Executive Board Notes 7/12/18

Summer Show: No Exit

  • Director: David M.
    • Taylor was amazing!
    • A bummer that so few people showed up, but that was somewhat expected
  • TD: David G. 
    • No complaints or concerns
    • The run was lovely!
    • Thank you to Alba for stepping in for Emma!
  • Producer: Rachel R.
    • Sent new production shots to Kim
  • SM: Ariana T.
    • Was missing lots of people during Tuesday rehearsal but was able to hold down the fort
    • Adding Taylor to the show went very well despite not having much rehearsal time
    • So proud of everyone
    • Showcase—very proud of everyone! Showcase and tour went well and sparked a lot of interest

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba
    • Performed in showcase
    • Liked the tour and the different perspective it offered
    • Went to SAO a few times to work out wrinkles re: rights
    • Participated in reading committee
    • Ran sound for No Exit
  • VP: Erin
    • Still in France!
    •  Reached out to OB about audition rooms
  • VPSP: Ariana
    • Ran showcase
    • Organized and held reading committee
    • Meetings with reading committee groups on Sunday went very well
    • Working on writing questions for directors; in contact with all the prospective directors to schedule meetings
    • Talked to Shaina to set a date for Troupe/OB kickball (Saturday Oct. 6th)
    • Sent in spotlight material
  • Treasurer: Chrissy
    • Participated in reading committee
    • Went to SAO a lot:
      • Footloose: edited invoice submitted
      • The Nerd: waiting for approval for the event; uploading the theater schedule
      • Next to Normal: drum rental payment request submitted
      • Smokefall: edited invoice submitted; should finally be complete
      • No Exit: working on reimbursements; sent producer's guide to Rachel
  • Secretary: Kim
    • Posted on FB, Instagram, and Twitter for Showcase
    • Emailed Bryan Adams to resolve issue re: Smokefall rights with DPS
    • Made new No Exit Facebook event
    • Reached out to No Exit producers to get updated production photos (the first set of photos did not include Taylor or Doug)—and the new photos are great!
    • Shared next spotlight post!
    • Responded to some inquiries on FB re: Summer Show
  • TD: Alicia
    • Keeping in touch with David to see how Summer Show is going
    • Waiting on contact information for Playwrights
    • TD applications for F&F are still open!
    • Working on SM application for F&F to send to Kimmie for website
    • Participated with reading committee

Executive Board Notes 6/25/18

Summer Show: No Exit

  • Director: David M.
    • Nothing new!
  • TD: David G. 
    • Last run went fine
    • happy with how tech is going
    • Tech for Showcase is pretty simple—looking forward to it!
  • Producer: Rachel R.
    • Producing for No Exit is pretty much all wrapped up
    • Producing for showcase: working with Andrea to possibly create a program
  • SM: Ariana T.
    • Last run went well
    • Only concern is about transitioning into Taylor joining the performances; navigating conflicts
    • Met with David, working on rehearsal schedules

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba
    • Picked up name tags today—missing Alicia's; sending an email to company
    • Filled out some Orgsync event work for Footloose
    • In showcase this week—exciting!
  • VP: Erin
    • Still in France!
    • Doing 25 live training
    • Working on getting rooms for auditions—corresponding with other groups to organize that; will work on this more in depth when she returns from France
  • VPSP: Ariana
    • Showcase is happening!
    • Had showcase rehearsal yesterday and it's coming together—much less concerned now
    • Had one person drop—total of seven acts
    • Integrating tech elements
    • Thinking of having each person performing introduce themselves before their performance
    • Reading committee: a bunch of people have signed up which is great!
    • Will make a reminder post for Reading Committee
    • Working out ways by which membership can hear from directors and vote on a show
  • Treasurer: Chrissy
    • Approved several Orgsync requests
    • Waiting on reimbursements; will probably take care of that next week
    • Still working on resolving unpaid balance from Smokefall
  • Secretary: Kim
    • Received several pitches!
    • Finished updating E-Board page on website
    • Contacted other groups re: showcase promotional material
    • Made third spotlight series post on Sunday
    • Working with Footloose team

Executive Board Notes 6/18/18

Summer Show: No Exit

  • Director: David M.
    • Pretty happy with turnout so far
    • Loves seeing audience respond to show
    • Doing a run on Mondays prior to Wednesday performances has been effective
    • Preparing for cast transition (double-cast role)
  • TD: David G. 
    • Tech is doing fine
    • Gotten some nice compliments on the set from freshmen
    • Feeling overall satisfied
  • Producer: Rachel R.
    • Printed more programs
  • SM: Ariana T.
    • Going well
    • Getting lots of interest from freshmen
    • Rehearsals: mostly running problem spots
    • Working on navigating around some conflicts

