Executive Board

Executive Board Minutes 9/1/19

Show Check Ins

Mamma Mia!

  • Directors: Maggie S and Erin M

    • Feeling ready to go

    • Blocked/choreographed whole show

    • Had big productive meeting today

    • MD Aiden has a full pit

    • Looking into acquiring prerecorded tracks that weren’t part of the initial contract

    • Wondering if it’s possible to have as many rehearsals in the Student Theater as possible 

Five Women Wearing the Same Dress

  • Director: Miranda M

    • No check in at present time

Crimes of the Heart

  • Director: Doran K

    • First full creative team meeting planned

    • Blocked the whole show

    • Picked audition and callback sides

    • A lot of scheduling stuff figured out 

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Got email from SAO that Engage is working

    • Still working on name tags

    • Sent version of current casting procedures to all BU Theatre presidents to work out casting

    • Emailing with Crystal re: SAO and Student

    • Meeting with Shiney on Wednesday

    • Joined Haunted House committee

  • VP: Siena

    • Plugged Troupe to FYSOP first years!

    • All requested rooms have been confirmed

    • Getting organized for the year

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Made graphics for COMBAT and revival show

    • Haunted house committee all set

    • Mamma Mia watch party is happening (10/12 4-10pm), messaged Erin and Maggie about possible cast performance and opening it up to other groups as well

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Dues and revival show Eventbrite links are live; both are working and people are buying

    • Submitted warren poster reservation— denied for friends and family (one of the new changes this semester is that there are only 4 Warren poster openings)- submitted a new one week reservation

    • Will be talking to Shiney about Friends and Family weekend to see if we can have the same GSU poster setup that we did for Footloose

    • Looked at the Almost Maine contract and ensured it is payment by performance

    • Talked with Devon about having two comp tickets for use on either of the fall mainstages to be given away at the social

    • Have two amazingly wonderful head producers for the mainstages

    • Going to announce assistant producing apps tomorrow and make the deadline after auditions

    • Creating a group chat for all the producing heads and I to communicate for general questions or problems that come up that may help other producing teams

    • Got WWN forms from Zach and made budgets— sending out to producers after they are announced

    • Will be updating the producer guide with the new Engage format on a rolling basis

    • Posted in the FB group to ask if there are any outstanding reimbursements that people haven’t gotten checks for yet

    • Meeting with entire Mamma Mia producing team on 9/8

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Sent email to Shiney re: Almost Maine

    • Finished up with spotlights- did a special BU theatre spotlight today

    • Made and posted fall semester cover photo

    • Received splash and revival show graphics from Devon to use for promo

    • Making revival show FB event tomorrow

    • Sent welcome back email to membership- included revival show and dues Eventbrites

    • Going to send fall directors an email tomorrow

    • Updated calendar on website with events and graphics

    • Made flyer for splash

    • Sent GM 1 presentation template to eboard, going to share with directors as well

    • Thinking about possibly organizing a revival show Instagram takeover

    • Making audition forms this week

    • Gave Kim the VP keys to give to Siena

  • TA: Zach

    • Was extremely busy with FYSOP this week (talked up Troupe to first years!)


Executive Board Minutes 8/19/19

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Wrote back to CFA student inquiring about Student Theater usage

    • Finalized GM times with the other BU Theatre groups

    • Going to start working on the casting process with the other groups soon

  • VP: Siena

    • Booked the eboard meeting room for the fall semester

    • Got the Noises Off recording from Kendall

    • Upon returning, going to get the hard drive from Devon and the keys from Abbey

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Planned and finalized special project dates; lots of ideas for new events!

    • Finalized the details from the Ice Cream Social, possibly thinking about holding a raffle for a free show ticket?

