Executive Board Minutes 10/21/18

Footloose will give check-outs next week!

Show Check-Ins

The Nerd

  • Director: Flannery G.

    • Made a lot of progress and improvement this week

    • Realized that the organic style of the script is a bit of a challenge

    • Cast needs to rest

    • Identified parts of the show that need the most attention

    • Steve is coming to visit rehearsal on Wednesday!

  • TD: Zach L.

    • Wood order arrived last week

    • Paint should be coming Tuesday and Friday

    • Build starts tomorrow

    • Had last tech meeting today

  • SM: Rachel R.

    • Saw lots of progress; identified points that need work

    • Everything is coming together well

    • Anticipating cast conflicts

    • Brian is coming on Saturday for sound

  • Producer: Ruth J.

    • On waitlist for Warren poster

    • Eventbrite is live; Facebook event will be up soon

    • Photoshoot went well

    • Ordered t-shirts; expedited shipping

    • Working on flyers, lobby decoration, bus ad, BU Today article, GSU link table

    • Planning a producing meeting for Friday

Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical

  • Director: Syd R.

    • Whole cast went to see Footloose—huge congrats to the Footloose team on a great show!

    • Cast performed a number at Drag On Fire last week—introduced Ariana to organizers to maintain Troupe’s connection to the group in the future

    • Ran the entire show in the Student Theater to start getting accustomed to space and run time

    • Finishing last of choreography and blocking, starting full runs this week

  • MD: Ben C.

    • Nothing new to report—still recovering from illness and hoing to be back in Boston this week

  • Choreographer: Arielle K.

    • Trying to be flexible with scheduling to accommodate illness

    • Taught lots of dance this week—cast continues to amaze

    • Had lots of one-on-one meetings on Friday to go over choreography

    • Ran 80% of the show on Friday

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Did not have a tech meeting due to Footloose strike

    • Went over tech items with Syd; should have everything needed and will pass on info to departments today

    • Still no progress on POs; checking in with producers

    • Wood order went through; delivery date pending

    • Planning department meetings for the week; tech meeting on Sunday

  • SM: Ariana T.

    • Many cast members are sick

    • Trying to have a music rehearsal this week now that Ben is back

    • Worked on lots of choreo this week

    • Ran entire show in the Student Theater

    • Went to Footloose as a bonding event

    • Drag on Fire was a big success and lots of fun

    • Finishing choreo and blocking, reviewing music this week

    • Cast conflicts can be frustrating

    • Returned Student Theater keys to Erin at board

  • Producers: Andrea R. and Sage H.

    • Stickers arrived

    • Sage took pictures of Drag on Fire performance

    • POs still pending; Sage is checking on them this week

    • On waitlist for Warren Poster

    • Trying to coordinate photoshoot

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Worked on Footloose all week doing mic changes and props

    • Worked on bios and other producing for The Nerd

    • Had Footloose Strike today; picked up U-Haul with Alicia

    • Went to The Nerd rehearsal on Friday

  • VP: Erin

    • Worked on Footloose hair & makeup and sound

    • Talked to Rachel about room bookings for The Nerd

    • Met with the Howard Thurman Center; planning workshop

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Worked on Footloose set decoration; grateful for Diane and Jake!

    • Getting lots of sign ups for Reading Committee, but still looking for more

    • Received One Acts pitches and interest

    • Met Evan from Drag on Fire to maintain connection between our groups

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Eventbrites for The Nerd and Hair are live

    • Picked up SPS mics with Jake earlier in the week

    • Worked on Footloose producing a lot; producers are superstars

    • Smoothed out wrinkles with Footloose Eventbrite

    • Having a GSU poster rather than Warren poster was really beneficial; will talk to Shiney about making that a regular alternative

    • Researching shows that are being pitched

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Footloose promotional material, ticketing questions, and show week! All things Footloose

  • TA: Alicia

    • At Footloose strike