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba
    • Corresponded with SAO: name tags should be taken care of and they should be on their way soon
    • Sent Kimmie information for website
    • Running soundboard tonight for No Exit rehearsal; will be running it for 7/11 performance
    • Nice to meet freshmen and potential new members through Summer Show and CGS
    • It's awesome when current Troupies bring freshmen to see the show
    • Acquired Alicia's Keys
  • VP: Erin
    • Still in France!
    • Accidentally bought peanuts instead of cashews
    • Talking with potential pitchers
  • VPSP: Ariana
    • Planning 6/27 showcase
    • Emailed Shiney James with showcase information
    • Corresponding with people participating to organize show, tech rehearsals, etc.
  • Treasurer: Chrissy
    • Figured everything out for Footloose rights: good to go
    • Also working on name tags with Alba
    • Working on Next to Normal drum rental invoice; talking with Daniel
  • Secretary: Kim
    • Made FB event for No Exit show #3
    • Talked with OB secretary, Ariel, about social media promotions for 6/27 showcase and Summer Show
    • Posted second installment in spotlight series
    • Got the F&F TD application from Alicia; put it on the website
    • Working on updating the E-Board page of the website

Executive Board Notes 6/12/18

Summer Show: No Exit

  • Director: David M.
    • First show went well and was well-attended
    • Looking ahead to working with Taylor in July
  • TD: David G.
    • First run was great!
    • Finding and solving minor problems along the way
  • Producer: Rachel R.
    • Has more things to put up in the window outside the Student Theater
  • SM: Ariana T.
    • Had the first performance! Great turnout!
    • First show went well despite being nervous
    • Had laid-back rehearsal yesterday

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba
    • Contacted other theatre groups, told them to contact Ariana with interest in 6/27 showcase
    • Lots of interest in performing songs
    • Met potential new members at first Summer Show
    • Ordered name tags
    • Resolved issue re: Footloose contract; will follow up when she hears back from SAO
    • Met with Babatunde to discuss Footloose plans; reaching out to other groups on campus
  • VP: Erin
    • Still in France!
    • Enjoying France!
    • Talked to some people about potentially pitching
  • VPSP: Ariana
    • Met lots of new potential members at Summer Show!
    • Trying to work out a way for new members to get connected
    • 6/27 showcase: getting a lot of interest to sing for showcase
    • Talked to David G. about possibly setting up a "drop-in" tech for showcase
    • Anticipating making a post for reading committee
  • Treasurer: Chrissy
    • Rights for The Nerd as well as revival performance of No Exit are completed!
    • Creating OrgSync events for both shows
    • Participating in No Exit; helping Rachel with producing
  • Secretary: Kim
    • Made Facebook events for the first two Summer Show performances
    • Made pitch deadline extension announcement
    • Started the Summer Sunday Spotlight Series
    • Got No Exit production photos from Rachel; shared on social media
    • Talked with someone about potentially pitching for the fall season
  • TA: Alicia
    • Helping with Summer Show tech
    • Updated the TD F&F application and setting a deadline; putting it on Troupe's website
    • Talked with Babatunde and Abbey about Footloose set
    • Reminder: will be leaving campus at the end of the week
    • Compiling list of things we need to restock for Troupe; will work with Chrissy

Pitch Deadline Extended

Hello Troupies! E-Board has elected to extend the deadline for pitches for the fall 2018 season. In order to expand the possibilities for the season, we are accepting pitches for Special Projects such as one-act plays and singular scenes in addition to pitches for main-stage plays!

You can find the pitch form on the Forms and Resources page of the website. Please include with your pitch form a copy of the script. A digital copy of the completed pitch must be submitted to stage@bu.edu by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, June 20th. 

Don't hesitate to contact stage@bu.edu with questions! 