    • Got a bunch of responses re: the Haunted House, going to start a planning committee once the semester begins

    • COMBAT details are all set

    • Still looking at solutions for One Acts (new date, new space, etc)

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Sent out the mainstage producer application

    • Getting the last of the production videos

    • Approved for both mainstage rights! Going to make sure the payment goes through

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Emailed Dot from BU Arts Initiative- since the Arts Fair is the day before Splash, they have decided to omit student groups this year

    • Made a new production recording spreadsheet from the Troupe account- it is up to date with all the recordings we have received, waiting on a few more

    • Met with Devon to design a fall semester cover photo- should be posted tomorrow

    • Finished making graphics for many of the fall events

    • Made the GM 1 Presentation template, planning on sharing that with the rest of eboard tonight

    • Started drafting an email to fall directors with the goal of sending it out by next Tuesday

  • TA: Zach

    • Reached out to other BU Theatre TAs

    • Decided on a date for the tech meeting- 9/15 right before the Ice Cream Social

    • Reached out to fall directors to ask them to act in Techstravaganza and complied a list of techies to reach out to


Executive Board Minutes 8/12/19

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Talking with other BU Theatre presidents re: GM times, joint holding rooms, et

  • VP: Siena

    • Booked rooms for auditions, callbacks, and COMBAT

    • Needs to book eboard room for the fall

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Sent email to point people for COMBAT

    • Making a COMBAT graphic for the future Facebook event

    • Posting survey re: past special projects to the Facebook group

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Announced F&F producing team

    • Updated producer’s guide

    • Applied for mainstage rights- got Five Women Wearing the Same Dress, still waiting on Crimes of the Heart

    • Mamma Mia materials arrived- thanks to Jen and Robert for picking them up!

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Continues posting Spotlights

    • Ran into some trouble re: updating the video spreadsheet, going to find out who created it and request access

    • Designing cover photos and graphics

  • TA: Zach

    • Drafted email for BU Theatre TAs

    • Talked to Sam re: meeting with Tsai

    • New sound board- she’s beautiful!!


Executive Board Minutes 8/4/19

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Still waiting on name tags

    • Great meeting with Siena this week

    • Corresponding with other BU Theatre presidents- plans on a joint GM room and . a joint holding room for auditions/callbacks

    • Assembling BU Theatre contact sheet

  • VP: Siena

    • Great meeting with Kim this week

    • Booked audition and callback rooms

    • Also booked rehearsal room for COMBAT

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Emailed point people for groups participating in COMBAT

    • Going to post paper copies of COMBAT schedules along with theater and PSace access

    • Continued working on finding alternate spaces and or times for One Acts

    • Plans to reach out about a Mamma, Mia watch party soon

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Going to submit mainstage rights

    • Announcing F&F producers today along with posting the application for mainstage producers

    • Checking in with SABO re: payment for rights

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Started summer/fall director spotlights

    • Updated calendar with drafts for upcoming events (waiting to add some graphics and more info)

    • Still waiting on some production videos, but plans to begin uploading this week

  • TA: Zach

    • Received all Wish Want Need lists from directors

    • Reached out to all fall TDs and SMs

    • Planning a meeting once the start of the semester gets closer

    • Getting the new sound board from Tsai on Tuesday


Executive Board Minutes 7/28/19

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • In correspondence with fall directors

    • Helping Erin and Maggie re: an ASL interpreter for Mamma, Mia

    • Touching base with Siena re: Engage

    • Figuring out name tags

  • VP: Siena

    • Did 25 Live training

    • Excited to start booking rooms

    • Getting videos from past shows and put them on a hard drive

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Emailing about COMBAT

    • Sending out a survey in August re: special projects

    • Brainstorming ideas for the ice cream social and a potential Mamma, Mia viewing party

    • Looking into potential new venues for One Acts in case the Student Theater isn’t available

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Have F&F producers! Confident in the team

    • Holding off on mainstage producers apps for a bit

    • Going to check accounts and submit mainstage rights payments

    • Looking into purchasing video equipment and a new lighting board

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Continuing with Spotlight Sunday posts

    • Received the F&F Tsai reservation

    • Starting preliminary designs for fall graphics

    • Sent email to summer and fall directors re: their spotlights

    • Been receiving production videos, planning on uploading them to the Troupe YouTube and updating the video spreadsheet

