spring 2015 Tech Team

Hello again membership! Below is an exhaustive list of everyone who is assigned to a tech team, in case you ever need to check for one reason or another.

THE LARAMIE PROJECT
Director Aryeh Harris-Shapiro
Asst. Director Evan Creedon
Technical Director Cilicia Rios
ATD Devika Bajaj
SM Marissa Kristy
ASM Sophie Heyman
ASM Sarah Moody
Hair/Makeup Abby Kass
Asst. Hair/Makeup Taylor Tessitore
Asst. Hair/Makeup Annie Tillis
Costumes Bridget Baker
Asst. Costumes Eli Brenna
Asst. Costumes Celia Gibson
Asst. Costumes Roxanne Rittman
Props Ali Edwards
Asst. Props Lee Condakes
Asst. Props Austin Crann
Lights Sam Hoffman
Asst. Lights Julia Cohen
Asst. Lights Michael Marcin
Asst. Lights Marisa Mendes
Sound Debra Marcus
Asst. Sound Ryan Morano
Set Camille Arvisu
Set Claire Buesser
Set Emma Gebhard
Set Kate Hays
Set Zack Kennedy

ANGELS IN AMERICA
Director Cara Dwyer
Stage Manager Sydney Charvat
Asst. Stage Manager Abi Oshins

HAIL SATAN!
Director Kyle Tague
Asst. Director Zach King
Technical Director Jamie Johannsen
ATD Cailtin Fournier
SM Celia Gibson
ASM Abby Kass
ASM Taylor Tessitore
Hair/Makeup Bridget Baker
Asst. Hair/Makeup Abby Smith
Asst. Hair/Makeup Alicia Winton
Costumes Emily Prescott
Asst. Costumes Cilicia Rios
Asst. Costumes Emily Zisko
Props Joe Gambino
Asst. Props Danielle Diamond
Asst. Props Emma Gebhard
Lights Courtney Bayruns
Lights Tehya Saylor
Asst. Lights Melissa Hunter
Asst. Lights Karen Loewy
Asst. Lights Brittany Kamson
Sound Joe McLaughlin
Asst. Sound Erin Billings
Set Design Jason Fox
Asst. Set Design Anush Swaminathan
Set Decoration Katy Taylor
Asst. Set Dec Nicholas Clark
Asst. Set Dec Jessi Mitrovich
Asst. Set Dec Katie Teran
Scenic Artist Evanne Deatherage
Painter Kelly Blasberg
Painter Kate Hays
Painter Andy Moeller
Master Carpetner Camille Arvisu
Build Patrick Casey
Build Thompson Cragwell
Build Michael Marcin
Build Jeremy Oshins
Build Veronica Priest

PRIVATE LIVES
Director Joe McLaughlin
Technical Director Karen Loewy M.
ATD Sam Kinde
SM Alison Parker
ASM David Hunt
ASM Sarah Kimball
Hair/Makeup Sarah Moody
Asst. Hair/Makeup Cara Dwyer
Asst. Hair/Makeup Kaitlyn Jones
Asst. Hair/Makeup Emily Zisko
Costumes Brittany Jenkins
Asst. Costumes Claire Buesser
Asst. Costumes Christy George
Asst. Costumes Abby Smith
Props Jamie Johannsen
Asst. Props Evan Creedon
Asst. Props Paulina Ke
Lights Celia Gibson
Asst. Lights Zack Kennedy
Asst. Lights Ryan Morano
Asst. Lights Elizabeth Pilger
Sound Ilana Berman
Asst. Sound Kyle Tague
Set Design Marissa Kristy
Asst. Set Design Melany Vazquez Heredia
Set Decoration Camille Arvisu
Set Decoration Ali Edwards
Asst. Set Dec Erin Billings
Asst. Set Dec Cailtin Fournier
Scenic Artist Abi Oshins
Painter Cammi Marcin
Painter Jessi Mitrovich
Painter Jeremy Oshins
Master Carpetner Scott Backman
Build Jacob Holmes
Build Ryan Kelly
Build Shoshana Koff
Build Idine Mousavi
Build Jordan Newman
Build Anush Swaminathan

Fall 2015 Pitch Season

Hello membership!

