So a lot went down at this meeting. It was a big one (that's what she said.) Here's a breakdown:
1. One Act auditions are TOMORROW. That's TOMORROW, October 27th and October 28th from 6-10 in the PSYCH BASEMENT! There are five one acts to audition for, so plenty of fun parts to be had. If you are interested in teching for one acts, email Rena at email@example.com. One Acts perform December 4th, 5th, and 6th.
2. Because we did not receive any pitches for next semester's kid's show, we have extended the deadline to November 6th. We have also opened the parameters of the event; now the kid's show is a general charity show. This means that a charity show pitch would include several things.
A) a show you want to direct that can be done with basically no budget
B) a charity that you would give the proceeds to that is in some way connected to your show
C) a reason why your show should be chosen and why you chose that charity
So get those pitches in by November 6th to IT office in an envelope marked Attention: Eric Jacobsen. Download the kid's show pitch form from the website, but include an answer to 2C (above).
3. We also have miscellaneous news.
A) Kim will be "arrested" as part of Alpha Phi's "Jail and Bail" event, the sorority's annual philanthropic event. It will be held at Harper's Ferry in Allston at 9:00 on Tuesday, October 28th. Tickets to the event are $8. There will be free non alcoholic drinks, bands playing, and general merriment. Plus we get to free Kim, our beloved president, from "jail."
B) CFA School of Theater has offered Stage Troupe free tickets to their performance of Tennessee Williams' Glass Menagerie. The performance will be next Sunday, November 2nd at 2:00 pm in CFA. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending in case they want a head count.
C) Keith Gildea needs actors, actresses, and possible PAs for his student film. Email email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
D) David needs people to participate on Busties' Nominating Committee. To be eligible, you have to have either seen all the shows OR seen all the special projects OR both. You have to be able to meet during the day for about an hour on December 7th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
4. The season for next semester, in no particular order is:
*Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead,
directed by Carolyn Byrne and Will Wheeler
*Crimes of the Heart, directed by Adam Lebowitz-Lockard
*Hollywood Liquor, written and directed by Zach Drummer
Thank you to everyone who pitched!
5. The next general meeting is December 7th, at 7:00 pm in CAS 211.
We will be voting on BUSTIES.