  • TA: Zach

    • Received most Wish Want Need lists from fall directors

    • Corresponding with someone re: an SM guide and with Eric re: the sound board from Tsai

    • Have F&F TD and SM- mainstage TD and SM forms will be closing soon

    • Met with Sam re: safety training and Mamma, Mia set design

    • Assistant TD and SM apps will be released once the semester begins


Executive Board Minutes 6/28/19

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Met with Chrissy and Doug re: Tsai reservation proposal

    • Name tag order on hold

  • VP: Siena

    • Working on Assassins show recording with Rachel

    • Created list of rooms to book in preparation

  • VPSP: Devon

    • No check in at present time

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Working on contacting producers from past season

    • Sending out fall producer apps this weekend

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Gathering the info and posting Spotlight Sunday’s

    • In correspondence with some alumni from the 2009 production of Almost, Maine, trying to get some photos

    • Sent the statement of expectations form to Zach and Jen

    • Drafting up a summer email template

  • TA: Zach

    • Sent out wish/want/need email to fall directors

    • Checked in with Devon re: COMBAT

    • Sent out TD and SM forms

    • Got a new costume rack!

Executive Board Minutes 6/2/19

Show Check Ins:

Almost, Maine

  • Director: Natalie A

    • So so proud of the actors

    • Have a few tech thing to work out but not worried

    • Everyone is hard off book and our first dress rehearsal is tomorrow

  • TD: Harrison R

    • It was tech week so we were doing a lot

    • Finished painting the set, getting all the props

    • Chris Dew really took the reigns with lighting and he did an amazing job!

    • We had tech runs and most things went smoothly

  • SM: Zach L/Jen M

    • Got to hard off book and started full runs

    • Actors are doing a great job

    • Actors also developed a system for carrying things on and off during scene transitions but would be super helpful to have some tech to help out

  • Producer: Devon M

    • Chrissy is heading lobby decorating and will be doing this on Tuesday

    • Katie and Michelle are heading photos

    • At least one producer will be present at every performance to make the pre-show announcement

    • Would like to have a mailing list signup sheet in the lobby

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Went to SAO to work out putting the domain renewal on an SAO credit card

    • Inquired about when Engage going live- still waiting

    • Sent out a doodle poll for one on one e-board member meetings

    • Emailed SAO about name tags

  • VP: Siena

    • Still waiting on access to Engage to start booking rooms

    • Would like to book audition, callbacks, and e-board meeting rooms ASAP

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Heard back from Shiney James and provided her with a show description/info for Almost, Maine

    • Set date for COMBAT: Saturday, September 28, confirmed OB will be participating, still waiting to hear from other group

    • Thinking about putting out a small survey asking the membership’s thoughts on past events and any ideas they have about future events

    • The check from The Burials was mailed to Everytown

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Coordinated with Devon and producers on tackling Almost, Maine tech week

    • Worked with Natalie re: Almost, Maine soundtrack

    • Worked on Ben’s pay statement for Assassins

    • Spoke with members about show recordings- looking into the status of these being uploaded

    • Wants to coordinate a time to decorate the shadow box with eboard and cast of Almost, Maine

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Changed the passwords for the social media accounts

    • Uploaded the updated constitution on the website

    • Sent an email to fall directors re: show information for the website

    • Drafting a summer spotlight email

    • Planning in reaching out to e-board re: their info fo the e-board page on the website

    • Need to reach out to Devon about the Almost, Maine Facebook event

  • TA: Zach

    • Helped with move in for Almost, Maine

    • Gave Chris the keys

    • Planning on reaching out to fall directors sometime soon

    • Promoted Troupe at FYCO training!

Executive Board Minutes 5/26/19

Show Check Ins:

Almost Maine

  • Director: Natalie A

    • Each scene has been rehearsed 3 times

    • Actors are beginning to learn their lines

    • Had cast bonding dinner at Robert’s

    • Very excited for the weeks to come!

