This week’s minutes:
One Acts Checkouts
- DHD/Andy: It was great! The playwright liked it!
- Zoe: It went well. (“It was all good in the hood”)
- Ali: Stressful. It was harder than last semester. Perhaps related to morale? Feels we need to get out of this “it’s only One Acts” mindset. Good production regardless.
- Caitlin: TD keys returned. Show went up. Everything was beautiful. It happened. Thumbs up.
- Karen: We got 40 people on Friday, 30 people on Saturday – above average numbers for a non-Student Theater festival. If producing is taken seriously, good numbers will result? Good training opportunity.
- Went to a meeting this week with other theater groups and reps from SAO concerning spaces on campus for build, storage and performance. There will be a followup meeting. Will discuss in more detail with Eric.
- We have to reregister the group (Joe is working on it)
- BUSTies appears to be sorted out on all fronts.
- “It’s never over”
- Rooms for summer show auditions have been reserved
- Lots of BUSTies things are happening. EventBrite will be up soon.
- Hosts are wonderful and are working their butts off.
- Roasts will be due soon! Should be sent to Ali!
- Nomination Committee will be taken care of tonight. Will contact directors and create the survey.
- BUSTies base painting happens after the GM next week.
- Ali will be reimbursed for trophy heads.
- New board will be doing superlatives for old board.
- Brittany and David have access to OrgSync. Reimbursements on the way.
- BUSTies EventBrite will be approved shortly, then tickets may be purchased. Should be up by Tuesday.
- Seussical rights are purchased.
- Summer show needs a producer.
- Rights will be purchased for summer show with Brittany.
- BUSTies and Summer Show audition Facebook events are up.
- Having issues with making events via the official BU Stage Troupe Facebook Page. Investigating.
- bustagetroupe.com needs to be renewed by May 18th
- BUSTies EventBrite is actually now up. $5 for members, $7 for nonmembers
- Spring One Acts happened. Cart of pipe and drape is in The Space; will be moved back Wednesday.
- Laramie will give back the chalkboard this week.
- There were last minute OB and WM rentals.
- Shakespeare left lights hanging, WM took care of it. The latter are currently in the theater.
- Space Cleaning assignments are forthcoming.
- Alison and Camille had an incoming TA meeting. Will speak to Eric.
- Liquid Fun never paid for any rentals. Can we email them?
- Neither did Vagina Monologues or Willing Suspensions. Contact them?
- Parents Weekend: Seussical the Musical (October 16th, 17th and 18th)
- Staged Reading: The Skriker (October 29th, 30th, and 31st)
- W;t (November 5th, 6th and 7th)
- Really Really (November 19th, 20th and 21st)
- Can we create a Troupe calendar with shared dates? (Show dates, GMs, space cleaning, special projects?) Yes. It’ll be on the Troupe website, Karlie will manage it.
- Can Master Carpenters get an official “assistant?” The next TA will evaluate.
- Concerns about bias with the VPSP making a recommendation about the charity show. (Note: the VPSP currently makes a recommendation to the rest of the executive board; the board votes to approve or disapprove the show.)
- Concerns about the staged reading being selected by the eboard. In the future, the membership should vote on it.
- Concerns about executive board members representing themselves/the group on campus.
- Can we do a survey on the membership? How do they feel about the group? What’s working, what isn’t?
- We do have data on how many members we have and how many shows they worked on.
- An open survey would be new, though.
- Consider using GoogleSurvey as a way to better handle aggregate data?