For the second time, we will be releasing the main stage pitches received for our Fall 2015 season. Any dues paying member is encouraged to attend our Third General Meeting on March 22, 7 PM, in the Agganis Student Theater. At that meeting, you will hear the creative teams pitch their shows, as well as address any potential issues our reading committee came across in their evaluation. Then, you will have the opportunity to vote for the two mainstage shows you’d like to make up our Fall 2015 season. Keep in mind the Parents Weekend show is decided by the executive board and Dean of Students office; we will have made our selection by the time of the Third General Meeting, so you have a better picture of the season you are voting for. Additionally, keep in mind Staged Reading pitches are due April 1st, with one pitch being selected by the executive board. (This makes for a total of four shows – Parents Weekend, a staged reading, and two main stages.)

Remember that you are voting for a season, not just two shows you happen to like. And remember – democracy only works if people show up. No excuses: get there and vote!

Here are the shows that were submitted as main stages (in alphabetical order). Take advantage of the time you have from now until March 22nd to research the shows and ask the creative teams questions. An informed vote is a good vote!

Deathtrap – Kyle Tague
The Pillow Man – Karen Loewy
Really Really – Rachel Skalka
Wit – Joseph McLaughlin

The following were submitted for consideration for Parents Weekend. The executive board will make a selection by the Third General Meeting on March 22nd.

Spring Awakening – Evan Creedon, Music Direction by Jessie Rosso

Finally, here are the pitches for Summer Show, which goes up for BU Orientation students over seven weeks throughout the summer. A summer show will be selected by the executive board before the end of the semester.

Betrayal – Aryeh Harris-Shapiro & Kyle Tague
The Glass Menagerie – Katy Taylor
This Is Our Youth – Emily Prescott
Proof – Ali Edwards

Note: If you believe your pitch is missing, there’s a typo, or you notice any other sort of problem, please let me know. Have great weeks!

Executive Board Meeting Notes: February 22nd, 2015

This week’s minutes:

The Laramie Project

  • We are moved in. Doing a run tonight.
  • The show now begins at 7 PM thanks to the tireless efforts of Joe Gambino (thank you).
  • Directors should be consulted on when they would prefer their show to start.
    • Deadlines should be set in the future for these types of major decisions.
  • Lights are set today, cues are being done as well.
  • Move-in was a thing. We technically have a chalkboard being picked up tomorrow – 3 options depending on director preference.
  • No major issues to report – just tweaks.
  • The decision to move things up to 7 PM without full consultation of the creative team – better communication is necessary.
  • We will be painting the floor for Laramie.
  • Cover photo and profile pictures are out and distributed. A lot of groups have been emailed.
  • Shirts arriving tomorrow, allegedly.
  • Lobby is being worked on.
  • Theater Keys given to Sarah Kimball.

Angels in America

  • Show is blocked
  • Black stools as set pieces/seats
  • There is a prop list that Cara is working on with tech volunteers
  • Actors will be in all black
  • There are a lot of conflicts with various actors – main challenge going forward
  • Shirts are done
  • Remember to strongly consider putting “BU Stage Troupe” on shirts – we are a name and brand and should wear it proudly.
  • Ideas for posters are forming. Trying to do it next week due to tough schedules this week.
  • Shirt deadline is Wednesday.
  • Sent emails to classes studying Angels at BU.

Hail Satan!

  • Rehearsals are going well. Soft off book happened, hard off book this week.
  • Very concerned about the budgets…… not enough for advertising due to rising costs for printing.
  • Scheduling for us is tricky due to labs and night classes. Working around it.
  • Concerns about certain tech departments finishing their stuff in time for photo shoots. (We need 2 weeks to submit BUS ads).
  • Set design and cut list is done.
  • Are we doing a carpet or not? Would cost about $150 or so to get the carpet plus fireproofing materials.
  • Installation of carpet is difficult. Should we put time and energy somewhere else? Jamie is considering. Abi will discuss options with her later.
  • T-shirts are almost done
  • Poster design is nearly finalized, need tech to be able to actually do the shoot
  • PO’s are complicated with OrgSync. Only Joe, Eli, Abi, and Kyle can actually submit them. For now, go to Joe about PO’s, he’ll teach the other relevant people soon.
  • Conversation about how we’re allocating our producing budgets. Will continue in more depth soon.

