This week's minutes: The Laramie Project
- We are moved in. Doing a run tonight.
- The show now begins at 7 PM thanks to the tireless efforts of Joe Gambino (thank you).
- Directors should be consulted on when they would prefer their show to start.
- Deadlines should be set in the future for these types of major decisions.
- Lights are set today, cues are being done as well.
- Move-in was a thing. We technically have a chalkboard being picked up tomorrow - 3 options depending on director preference.
- No major issues to report - just tweaks.
- The decision to move things up to 7 PM without full consultation of the creative team - better communication is necessary.
- We will be painting the floor for Laramie.
- Cover photo and profile pictures are out and distributed. A lot of groups have been emailed.
- Shirts arriving tomorrow, allegedly.
- Lobby is being worked on.
- Theater Keys given to Sarah Kimball.
Angels in America
- Show is blocked
- Black stools as set pieces/seats
- There is a prop list that Cara is working on with tech volunteers
- Actors will be in all black
- There are a lot of conflicts with various actors - main challenge going forward
- Shirts are done
- Remember to strongly consider putting "BU Stage Troupe" on shirts - we are a name and brand and should wear it proudly.
- Ideas for posters are forming. Trying to do it next week due to tough schedules this week.
- Shirt deadline is Wednesday.
- Sent emails to classes studying Angels at BU.
- Rehearsals are going well. Soft off book happened, hard off book this week.
- Very concerned about the budgets...... not enough for advertising due to rising costs for printing.
- Scheduling for us is tricky due to labs and night classes. Working around it.
- Concerns about certain tech departments finishing their stuff in time for photo shoots. (We need 2 weeks to submit BUS ads).
- Set design and cut list is done.
- Are we doing a carpet or not? Would cost about $150 or so to get the carpet plus fireproofing materials.
- Installation of carpet is difficult. Should we put time and energy somewhere else? Jamie is considering. Abi will discuss options with her later.
- T-shirts are almost done
- Poster design is nearly finalized, need tech to be able to actually do the shoot
- PO's are complicated with OrgSync. Only Joe, Eli, Abi, and Kyle can actually submit them. For now, go to Joe about PO's, he'll teach the other relevant people soon.
- Conversation about how we're allocating our producing budgets. Will continue in more depth soon.
- "Smooth sailing." We've blocked half our show. Cast bonding on Friday. Group viewing of Laramie on Saturday.
- Had to miss some rehearsals (Alison, SM) - ASMs are wonderful and managing in her absence. Soft off book was this week. Mostly going well.
- Department meetings happened this week. Everyone seems on the ball.
- Budget! Distributed to people! Meeting with Joe! Went well! Ideas!
- Bus ads? Maybe? Yay!
- Coffee with the president set up for this week!
- Going forward -- we should set the show time when a show is selected based on length.
- Thinks Angels should start at 7.
- Eric presents concerns about confusing people on show start times -- as well as actors struggling to get to call times after Thursday/Friday classes.
- Everyone has given Eli room reservations until the end of their shows. Angels still going weekly.
- Major issue is the two "makeup" Saturdays - they aren't allowing us to book rooms now, maybe ever.
- Refusal to file rehearsals as "events" on OrgSync.
- We can get CAS 522 on Friday and Saturday (17th-18th). Can't get it during the week - but that isn't necessarily a problem.
- Colloquium Room not available on the last day of classes. Faculty dining room?
- How much do they cost? I don't know? We'll see!
- BUSTies pitching will now occur NEXT Sunday. Notice will be posted in the Facebook group.
- Learned OrgSync. Claims he is a great star.
- Don't be blindsided by stuff for Laramie ever again.
- No membership codes for Laramie. Sarah has comp codes for tech crew.
- 40 sales already for Laramie.
- Assigned budgets to Hail Satan! and Private Lives. Helpful to consult with directors and TDs.
- Sound got no budget. Never uses it.
- Stage managers got a small budget for supplies.
- Money moved around.
- Troupe shirts will be ordered eventually. Color will be changed.
- EventBrite should allow sales until show time.
- Can we put out a basket for donations for Laramie?
- I updated the widget.
- Beginning Twitter/Instagram campaigns for Laramie this week.
- Sam has Laramie lights keys. Cilicia already had her keys.
- The Space lights are still not fixed. It's dark. Sad.
- The theater lights are now messed up. We don't know why.
- The master presets are just wonky. Not doing what they should?
- Facilities are not being helpful, uncommunicative
- VagMo rented pipe and drape. All returned. Money should be going to Joe soon.
- Will post tech list. Sorry.
- Nothing pressing to report.