Executive Board Notes 6/3/18

Summer Show: No Exit

  • Director: David M.
    • Move in went well
    • Build is coming along
    • Costumers took measurements so that is underway
    • Some issues with rehearsal attendance
  • TD: David G.
    • Moved in
    • No major issues; just some minor tweaks
    • Working on costumes and makeup
    • Focusing lights
    • Sound cues are pretty much complete
  • Producer: Rachel R.
    • Getting lots done re: Facebook promo material; sent Kim FB event cover image
    • Headshots in progress
    • Sent out bio form
    • Starting on lobby decoration
  • SM: Ariana T.
    • Going well
    • Cast is almost off-book
    • Great to have tech teams at rehearsals
    • Discussing possibility of having informal talkbacks/meet and greet in lobby after shows
    • Planning for the 6/27 showcase and panel

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba
    • Checked in on No Exit tech week and build, spoke with cast re: morale heading into first performance
    • Working on setting up 6/27 showcase; contacting other groups on campus to gauge interest in participating
    • Reopened pitches for fall season
  • VP: Erin
    • In France!
    • Talked with Ariana about rehearsal space for Summer Show; resolved some issues related to commencement weekend
    • Talking to people interested in pitching for fall season
    • Evan sent information re: booking BUSTies space
    • Will focus more at length on reserving rooms for next year when she's back in Boston
  • VPSP: Ariana
    • Summer Show: see No Exit check-in
    • Gauging interest with No Exit cast in participating in 6/27 showcase
    • Will make a post soon about showcase
    • Working with Alba to correspond with other groups re: showcase and panel
    • Wants to update the display case outside the Student Theater; will work with No Exit producers and possibly Alba
    • Got the VPSP guide from Abby
  • Treasurer: Chrissy
    • Still waiting for producer's guide
    • Still needs to submit rights request for The Nerd; going to prioritize this
    • Working on some reimbursement forms
  • Secretary: Kim
    • Updated some of Troupe's social media
    • Went to graduation, posted a senior sendoff on Troupe's media
    • Made posts re: reopening pitches for fall season
    • Working with No Exit producers to post promotional material for the show
    • No Exit Facebook event will go live tonight or tomorrow morning
    • Ideas for connecting and collaborating with other other theatre groups (on- and off-campus)
  • TA: Alicia
    • Helped with No Exit build and move-in; will be in attendance during tech week and performances as much as possible
    • Thank you to everyone helping out!
    • Process seems to be going smoothly from a tech perspective
    • Looking into opening TD applications for F&F show soon
    • Making a list of ways to improve the Space by replacing items that are frequently used, in need of repair, etc; will share the list with Chrissy to see what is doable

Pitches Reopened for Fall Season

We regret to announce that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we will not be able to produce Gloria as a main stage show during the Fall 2018 season. That said, we have reopened pitches for our upcoming season! If you are interested in pitching, please find the mainstage pitch form under "Show Proposal Forms" on the Forms and Resources page.

Please include with your completed pitch form a copy of the script. Due to the timing of this round of pitching, we will not require that you submit a hard copy of the proposal. A digital copy of your show proposal is due on June 10th by 11:59 pm to stage@bu.edu. 

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact stage@bu.edu!

Executive Board Notes 5/11/18

E-Board Check-Outs

  • Chris
    • Always put the membership first and in general, put others before you
    • Always resolve conflicts respectfully and maintain a united front 
    • More important to be wrong and admit it than to be right in the first place 
    • Listen to each other 
    • You're working on creating meaningful experiences for people 
    • Play to each other's strengths 
    • Look to what needs to get done, not just the Constitution 
    • Stage Troupe teaches you forever skills 
  • Evan
    • Got the chairs out of 700 Beacon 
    • Theater Summit was really amicable 
    • Can't predict how you will work with any given group of people so be flexible 
    • Admitting you're wrong is a good thing 
    • Proud of how the VP position grew 
  • Abby
    • You'll learn how you work in a team setting 
    • Be flexible 
    • Be ready to problem solve on the spot 
    • Learn the names of the people in the other theater groups too 
  • Andy
    • Still need Summer Show producers 
    • Try to be understanding of each other 
    • Offer to help other people 
    • Lean on other E-Board members because they know what it's like 
    • Ask for help when you need it 
  • Lucy
    • Remember to have fun 
    • Everything will get done. It'll all happen
    • Everyone else is also having the busiest week of their lives, so be nice 
    • Find your people and help each other out 
  • Caitlin
    • Know your priorities for Stage Troupe and what makes you happy about doing it 
    • Learn people's names, especially on E-Board 
    • Try new things 
    • Remember that you're a team 
    • Laugh about stuff with the other Board members
  • ric
    • irst meeting is Important
    • The group has changed a lot and has remained remarkably consistent
    • Good to be working well with other groups
  • teve
    • on't be afraid to ask for advice
    • Don't be afraid to talk to Eric and Steve. Happy to have you vent to us
    • Remember the importance of the first couple weeks of school 

Other Check-Ins:

  • Alicia
    • Space signing is Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 
    • Making up Summer Show tech list
  • Steve
    • Did binder meeting with the new Board 

Executive Board Notes 4/29/18

  • Showcase Checkout
    • Fun time
    • Good group of people
    • Nice, easy tech week
    • Having two tech teams worked