Private Lives

  • “Smooth sailing.” We’ve blocked half our show. Cast bonding on Friday. Group viewing of Laramie on Saturday.
  • Had to miss some rehearsals (Alison, SM) – ASMs are wonderful and managing in her absence. Soft off book was this week. Mostly going well.
  • Department meetings happened this week. Everyone seems on the ball.
  • Budget! Distributed to people! Meeting with Joe! Went well! Ideas!
  • Bus ads? Maybe? Yay!

Abi

  • Coffee with the president set up for this week!

Eli

  • Going forward — we should set the show time when a show is selected based on length.
  • Thinks Angels should start at 7.
  • Eric presents concerns about confusing people on show start times — as well as actors struggling to get to call times after Thursday/Friday classes.
  • Everyone has given Eli room reservations until the end of their shows. Angels still going weekly.
  • Major issue is the two “makeup” Saturdays – they aren’t allowing us to book rooms now, maybe ever.
  • Refusal to file rehearsals as “events” on OrgSync.
  • We can get CAS 522 on Friday and Saturday (17th-18th). Can’t get it during the week – but that isn’t necessarily a problem.
  • Colloquium Room not available on the last day of classes. Faculty dining room?
  • How much do they cost? I don’t know? We’ll see!

Celia

  • BUSTies pitching will now occur NEXT Sunday. Notice will be posted in the Facebook group.

Joe

  • Learned OrgSync. Claims he is a great star.
  • Don’t be blindsided by stuff for Laramie ever again.
  • No membership codes for Laramie. Sarah has comp codes for tech crew.
  • 40 sales already for Laramie.
  • Assigned budgets to Hail Satan! and Private Lives. Helpful to consult with directors and TDs.
  • Sound got no budget. Never uses it.
  • Stage managers got a small budget for supplies.
  • Money moved around.
  • Troupe shirts will be ordered eventually. Color will be changed.
  • EventBrite should allow sales until show time.
  • Can we put out a basket for donations for Laramie?

Kyle

  • I updated the widget.
  • Beginning Twitter/Instagram campaigns for Laramie this week.

Camille

  • Sam has Laramie lights keys. Cilicia already had her keys.
  • The Space lights are still not fixed. It’s dark. Sad.
  • The theater lights are now messed up. We don’t know why.
  • The master presets are just wonky. Not doing what they should?
  • Facilities are not being helpful, uncommunicative
  • VagMo rented pipe and drape. All returned. Money should be going to Joe soon.
  • Will post tech list. Sorry.

Eric

  • Nothing pressing to report.

Executive Board Meeting Notes: February 15th, 2015

This week’s minutes:

The Laramie Project

  • Rehearsed this week as much as possible (despite weather)
  • Zisko was sick, found ways to make days productive
  • Line-through happened yesterday, went “acceptably,” not in trouble
  • Could it have gone better? Yes.
  • Took head shots
  • Snow sucks. No tech meeting due to that. Student Theater being used this week thanks to OB.
  • Moving in a week early, gonna be stored in the workshop. Yay!
  • Only one department meeting
  • Cilicia will be receiving keys tonight.
  • Kristy feels good hooray
  • Photoshoot went really well for promotional materials!

Angels in America

  • Scheduled to be blocked by end of the week. Some actors already memorized. “It’s a beautiful thing.”
  • Producer’s shirt is “aces”
  • Lighting volunteers secured!
  • Conflicts overall have been problematic due to tech show and OB, etc.
  • Actors will have scripts in hand during the show. “Rocking and rolling”
  • Worked on the shirt.
  • Poster materials will be done next week

Hail Satan!

  • Scheduling this week was rough! But it’s gonna be okay!
  • Set design and scenic artist meetings happened. Set design nearly done. Scenic artist will have almost everything ready this week.
  • Department meetings happening this week.
  • Cut list this week, Home Depot run hopefully 2/23?
  • Money is confusing… “have a beautiful day.”
  • Waiting on budget and OrgSyc workshop.
  • T-shirt is nearly ready.
  • Budgets need to be finalized!