  • TD: Harrison R

    • Sent out department messages

    • Found times for each department to go to the Space

    • Had meeting re: set design w/ Zach, Cam, Natalie, and James

    • Build Week coming up, will post about dates and times

  • SM: Jen M/Zach L

    • Being co SMs has been great!

    • Jen worked on rehearsal schedules and conflicts

    • Working on an email to send to the cast

  • Producer: Devon M

    • Talked to Chrissy about summer show specifics

    • Talked to Natalie about orientation and setting up email list; having actors/eboard members come out after shows. Q&A, tours

    • Focusing on photos, lobby decorating; dividing up between assistants

    • Planning to do electronic playbills

Eboard Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Talked to Siena and Doran about show order, Miranda preferred the earlier slot so Five Women Wearing the Same Dress will be November 7-9 and Crimes of the Heart December  5-7

    • Figuring out how to order name tags

  • VP: Siena

    • Waiting on the VP guide from Erin

    • Wants to start booking rooms once the new system is in place

  • VPSP: Devon

    • For summer show, emailed Shiney James re: show dates and times, going to follow up

    • Met w/ Erin to pick up hard drives with this last year’s shows on them

    • Got 2018-2019 actor contracts from Erin- idea of scanning them to store them in the Stage drive

    • Met w/ Ariana re: VSPS stuff

    • Plans to reach out to other groups re: COMBAT and the 700 Beacon haunted house idea

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Made google forms for summer show producers and assigned summer show producers

    • Received the check w/ the proceeds for Everytown

    • Going to post in the FB page about remaining reimbursements

    • Talked to Linda from SAO re: Ben getting paid for Assassins

    • Payment set for Mamma Mia!, going to double check for Almost Maine

    • Settled remaining reimbursements; new deadline for submitting is 5/31

    • Funds transfers for the year all set

    • Met w/ John from Sabo re: problems w/ reimbursements and making purchases

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Made admin of the FB page today

    • Planning posting schedule for Spotlight Sundays, want to send an email about that to Steve, eboard members, and directors this week

    • Getting all the passwords from Kim tomorrow

    • Planning to start updating the website

  • TA: Zach

    • Unlocked the Space so seniors could sign

    • Tech for summer show going well!

    • Going to start working on TD and SM forms for F&F

    • Plans to reach out to fall directors about their Wish, Wants, Needs list

    • Looking into getting a new saw for the Space

    • Eric received an email from Tsai saying they have a sound board available for us for free; going to look more into this

    • Alicia received an email from Allison Parker re: an SM guide; she’s going to work on it and send it, then will forward to Abbey

  • Student Group Advisor: Steve

    • Constitution was missing a required statement, needs to be added to article 3 and updated in constitution on the website


Executive Board Minutes 5/3/19

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • BU Theater Summit is Sunday at 10 AM

  • VP: Erin

    • Book next year’s BUSTies room

    • Met with Siena to go over VP guide

    • Grad cords are in

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • BUSTies went well—big shout out to planning team

    • Talked to Natalie re: Summer Show

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • F&F rights secured

    • Lots of meetings with SAO today to prepare for next year

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Met with Abbey to go through secretary guide

    • Will be renewing the website domain and sending receipt for reimbursement

  • TA: Alicia

    • Updating TA guide and TD guide

    • Lights workshop on Sunday 12-3 PM

E-Board Check-Outs:

  • President: Alba

    • Working together isn’t always easy, but you’ll still have a good time

    • Being in this leadership position is a privilege and people do look up to you

    • Rely on each other and support each other

  • VP: Erin

    • It’ll be tough, but it will be fun!