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • Chris
    • Saw Milk Milk Lemonade
    • Helped with Showcase on Friday
  • Evan
    • Also saw Milk Milk Lemonade
    • Got a list of seniors for graduation cords
    • David reached out to book rehearsal rooms
    • Going to book BUSTies room for next year on Wednesday
    • Helped with Showcase on Saturday
  • Abby
    • Had Showcase all week
    • BUSTies - feeling good
    • Painting BUSTies today
    • All decorations have arrived
    • Received all roasts
  • Andy
    • Thanks Chris and Evan for helping with house during showcase
    • Submitted contract for No Exit
    • Sent contract to SAO
    • Needs last-minute catering withdrawals thing
    • CCing Chrissy on emails
  • Lucy
    • Uploaded N2N pictures to Facebook
    • Got sweatshirts, but some of the Mediums are a little wonky, so will contact CustomInk
    • One-Act went up for Showcase
  • Caitlin
    • Thanks to everyone for helping with Space Cleaning
    • Switched broken library bookshelf with another one
    • We have a TA elect - will be meeting this week to talk
    • Were some issues with the Space this week
    • Someone messed with the ShopVac
    • Did Showcase
  • Ariana
    • Had BUSTies meeting with Andrea. Feeling pretty good about it
  • Erin
    • Worked on a play with people from WM and SS
    • Made TA decision
  • Eric
    • Shipped N2N scripts back
    • Have to figure out last meeting

Family & Friends Weekend Annoucement

We're very excited to announce our 2018 Family & Friends Weekend musical! 

Directed by Babatunde Alford
Musical Direction by James Robson
Choreography by Kim Zak

We can't wait to see the amazing things this creative team will do! We now have a completed fall season. As a reminder, the other two shows will be (in no particular order):

The Nerd
Directed by Flannery Gallagher

Directed by Ben Skross

Is it September yet??

Executive Board Notes 4/22/18

  • Special Projects Check-Ins
  • BUSTies
    • Hosts
      • On track
      • Wrote part of opening monologue
      • Took promo photos today 
    • Event Managers
      • Have an EventBrite link 
      • Will be making absentee ballots
      • Starting slide show  
  • Murder Mystery 
    • Went well
    • People had fun 
    • Good turnout 
  • Summer Show
    • Director: David
      • Had auditions. Not many people showed up but has great cast
      • Probably won't be having a June 27th show because of conflicts 
      • Planning on meeting with everyone on Saturday 
      • Will have first formal rehearsal after classes are over
      • Ben Skross is coming on as AD
  • Showcase
    • Pipe and drape went up 
    • Not many people showed up
    • Cait needs to coordinate with Abby about what's going on this week 

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Went to OBOB 
    • Went to the Transition training 
  • Evan
    • Tabled auditions on Wednesday night
    • Booked rooms 
    • Went to transition training 
    • Made post about graduation cords. Everyone has to message Evan by midnight on Thursday to get a cord 
  • Abby
    • Worked one night of Summer Show auditions 
    • Assembling NomCom
    • Showcase is happening 
    • Updating VPSP guide for Ariana 
    • Reached out to Shiney 
    • Wants to have a stress-relief study period event 
  • Andy
    • Went into SAO with Abby and ordered chicken fingers for BUSTies
    • Working on reimbursements
    • Did five-light wash for Showcase 
  • Lucy
    • Had productive FaceTime convo with Kimmie to go over Secretary Guide
    • Made FB events for Summer Show auditions and Murder Mystery
    • Will make so many FB events this week and send out reminder email
    • Went to OBOB
    • Renewed our domain and switched all the website stuff over to Kim for the big Squarespace charge
    • Went to Transition Training 
    • Worked on BUSTies host stuff
    • Wrangled a cast together for Showcase and went to Move-In
  • Caitlin
    • Asked for SM keys for Abby so someone else has keys for the week
    • Led the Showcase move-in
    • Tabled auditions for an hour 
    • Opened the Space for Wandering Minds this week 
    • Been receiving interest for Summer Show tech 
    • Getting ready to promote Space Cleaning 
  • Eric
    • Got the rights for F&F
  • Ariana
    • Working on BUSTies
    • Tabled for Summer Show auditions  

Summer Show 2018 Cast List

Here it is (we like to keep you on your toes here in Troupe)! Thank you so much to everyone who auditioned for Summer Show, No Exit! We're so happy you want to show the new freshmen what Troupe is all about. Got cast? We're really excited for you! Stay tuned for an email from David. Didn't get cast? We're sorry. Our hearts go out to you. You can still be involved in the fun process of Summer Show! We would love to hang out with you over the summer in tech and producing. If you're interested in tech for Summer Show, please email Caitlin at crf18@bu.edu. If you'd like to try your hand at producing, email Andy at moellera@bu.edu. Without further ado, here is the list: 

No Exit
Cradeau: Hugo Lindsay
Inez: Michelle Sandler/Taylor House*
Estelle: Chrissy Sardano
Bellboy: Doug Benishek/Michelle Sandler*

* denotes that the role is double-cast.