Private Lives

  • Snow canceled several rehearsals, but been assigning line work and making plans to catch up.
  • Act 1 is nearly blocked (“pretty bomb”)
  • Department meetings happening this week
  • Had email checkins, met with set design
  • Meeting with Joe/team this week, need a budget. Need to know OrgSync stuff.

Abi

  • Coffee with the president slots have been scheduled
  • Bridget used first aid kit at theater after Celia suffered a minor finger injury. It is understocked. She will talk to Joe about replenishing it.

Eli

  • Cilicia texted Eli about using the theater before Laramie, answer is yes, it’s OB’s theater this week technically.
  • Rooms are annoying, couldn’t schedule any on Monday/Tuesday. Wait time was multiple hours. They were finally done on Friday.
  • He needs bystander training info.
  • We need One Acts time slot and location.

Celia

  • Tech show happened.
  • Roast assignments happening this week.
  • No one showed up to pitch BUSTies except a sarcastic, apathetic Aryeh.

Joe

  • OrgSync is still a learning experience
  • Still trying to figure out paying Mac Rogers, SAO is being difficult
  • Assigning budgets this week
  • We should put out a bulletin on potentially interested eboard members

Kyle

  • Nothing new to report, 2nd GM recap went out I suppose

Camille

  • TECH SHOW WAS GREAT
  • Some difficulty with lights due to challenge of craft but other than that most tech happened!
  • Wandering Minds rented a bunch of furniture, will be paying us
  • Training of ATDs hasn’t happened due to weather

Eric was not available due to weather.

Executive Board Meeting Notes: February 8th, 2015

This week’s executive board minutes:

The Laramie Project

  • Rehearsals have been happening. They’re good. First tech meeting – one department unavailable (Costumes).
  • Producers Meeting went well! T-Shirt design exists!
  • Backup date for the photoshoot set. February 14th.
  • Formal request to de-Troupe the lobby; request granted by Eli.
  • Formal congratulations for TA event funds.
  • More integrated tech meetings with acting rehearsals.
  • “Set ensemble” instead of MC. Not a lot of building.
  • Giant tech email incoming.
  • We do not have a chalkboard.
  • Maybe talk to facilities – can we rent a chalkboard? If not them, Emerson?
  • Shirts are sent out.
  • Marisa Kristy (stage manager) was not present.

Angels in America

  • Two rehearsals, more scheduled.
  • People contacted Camille about tech, which is great!
  • Some actors are already memorizing!?!?
  • Danielle Hope Diamond emailed in a checkin: been in contact with Cara about vision for the show.

Hail Satan!

  • Blocked the show.
  • Please be flexible in dealing with schedules.
  • We have a full schedule. Assistants are wonderful.
  • We set soft and hard off book dates.
  • We have a crew, had a meeting, went well! Confident everything will go well.
  • Since we want BU BUS ads, costuming & hair/makeup will need to be ready for a photo shoot at least 2 weeks out.

Private Lives

  • Joe McLaughlin was at work. Did not provide a checkin.
  • Alison Parker (Stage Manager): We have soft and hard off book dates set. Cast is soft memorizing pages at a time.
  • First tech meeting happened, department meetings this week.
  • Try to keep in mind other tech meetings when scheduling rehearsals, directors.
  • Soft producing dates are set!

Abi

  • Helped with Tech Show.

Eli

  • Laramie link tables were reserved but apparently aren’t being used.
  • Yay thank you for submitting rooms in advance!
  • Pitches are due February 25th. GM info needs to be disseminated.

Celia

  • TA Event: Raised $1,236.29! What a haul!
  • Aryeh & Idine owe $33. Joe McLaughlin owes $20.
  • BUSTies pitches are next week!
  • One Acts pitches are also happening.
  • TA Event was stressful due to how soon it was in the semester (we lost a week off the schedule). Event itself ran well, if a little long. Ultimately successful.

Joe

  • Went to SAO. Laramie is not in the calendar. It’s in now.
  • EventBrite will go up 2 weeks in advance. All tickets $6. No membership code (it’s for charity, guys). Comp codes available to those who worked on the show.
  • Meeting with people to finalize budgets this week.
  • SAO is being weird about paying Mac Rogers.
  • Make sure Laramie’s t-shirt orders are in by the end of this week.
  • One Acts Pitches/Summer Show Pitches — how much are rights for the show?