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Plan as much as you can, even if you don’t think you have to

    • Reach out for help; it’s okay if you need support

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Always remember that general members look to board for guidance; E-Board represents the organization. We’re here to solve problems and maintain a good community

  • Secretary: Kim

    • An excess of communication is always better than a lack of communication

    • You will have disagreements and conflicts, but at the end of the day this is your team and you have each other’s backs

  • TA: Alicia

    • You are a team with the same goal of making Troupe a better community for everyone involved

    • It’s much easier to get things done when you all support each other, even when you don’t all necessarily agree

Executive Board Minutes 4/28/19

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Went to showcase yesterday and Space cleaning today

    • ESAs, GM #4, and BUSTies painting later today

    • Helped with Almost, Maine auditions

  • VP: Erin

    • Went to transition training

    • Meeting with Siena this week to talk about VP position and book next year’s BUSTies room

    • Attended Space cleaning

    • Went to Showcase

    • Returned the Assassins guns

    • Ordered graduation chords

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Ran showcase this week; having it in CAS 522 worked really well

    • Ran auditions for Summer Show this week and gave Natalie some advice for the start of the process

    • Ballots for BUSTies voting are ready

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • No check-in

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Made and sent out Summer Show audition form

    • Made lots of Facebook events

    • Sent email reminder for everything happening this week

    • Edited the secretary guide and sent it to Abbey

    • Asked Chrissy to share the producer’s guide

    • Attended transition training

    • Went to Space cleaning

  • TA: Alicia

    • Space cleaning went really quickly

    • Spent out Assassins feedback forms; getting responses

    • Painted the stage

    • Planning the lights workshop

Executive Board Minutes 4/7/19

Show Check-Ins:

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • Finished reviewing the whole show

    • Refined scene 16

    • Had a rehearsal on Wednesday to refine all scene transitions; Maya did a great job of taking notes

    • Erin brought in prop guns for the first time on Wednesday; gave a talk on prop gun safety and responsibility during rehearsals and performances

    • Had a conversation about sensitive themes in the show, including race, gun violence, and mental illness

    • Sitzprobe happened on Saturday

  • MD: Doug B.

    • Sitzprobe went okay; sending notes to the pit so they can improve

  • TD: Erin C.

    • All of the guns have been acquired

    • We have 19 pallets so far

    • Props team moved everything props-related from Myles to the Student Theater

    • Made some recordings for sound

    • Schedule for tech week and move in is set up

    • Build starts tomorrow

    • Held department meetings

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Helped facilitate scene transitions rehearsal

    • Went to sitzprobe—lots of fun

  • Producers: Chynna B. and Rachel R.

    • Warren poster is set to go up tomorrow

    • Social media promo going live today

    • Secured BU Today close up for tech week

    • Working on digital poster for GSU

    • Made it to rehearsal last week; will be back again this week for footage

    • Hoping to schedule a time to do tech headshots

    • POs are good to go at the moment

    SM: Abbey M.

    • Sat in the booth with Matt during Noises Off to watch him call the show

    • Love the ASMs Maya and Natalie!

    • Went to sitzprobe this weekend

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • At Noises Off all week

    • Painted the stage today

    • Check at SAO to be picked up

    • Coordinating with other groups’ presidents to arrange summit

  • VP: Erin

    • Went to Noises Off—big shout out to Noises Off; so impressed!

    • Sent out BUSTies information

    • Vacuum arrived and works!

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Saw Noises Off

    • Met with Chrissy to discuss budget for BUSTies and finances from BUT Formal; planning to meet with WM and BUSS

    • Met with Devon for BUSTies planning and VPSP information

    • Held a BUSTies team meeting today; super productive; will cross-reference with budget

    • Filling out event forms on OrgSync for BUSTies

    • Communicating with prospective Summer Show director

    • Put up a poll to gauge Showcase preferences

    • Sam needs to get into the Space to look for table centerpieces—will message Alicia

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • No check-in

  • Secretary: Kim

    • LOTS of social media promo for Noises Off; collaborated a lot with Kendall

    • Saw Noises Off—it was so fantastic!