Executive Board Notes 4/15/18

  • Next to Normal
    • Director: Lara
      • Made an impact 
      • There is a piano in the 700 Beacon rehearsal room now 
      • Hard to get a sense of the spacing in little room but made it work 
      • Hopping into the Student Theater before tech week would be helpful
      • Having an experienced MD was great 
    • AD: Kendall
      • Agrees with Lara's suggestions 
      • Had a great time as Assistant Director
      • Will hopefully pitch in the future
    • MD: Daniel
      • Drum set is dealt with
      • Tech week was crazy, but musically it went really well 
      • Pit and actors knew each other's names, which was great 
      • Super happy with how it went 
      • You need floor mics 
    • SM: Lena
      • Thankful that she was able to SM One-Acts before this 
      • Everything they ran into ended up working out 
    • TD: Alicia
      • Overall, the process was a positive one
      • Truly happy with how all the departments worked 
      • Highly recommend constant emails 
      • Sam really stepped up as ATD 
      • Everyone should be proud of the production
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Hectic, but a lot of fun
      • Everything went well 
      • The show was under budget
      • Ticket sales went really well-- sold out two nights 

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Gave a pep talk to N2N
  • Evan
    • Guest directed N2N
    • Booked some rooms
  • Abby
    • Worked on N2N
    • Summer Show auditions are this week 
    • Murder Mystery is happening on Friday
    • Showcase is happening 
    • Going to send out NomCom email tonight 
    • Little worried about lack of roasts in so far 
  • Andy
    • Had productive meeting with Chrissy this week
    • Helped out N2N this week with producers 
    • Congrats to all producers of the entire semester 
    • Need to update Treasurer and Producer guides 
    • Needs BUSTies stuff from Abby 
  • Lucy
    • Made Summer Show audition FB page
    • Promoted N2N
    • Will make Murder Mystery event, like now
    •  Saw Shakespeare Society show 
    • Went to BUSTies meeting today 
    • Need to swap over our domain to Squarespace. Website shouldn't go down, but will try to do that in the middle of the night just in case 
    • Did some housekeeping in Google Drive and email 
  • Caitlin
    • Made invoices 
    • Sent email to Showcase acts 
    • Sent out TD recaps this semester 
    • Lara donated a floor mic 
    • Has TA apps 
  • Ariana
    • Sent SAAD stuff to Steve 

Summer Show 2018

We are very excited to announce that we have a Summer Show for 2018! Auditions for the show will be held April 18 and 19 from 6-9 PM in 700 Beacon St. Room to be announced. If you're in Boston this summer, Summer Show is a great way to stay involved in theater and introduce the next generation of Troupies to our fabulous group! Like all shows, Summer Show also needs a tech crew and producers, so heads up if you are interested in that as well. Without further ado, Summer Show 2018 will be *drum roll*:

No Exit
Directed by David Murauskas


Executive Board Notes 4/8/18

  • Next to Normal
    • Director: Lara
      • Having a ball 
      • Got a lot done this week 
      • Had a great run on Friday and in a really good place 
    • AD: Kendall
      • Going really well
    • MD: Daniel
      • Sitzprobe went really well
      • Drums were delivered today 
      • Going to set up keyboard area for run tonight 
    • SM: Lena
      • Set call times for every night and a leaving time
      • Transition of power going smoothly
      • Excited for this week
    • TD: Alicia
      • Move-in happened. It was super efficient 
      • Doing small touches to the set since 12:30
      • Lights are being prepared for tonight 
      • Every department is coming together 
      • Possible scheduling conflict with OBOB but it was resolved 
      • Conflicts need to be made aware immediately 
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Collected receipts all day 
      • Got a video out today 
      • Have more promo scheduled for the rest of the week 