Kyle

  • No real checkin.

Camille

  • Tech crews happened!
  • Safety trained head TDs and OB MCs/TDs. Also Wandering Minds TA and one of their TDs.
  • Still need to do Troupe ATDs and MCs.
  • TA event was beautiful and amazing.
  • Tech show is in good shape! Moved in, full run, blocked, etc.
  • TDs are confused about how to handle budgets.

Eric was not available to attend the meeting due to the weather.

Executive Board Meeting Notes: February 1st, 2015

This week’s executive board minutes:

The Laramie Project

Show is cast!

Read-through being tentatively scheduled for tomorrow, barring any issues with snow.

Angels in America

Cast is beautiful; first read-through on Thursday? (Zoe is super busy due to rush week.)

Hail Satan!

Cast! Read-through today at 4.

Meeting with Jamie went great.

Private Lives

Cast the show! Read-through is on Tuesday. Rooms requests will be going to Eli.

Audition Process

Open communication is great! Consider using social media or texting to communicate about casting to prevent people from coming in during the callback process.

Snowpocalypse hurt total auditionees. We somehow made it work.

Staged reading priorities didn’t hurt anything.

Producing Inquiry

Sarah needs assistant producers for Laramie.

We need to consider expanding producing budgets to account for inflation of costs in Warren posters. Digital signage does not appear to be effective.

Abi

“Coffee with the president” – email blast will happen in the next week or so. Opportunity to share ideas for Troupies in an intimate setting.

Eli

Rooms are ready for Laramie for the next month (with the exception of weekends.)

Directors: request rooms from Eli at least a day in advance; otherwise, you may not get a room.

Joe Gambino needs to email Eli about bystander training so he can sign up and attend.

Casting happened, proud of directors.

Heads of Production meeting on Saturday the 7th. Time? How about 5:00 PM in the Student Theater.

Celia

Assassins will begin tonight at midnight (following the delays from Snowpocalypse). Three clothespins to distribute still.

TA event stuff needs to be finalized: performers, hosts, donations, etc. If this sounds like you: email Celia at cgibson2@bu.edu.

Film the thing.

Joe

Don’t get Warren posters.

Mac Rogers has been in touch, has a contract and we will pay him.

Link tables will be done this week. Producers will be done when enough applications come in.

Kyle

Finally figured out how to get into the Stage Troupe WordPress site. Use username “bustagetroupe.”

Will update the widget and create Facebook events for TA event and 2nd GM (which is this Sunday!)

Camille

Stage managers will come as soon as she can get enough applications!

Tech deadline is Tuesday at 4 PM.

Random ladder open in The Space. Was someone working on the lights? Hm.

Eric

Lights in the space – still dark! (Sad.)

Fall season conversation happens today.

Fall Season Conversation

Not enough techies to do 4 full out main stages, especially with Parents Weekend. Concerns about top techie seniors graduating.

This season’s format seems to work well. 1 Parents Weekend, 2 Main Stages, 1 Staged Reading?

Should the membership select the staged reading? Or should the eboard, like this semester?

WHAT IF: Joe had a great idea. Let the membership vote as a poll to gauge interest in membership desire. Eboard will have ultimate decision.

Town hall meeting made some members feel “really heard.”

Casting procedure would probably be the same way as it operated this semester: auditions simultaneously, with priority for main stages/Parents Weekend.

Eric raises concerns about casting priority, especially with the gorilla of Parents Weekend. Board agrees staged reading should have the same priority (this semester was a special case).

HERE IS HOW THE SEASON WILL WORK:

1 Parents Weekend, 1 Staged Reading, 2 Main Stages, in that order.

The sitting eboard will determine the staged reading following the selection of the season’s other main stages (which will be determined by the membership, per usual). Should a sitting eboard member have a main stage pitch selected, he or she will contribute in the meeting but abstain from the final vote.

Show voting for main stages is March 22nd. Staged reading town hall meeting and selection will be tentatively April 12th. Staged reading pitches will be due April 1st.

We should probably make sure the staged reading is considered under the purview of the Vice President (rather than the Vice President of Special Project). Potential amendment to the constitution should be drafted.