    • Only a few emails re: Noises Off ticket sales

    • Communicated with F&F pitch teams and with prospective Summer Show director

  • TA: Alicia

    • Continuously having issues with the saw; might be more cost-effective to invest in a new one altogether

    • Bought a lot of new hardware in the last week

    • Got lots of pallets for Assassins; will be getting work gloves for everyone to avoid splinters during build

    • Worked a lot with Katie and Matt during Noises Off; enjoyed working more closely with Matt as the SM this week

    • Communicated with OB about Space usage

    • Active Minds reached out about using the chalkboards

    • Putting up TA application this week

    • Received all feedback forms from The Burials; will send forms to Noises Off this week

Executive Board Minutes 3/31/19

Show Check-Ins:

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • Currently at move-in

  • ADs: Siena G. and Emilee M.

    • Move-in went well; huge thank you to all who helped

    • Will work with Katie and Jake to ensure that Alex can safely fall down the stairs each time during the show

    • Looking forward to a tiring but rewarding week! Get your tickets!

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Currently at move-in

  • ASM: Nhi N.

    • Move-in today

    • Actors needed a break; cancelled Friday rehearsal and shortened other rehearsals last week

    • Cast seems to be in good health

  • Producer: Kendall G.

    • Happy birthday, Kim!

    • Creating an interactive website in place of a program—very excited

    • Warren poster goes up tomorrow

    • Started on lobby decoration

    • Took tech headshots 

    • Having a little trouble with the Eventbrite link

    • Reporter from the FreeP coming on Tuesday or Wednesday of tech week

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • Had the photoshoot this weekend

    • Hopefully incorporating tech soon

  • AD: Mandy R.

    • Feeling really confident about status of the show; a few scenes need more time but everyone is doing great to work on it

    • Received very detail and thoughtful character studies

  • TD: Erin C.

    • Got more pallets with Chris, Alicia, and Jake

    • Costumes pulled a bunch of pieces before photoshoot

    • Costumes, hair & makeup worked on the photoshoot

    • Hoping to get some tech team members into the rehearsal room over the next two weeks

    • Meeting with James on Tuesday to talk about tech

    • Hoping to get the guns into rehearsals starting Tuesday

    • Got some more POs in, ordered more props

    • Made a few sound recordings with cast

  • SM: Abbey M.

    • Planned out remainder of rehearsal schedule; finalized conflicts

    • Discussions to plan tech week

    • Had photoshoot

    • Hard off-book was Saturday

    • Hoping to have cast bonding to go see Noises Off!

  • Producers: Chynna B. and Rachel R.

    • Photoshoot went really well: got headshots, group photos, etc.

    • Warren poster submitted and approved

    • Meeting as a team tomorrow to finalize ideas (lobby, etc.)

    • POs approved 

    • Reimbursements beginning to come in; submitting on a rolling basis

    • Reaching out to some BU outlets to promote the show

    • Put out tshirt and bio forms; hoping to order shirts soon

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Worked on build for Noises Off and move-in

    • Tried to record sound for Assassins on Thursday; will go again this week

    • Talked to some people at office hours re: running for E-Board

    • Read Summer Show pitch

    • Picked up packages at SAO

    • Gave a division of power talk for Noises Off

  • VP: Erin

    • Went to Noises Off build week

    • Booking a table in the GSU for Assassins

    • Talking to interested VP candidate

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • No check-in

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • No check-in

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Sent out questions for F&F pitch teams

    • Talked to several people about running for E-Board

    • Made GM#3 event and sent out a reminder email

    • Read Summer Show pitch

  • TA: Alicia

    • No check-in (at Noises Off move-in)

Executive Board Minutes 3/24/19

Show Check-Ins:

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • Starting to do full runs almost every rehearsal

    • At the stage where notes can be specific

    • Tech came to watch the run on Friday

  • ADs: Siena G. and Emilee M.

    • Actors have lots of energy and confidence in rehearsal; great energy

    • Communicating with Katie and attending tech meetings

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Held department meetings this week

    • Received the wood order with no complications; on track for build week this week

    • Got to see a rehearsal

  • SM: Matt D.