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Helped with N2N build
  • Evan
    • Met with Erin and talked over the position 
    • Want to work on getting chairs out of 700 Beacon 
    • Going to make announcement about cords for graduation 
  • Abby
    • Had a BUSTies meeting with event managers
    • SAAD committee happened 
    • Showcase is happening 
    • Erin and Maggie's Check-in
      • Finalizing people to participate 
      • Working on rooms 
      • Will finish script by Tuesday
    • Met with Shiney James about Summer Show 
    • Thanks Lucy for getting ist of dues-paying members
  • Andy
    • Was in Heathers so busy week
    • Fixing the N2N Eventbrite
    • Meeting with Chrissy this week 
    • Will be helping N2N producers this week 
  • Lucy
    • Created N2N Facebook event 
    • Published sweatshirt order form
    • Updated secretary guide and sent to Kim
    • Was on N2N build 
    • Uploaded Jane the Plain and Smokefall photos to Facebook
    • Updated website for Next to Normal
    • Got list of seniors from Eventbrite for Abby 
  • Caitlin
    • Gave out LD and TD keys 
    • Retrieved SM keys 
    • Hard to have two non-Troupe shows happening at the same time 
    • Talked to Abby about Showcase 
    • Gave the division of power talk to the creative team 
    • Brought SAO-sponsored candy today 
    • Need to replace a blade in the Space 

Executive Board Notes 4/1/18

Show Check-Ins

  • Smokefall
    • Director: Conner
      • It went so well! 
      • Nuts on Sunday, but everything went really smoothly
      • Super happy 
      • Communication from the beginning was really helpful in pulling off this show 
      • Having rehearsals in one space was nice for cohesiveness 
    • TD: David 
      • Happy with how the week went 
      • Water and tree were two proudest accomplishments 
      • Strike went well. Shoutout to everyone
      • Big shoutouts to Andy and Liz 
      • Cam was awesome
      • Don't be afraid to think outside of the box 
    • SM: Andrea
      • Tech week went smoothly. Started late most nights but everyone got into the swing of things
      • Show nights went very well
      • ASMs got to call an act of the show on Friday
      • Happy with how everything went 
    • Producer: Zach
      • Will send in check out ASAP, recovering after track weekend
  • Next to Normal
    • Director: Lara
      • Things are going well 
      • Doing full runs this week 
      • In a really good place going into pre-tech week 
      • Cast sounds beautiful 
      • A few people from tech came to rehearsal this week 
    • MD: Daniel
      • Doing runs 
      • Drumset is still set for delivery 
      • Changed sitzprobe time 
    • TD: Alicia 
      • Feeling very good about build week
      • Readjusting to figure out movement of set pieces 
      • Met with all departments this past week
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Getting tech head shots this week 
      • Getting ready for the promo to launch this week
      • Whole producing team has their jobs for programs and shirts

        E-Board Check-Ins
  • Chris
    • Dealt with some reshuffling of tech crews 
    • Had Smokefall
  • Evan 
    • Helped out with ushering on Saturday night for Smokefall
    • Unlocked the Space
  • Abby
    • Assembled SAAD Committee
    • Sent out roasts email
    • Will be meeting with Shiney James about Summer Show
    • Helped Lucy with COMBAT ESA questions 
    • Need to talk to Caitlin about showcase tech 
  • Andy
    • Guesstimate for Charity Show is at least $3000 raised 
    • LD'ed this week 
    • Meeting with Chrissy after Heathers is done 
    • Helped collect dues at the GM this week 
    • Facilities people in the Theater are so nice. Should send them a thank-you note
  • Lucy
    • Filled out three ESA applications 
    • Promoted Smokefall
    • Sent GM recap email
  • Caitlin
    • Got keys back from Andy and David 
    • Wood order issue with N2N 
    • Opened the Space a lot this week 
    • Assistant stepped up a lot for Smokefall
    • Super need a Space Cleaning and dumpster is reserved
    • Needs to talk to Abby about Showcase 

GM #4 Recap

🌟🌟🌟Happy Post-Troupe Sunday! 🌟🌟🌟

Hey, it's me. Hope everyone recovered from spending 13 hours in the theater yesterday. Truly, what a day it was! If you missed the meeting, be sure to read on for some exciting information. E-Board 2018-2019
You won't have to put up with my shenanigans or long email signoffs much longer, because we have an all new E-Board! We are so excited to see a stunning group of leaders become next year's SHEboard!! We can't wait to see where you take the group in the future. 

Alba Romero

Vice President
Erin Callahan

Vice President of Special Projects
Ariana Tortolani

Chrissy Sardano

Kim Zak

We have a show coming up this week! Buy your tickets to see Smokefall before they sell out! The show is this Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8 PM in the Student Theater. Tickets are available at troupesmoke.eventbrite.com

Summer Show pitches
If you are going to be in Boston over the summer and want to stay involved with theater, you can pitch Summer Show! That event is held in conjunction with University Orientation throughout the summer and it's a really great way to introduce Troupe to the next generation. The pitch form for Summer Show can be found on the Troupe website under "Forms & Resources!" The pitch form and a copy of the script is due both by email to stage@bu.edu and in an envelope marked "Attn: Eric Jacobsen" delivered to MCS B17 by Friday, March 30 at 4 PM. Let anyone on E-Board know if you have questions or need help picking a show to pitch! 

