Summer Show: No Exit
Director: David M.
Recommends that future Summer Shows are directed by current students rather than a recent graduate, as it can be very challenging to stay motivated
Encourages doing a short show with a small cast
TD: David G.
Last show and strike went well; a little slow, but satisfied overall
Suggestion for future shows: consider restricting flat height to a maximum of 8 feet to accommodate fire marshal requirements
A great experience overall—big thanks to entire Summer Show team
SM: Ariana T.
Great to have talkbacks and sign up for email list after show
Showcase turned out really well; however, would warn about ppl availability
Rehearsal attendance can be frustrating: in the future, make commitment and expectations more clear from the get-go
It would be helpful to have an ASM in the future, especially for bigger shows
Encourage holding bonding events throughout summer
Producer: Rachel R.
Initially difficult due to some road blocks and to being a first-time producer, but overall a very fun and informative experience
Appreciated E-Board and others encouraging a stress-free environment
Wished there were more information in Producer’s Guide specific to Summer Show
Director: Babatunde A.
Had first read-through
MDs: James R. and Doug B.
First pit rehearsal went really well
Orchestrations are done
TD: Jake T.
Finalized set design
Meeting with Tsai staff on Wednesday
SMs: Lena J. and Jen M.
Working on a schedule
Producer: Kendall G.
Filmed lots of material at pit rehearsal, read-through
Made Instagram and Snapchat - follow @troupefootloose
Choreographer: Kim Z.
Checking out potential rooms in Fit Rec, CFA, etc. for dance office hours
Director: Flannery G.
Had first read-through today of of act one
Did introductions, went over general information, exchanged contact info
Creating rehearsal schedule to navigate conflicts and setting up one-on one character meetings
Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical
Director: Syd R.
Had first read through and it was really exciting to get everyone together
First music rehearsal is tomorrow
Meeting with Arielle to start choreography
Tentative rehearsal schedule laid out; subject to change based on cast schedules
Still no script, which is a challenge
MD: Ben C.
Great positive and enthusiastic environment at read-through
Choreographer: Arielle K.
Had first conversation at read-through with cast about show content
Shared creative team contact info with cast
Open Board Business:
Wants to get the word out about Toasty Boys by tabling in the GSU; wants to know if Stage Troupe will sponsor Toasty Boys so that they can book a table in the GSU Link
This is a one-time situation as Toasty Boys is working on becoming their own independent BU club
Helped run auditions, callbacks, and casting as a mediator (internal and external)
Met with Erin Murdock from SAO on Friday
Gave keys to Jake
Went to Tech Meeting! Yay tech!
Wants to start writing a new VP guide
Helped run auditions and callbacks
Went to Tech Meeting
Returned keys to Erin
Stopped by Hair read-through
Started planning COMBAT; contacting other groups involved and meeting with Alicia to plan
Meeting with Footloose producers this week
Meeting to talk to Shiney about lobby
Helped run auditions, callbacks
Went to Tech Meeting
Assistant Producer app will be out tomorrow
Updating producer and treasurer guides
Ran Footloose dance auditions and callbacks
Attended first Footloose read-through
Lots of membership correspondence
Promoting all of Troupe’s upcoming events (Tech Meeting, Techstravaganza, etc.)
Helped run auditions, callbacks, and casting as mediator (internal and external); reflecting on updating the rules and guidelines for mediation
Tech, TD/ATD, and SM apps are closing soon
Working on assigning people to tech teams; electronic forms have made this process much better
Met with Erin Murdock from SAO
Held Tech Meeting for Troupe and also attended OB tech meeting
Met with Jake to finalize Footloose set design
Sent out Techstravaganza email with schedule
Reaching out to Ruby to see if OB is participating in Techstravaganza
Meeting with Tsai to make wood order and cut list