Spring 2015 Cast List

If you got cast – congratulations. Check your emails, expect something from your directing team immediately – given the lost time they’ll want to get started as soon as possible.

If you didn’t get cast – understand that you are very talented, and sometimes there just aren’t enough parts to fill. Please consider auditioning for us again – we’ll be having auditions for One Acts & Monologues Festival later this semester.

Additionally, if you have any interest in teching or producing, we’ll be having our Spring 2015 Tech Meeting TOMORROW at 11 AM in “The Space” (near Cane’s Chicken). No experience is necessary, and attending doesn’t signify commitment – just come here about the amazing opportunities our season can offer you. It’s a great way to learn and add something awesome to your resume or portfolio.

Phew. Alright, here we go, guys.


The Laramie Project

Moises Kaufman: Cory Azmon

Greg Pierotti: Jeremy Oshins

Amanda Gronich: Emily Zisko

Leigh Fondakowski: Ilana Berman

Stephen Belber: Eli Saracino

Barbara Pitts: Paulina Ke

Andy Paris: Simon Kienitz Kincade


Angels in America: Millennium Approaches

Roy M. Cohn: Benjamin Moll

Joseph Pitt: Dan Koski

Harper Pitt: Ali Edwards

Louis Ironson: Nathan Wilgeroth

Prior Walter: Cody Sloan

Hannah Porter Pitt / Ethel Rosenberg: Emily Prescott

Belize / Mr. Lies: Ayush Kumar

The Angel / Emily / Sister Ella Chapter: Zoe Enscoe

Henry / Martin Heller: Andy Moeller


Hail Satan!

Tom: Idine Mousavi

Angie: Kaitlyn Jones

Charlie: Kyle Mitchell

Kristen: Jessie Torrance

Marcus: Eli Brenna

Natalie: Cameron Barney


Private Lives

Elyot: Ryan Chernin

Amanda: Brittany Martin

Victor: Nick Palodmi

Sybil: Sarah Sosland

Louise, the Maid: Rachel Skalka


Spring 2015 Callbacks

CTRL-F your name. Or don’t. Whatever.

If you are called back for one or more shows: congratulations! Callbacks will take place from 1-6 PM in B36 TOMORROW, Saturday 1/31. 

Keep an eye on your inboxes – most directors email those called back for his or her show.

If you were not called back – know that we had an especially small season with a multitude of extremely talented actors. It doesn’t mean we didn’t want you. In fact, we still do – if you’re interested in tech, we will be having our tech meeting this Sunday (February 1st) in “The Space.” No experience required! If you only want to act, keep an eye out for audition postings for our One Acts & Monologues Festival in the coming months.

Thank you everyone, and good luck. May the odds be ever in your favor!


The Laramie Project

Males

Cory Azmon

Eli Brenna

Ryan Chernin

Simon Kienitz Kincade

Dan Koski

Ayush Kumar

Jeremy Oshins

Eli Saracino

Female

Cameron Barney

Ilana Berman

Danielle Hope Diamond

Hanna Eichen

Paulina Ke

Abi Oshins

Emily Prescott

Sarah Sosland

Taylor Tessitore

Jessie Torrance

Emily Zisko


 Angels in America – Millennium Approaches

Males

Eli Brenna

Joe Gambino

Simon Kienitz Kincade

Dan Koski

Ayush Kumar

Andy Moeller

Benjamin Moll

Jeremy Oshins

Nicholas Palombi

Eli Saracino

Cody Sloan

Nathan Wilgeroth

Females

Sydney Charvat

Ali Edwards

Zoe Enscoe

Kaitlyn Jones

Brittany Kamson

Brittany Martin

Abi Oshins

Emily Prescott

Jessie Torrance

Emily Zisko


 Hail Satan!