Family & Friends Weekend Pitches
We have re-opened pitches for our F&F Weekend show! Pitches are now due on April 2nd at 4 PM in both paper to Eric Jacobsen in MCS B17 and email form to stage@bu.edu! To help you out, E-Board has also compiled a list of tips and show suggestions for pitching F&F on our website under Forms and Resources>Guides.  Let us know if you have any further questions! 

TA Application
Our Executive Board is not complete without a Technical Advisor! This position is selected differently than the other E-Board positions. The application has been posted in the Facebook group and will be available on the Troupe website shortly. These applications are due by email to crf18@bu.edu on April 15 at 5 PM! Let the current TA, Caitlin, know if you have any questions about the position. 

SAAD Committee
A message from your current VPSP: 

"With the election of our new board, (congrats to all who were elected and the biggest thanks to everyone who ran!!) it is time to start thinking about the end of the semester, and for the seniors, the end of our time at BU and in Stage Troupe. But before us seniors are nothing more than names on the walls of the space, it is up to the non-seniors to help honor some of us who are graduating!

If you're interested in being a part of the SAAD (*saad*) Committee for this year's BUSTies, please email me at abbyk@bu.edu by Friday. To be a part of this committee, you must be a dues-paying, non-senior member of Troupe.

What is this SAAD award that you have heard so much about, whether in normal conversation or echoed whispers? Here's the basic info: The Senior Awards for Achievement and Dedication, named after former Student Group Advisor Leila Saad, are presented to two graduating seniors who best embody Leila’s energy and passion for Stage Troupe. The SAAD awards are presented by the Student Group Advisors during BUSTies to the persons they feel are most deserving of the award. The SAAD Nominating Committee must consist of 5-10 non-senior members of Stage Troupe, and is responsible for selecting from amongst the membership those most deserving of the Senior Awards for Achievement and Dedication.

Please let me know if you would like to be a part of this awesome committee! It is always a really rewarding thing to do, and you would get to hang out with VPSP-elect Ariana Tortolani!! Also let me know if you have any questions!!!"

I will see most of you at some point this week, hopefully. Stay cool and come see Smokefall!

Executive Board Notes 3/25/18

Show Check-Ins

  • Smokefall
    • Director: Conner
      • Moved in set and it looks great
      • Did paper tech with sound 
      • Someone is coming in to make a promo video tonight 
      • Squeezing in run tonight after GM 
    • SM: Andrea
      • Had last full run and lines are good 
      • Excited for this week
      • Paper tech with lights tomorrow
    • TD: David
      • Got keys from Cait
      • Move-in went very smoothly 
      • Big snaps to Andy and James for coming in to do lights 
      • Majority of elements will be in place for run tonight
    • Producer: Zach
      • Got many lamps for the lobby
      • Did link signups
      • Going to print out programs tomorrow
  • Next to Normal
    • Director: Lara
      • Everything is going well
      • Cast is so determined and great 
      • Blocking is all done 
    • AD: Kendall
    • MD: Daniel
      • Had two rehearsal with the pit 
      • Act 2 run through went really well 
      • Cast is great. Had optional rehearsal and they all showed up 
      • Invoice for drums will be emailed 
    • SM: Lena
      • Hard off book was great 
      • Photoshoot went well 
      • Some tech coming into rehearsal this week 
    • TD: Alicia
      • Going to do department meetings this  week 
      • Trying to get mics from SPS. We'll see what happens with that 
      • Things are moving 
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Did the headshots and it went really well 
      • Shirts and posters are in 
      • Have a Snapchat 
      • Wood order is in. Set to be delivered on March 30 
      • Getting cast and crew to sign up and fundraise for charity walk 
      • Amazon order date has passed
  • Maggie and Erin
    • Have concept, plot and characters for 700 Beacon Murder Mystery 
    • Going to have script for the first skit then cards for the rest of the evening 
    • Have a wild cast of characters
  • Esiri
    • Friend is helping with Smokefall sound design. Wants him to get credit in the program

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Met with a few people running for president 
    • Working on Smokefall
  • Evan
    • Booked a link table for Smokefall producing
    • Saw Little Shop
  • Abby
    • Getting stuff together for Showcase 
    • Pitches are open for Summer Show
    • Sending out roast email tonight
    • Lost name tag, but it was found! 
  • Andy
    • Gave camera to Hannah and Paulina for N2N 
    • Light designer for Smokefall
    • Asked Evan about link tables
  • Lucy
    • Made GM Facebook event
    • Sent out recap email from the last GM 
    • Talked to secretary candidate 
    • Promoting Smokefall
    • Shared nice articles 
    • Agreed to do a play for showcase 
  • Caitlin
    • Gave keys to Andy and David
    • Opened the Space a lot for people this week
    • Charity group is using the chalkboards again 
    • Had build week this week. New screws were nice to have 
    • LD for Smokefall had to drop so worked with David to figure it out 
    • Have one TA application in 
    • Thinking very minimal tech for Showcase 

Family & Friends Weekend Pitch Deadline Extended

We have re-opened show pitches for the Fall 2018 Family & Friends Weekend show! The pitches will be due by MondayApril 2 at 4 PM. You will need to turn in a copy of the script and a completed pitch form (located on the Forms & Resources page of the website) in an envelope marked "Attn: Eric Jacobsen" to MCS B17 and send them in an email to stage@bu.edu. Both copies must be submitted on time for your pitch to count! 

To try and make this process a bit easier for everyone, E-Board has compiled a list of show suggestions and things to consider when pitching an F&F show. That list can be found on the Forms & Resources page under Guides> "F&F Pitch Guide." While we hope this is helpful for everyone, the list is not meant to be limiting. It is just supposed to give you an idea of what could work! We will be considering pitches that are not included in this list and a show from this list is not guaranteed to be chosen.  

If you have any questions about pitching, please feel free to contact any member of E-Board or email stage@bu.edu! Happy pitching! 

GM #3 Recap

It was an exciting meeting! There's a lot to cover, so read on:

E-Board Nominations
We are so happy to announce the nominations for next year's Executive Board! It's so heartening to see such a great group of leaders step up to run for a position on Board. Elections will be held at the General Meeting next Sunday, March 25! It is highly, highly encouraged if you are running for an E-Board position that you chat with the current person in the position. 

Esiri Madagwa Jr
Alba Romero
Michelle Sandler

Vice President
Erin Callahan
Kevin Lorch

Vice President of Special Projects
Brian Rollins
Ariana Tortolani

Chrissy Sardano

Kim Zak

Fall 2018 Season
We are so thrilled to announce the main stage productions for the Fall 2018 season! We can't wait to see these visions come to life.

The Nerd
Directed by Flannery Gallagher

Directed by Ben Skross

We have a sweatshirt! The purchase link will go up soon, so stay on the lookout for that. 

Showcase and Summer Show pitches
Still have an urge to direct? There are two more opportunities to pitch coming up in the next few weeks. Pitches for the Spring Showcase (similar to One Acts, but even more lowkey) are due Thursday, March 22! To pitch, just shoot an email over to abbyk@bu.edu with your idea. 

If you are going to be in Boston over the summer and want to stay involved with theater, you can pitch Summer Show! That event is held in conjunction with University Orientation throughout the summer and it's a really great way to introduce Troupe to the next generation. The pitch form for Summer Show can be found on the Troupe website under "Forms & Resources!" The pitch form and a copy of the script is due both by email to stage@bu.edu and in an envelope marked "Attn: Eric Jacobsen" delivered to MCS B17 by Friday, March 30 at 4 PM. Let anyone on E-Board know if you have questions or need help picking a show to pitch! 

TA Application
Our Executive Board is not complete without a Technical Advisor! This position is selected differently than the other E-Board positions. The application has been posted in the Facebook group and will be available on the Troupe website shortly. These applications are due by email to crf18@bu.edu on April 15 at 5 PM! Let the current TA, Caitlin, know if you have any questions about the position. 

BUSTies Hosts and Event Managers
What have we done? Honestly, it is with great trepidation that I announce the hosts of this year's BUSTies will be none other than Chris Remillard, Lucy Gamades (lol), and Harrison Richmond! Just kidding, we're really excited for round two and hope you are too. 

The more exciting news is that our very own Ariana Tortolani and Andrea Roman will be event managing BUSTies! They are sure to keep our shenanigans in check and we are very grateful to have them. 

We have another general meeting coming up this next Sunday, so stay tuned for that email and Facebook event! We'll be electing our '18-'19 Board at that meeting (!!!). 

In the meantime, keep truckin' on! Let's hope we either get another snow day this week or it starts to warm up, because I don't want this cold anymore.