Males

Eli Brenna

Ryan Chernin

Simon Kienitz Kincade

Kyle Mitchell

Benjamin Moll

Idine Mousavi

Nicholas Palombi

Nathan Wilgeroth

Females

Cameron Barney

Sydney Charvat

Danielle Hope Diamond

Kaitlyn Jones

Emily Prescott

Rachel Skalka

Taylor Tessitore

Jessie Torrance

Emily Zisko


 Private Lives

Males

Cory Azmon

Scott Backman

Eli Brenna

Ryan Chernin

Robby Finan

Idine Mousavi

Jeremy Oshins

Nicholas Palombi

Nathan Wilgeroth

Females

Ilana Berman

Sydney Charvat

Kelly Duffy

Zoe Enscoe

Kaitlyn Jones

Paulina Ke

Brittany Martin

Emily Prescott

Rachel Skalka

Taylor Tessitore

Jessie Torrance

Executive Board Meeting Notes: January 19th, 2015

This week’s executive board minutes:

Abi

  • Eboard will be sending an email to people who auditioned but did not get cast last semester. Will happen this week. Abi already combed through the list.
  • How should we boost tech?

Eli

  • General Meeting is this Sunday — tentatively booked for COM101.
    • Problem: BU shuffle in securing the payment for the room. “Faculty Service Request” — what is that?
    • Will go to SAO and speak to a human to resolve the problem tomorrow (Tuesday, 1/20).
  • Unable to log into OrgSync. Will address with SAO tomorrow as well.
  • Requested audition rooms at the end of last semester, unconfirmed due to inability to access OrgSync.
  • Drafted the Painting the Stage memo.

Celia

  • Assassins signups will continue this Sunday, end Monday of auditions, clips distributed (and games begin) Wednesday of auditions.
  • Eboard date to see BUSTies host pitches: will be pushed at GM #1 and GM #2. February 15th
  • Push will also happen for Event Manager positions for BUSTies.
  • Are we doing a coco social this semester — and if so, when? Apparently, during the Tech Meeting (1/30/15)
  • Kickball will tentatively happen during reading period — will discuss with Chris from OB
  • Will plug the TA Event in GM #1 (hosting and performing duties).

Joe

  • Laramie Project & Private Lives rights are secured!
  • Angels in America’s rights are secured
  • Hail Satan! rights are secured, payment still needs to happen
  • Producer for Laramie Project: Sarah Kimball
  • T-Shirt design is completed.
  • All reimbursements from last semester completed
  • GM in COM101 paid for
  • All events are up on OrgSync and approved
  • Mandatory OrgSync training from January 24th or 25th to 1-3:30
  • Budget discussions with directors are going to happen this week.
  • EventBrite for Spring dues should be
  • Courtney Bayruns wants an expensive request for lights; need her here to discuss
  • Karen Loewy requested makeup supplies; reimbursement incoming
  • Head producers for other shows need to be done soon, will happen after auditions
  • One flat price for Laramie tickets; no membership price
  • Other events getting EventBrite this week.

Kyle

  • Directors – send me synopses for the Troupe site
  • Facebook events will go up tonight
  • First Troupe email will be going out this week

Camille

  • Tech show (Camille giggles). Camille will be meeting with TD/ATD to discuss.
  • Safety training for all TDs/ATDs/MCs/TAs will happen in early February.
  • Reminder to all TDs and MCs about three strike policy for Space Usage for other groups. (“Loving the Space.”)
  • TDs are assigned! Tech form submissions now open.
  • Tech meeting on the 30th, 7pm at The Space

Eric

  • Super Bowl Sunday needs to be addressed — should we move the eboard meeting so people can watch the game? 1 PM on 2/1/15!
  • Pitches will be due February 25th, 2015. (This includes main stages, Parents Weekend, and Summer Show.)
  • Reading committee will be conducted on the 1st and 15th of March.
  • Need to sit down with Joe to discuss Parents Weekend budget.

Tech Discussions

  • Getting entrenched techies to reach out to new members auditioning to try to get people to sign up for tech.
  • Tech forms should be available at auditions.
  • Camille & Jamie made a survey – send it out to last season’s techies? Will be sent out.

GM #1

  • What needs to be addressed?
    • Abi will welcome everyone
    • Eli will introduce directors of shows & discuss audition process
    • Celia will talk discuss Assassins, TA event, Coco Social, & BUSTies
    • Joe will discuss dues, t-shirts & producing
    • Kyle will review our social media tools & ways to stay in contact
    • Camille will promote tech forms/meeting and the tech show
    • Eric will say nothing
  • Powerpoint to be produced at the next eboard meeting!