    • Looking for a way to minimize conflicts during tech week

  • Producer: Kendall G.

    • Social media schedule set up for the week; creating a Buzzfeed quiz!

    • Facebook event, Eventbrite, and Instagram are all live

    • Planning headshots to happen during move-in

    • Brainstorming for lobby decorations as well as lobby entertainment during long intermissions

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • Working out a few unfinished moments

    • Giving more specific notes

    • Trying to keep each run of different scenes new and fresh for the cast

    • Next step is to begin incorporating props and prepare for tech week

  • AD: Mandy R.

    • Upcoming meeting scheduled to go over vision for the show 

    • Formal was a great place for the cast to bond 

    • Excited to strengthen the scenes she’s directing within the final weeks 

  • MD: Doug B.

    • First pit rehearsal was okay; expecting full pit next week. Considering replacing one or more of the musicians

    • Cleaning phase of rehearsals for the cast is going well—improvement in many weak spots

    • Some shipments for the pit came in 

  • TD: Erin C.

    • All POs are in

    • Met with new head of costumes this week

    • Pulling costumes for upcoming photoshoot

    • Stopped by rehearsal

    • Working with BU Dining to collect more pallets for set

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Holding regular choreo rehearsals that are completely designated for cleaning up movement, answering questions, review, etc. Will go through all movement in the show

    • Realizes these rehearsals can be tiring—encouraging cast to take care

  • SM: Abbey M.

    • Working with producers to plan photoshoot

    • Scheduling a time to record sound for the show

    • Planned the rest of the rehearsal schedule through March

    • Finalized a performance set for Giving Day; will probably rehearse on Saturday

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Set up and attended BUT Formal

    • Went to Noises Off rehearsal on Friday

    • Held office hours

    • Participated in Reading Committee

    • Went to theater booking meeting at SAO

  • VP: Erin

    • No check in at the present time

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Organized and ran Reading Committee

    • Meeting with Devon and Andrea next week for BUSTies planning

    • Lots of work for BUT Formal; went super well

    • Might have a few Summer Show pitches

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • No check-in

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Helped set up and attended BUT Formal

    • Made posts to promote BUT Formal

    • Talking with Kendall about plans for Noises Off promotion

    • Went to theater booking meeting at SAO

  • TA: Alicia

    • Did several rental contracts

    • OB is using pipe and drape in Tsai for Pippin

    • Ordered new blade for saw, which may be in need of further maintenance

    • Participated in Reading Committee

    • Helped set up and attended BUT Formal

Executive Board Minutes 3/18/19

Show Check-Ins:

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • Reached hard off-book

    • Starting to do full runs

    • Trying to get the runtime down to 2.5 hours

    • ADs held character meetings

    • Resolved communication issues

  • ADs: Siena G. and Emilee M.

    • Character meetings went well and were fun

    • Spoke with actors about communication and got feedback from them on their perspective; energy has been really positive

    • Everyone is realizing it’s crunch-time now

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Went to SAO with Kendall to complete wood order

    • paint, trim, and hinges delivered over break; wood order arriving Friday

    • General tech and department meetings happening this week

  • SM: Matt D.

    • Actors are getting lines down

    • Looking forward to having tech team in the rehearsal room

  • Producer: Kendall G.

    • Happy birthday, Kendall!

    • Worked out wood order and POs

    • Warren poster is nearly done; working with SAO

    • Photoshoot was great; promo material is in the works

    • Social media promotion planned

    • Hoping to schedule one more short photoshoot

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • Had full soft off-book run before break

    • Gave actors a mini homework assignment over the break to explore their characters

    • Excited about tech; having the set taped out on the floor is great

  • AD: Mandy R.

    • Unable to attend full run before break, but heard it was great!

    • Gave the cast resources to further develop their characters; really excited to see where it goes

    • Spring break was a great opportunity to re-energize before the final stretch

    • Can’t wait to get back into the swing of things

  • MD: Doug B.

    • Rooms booked for pit rehearsals and sitzprobe

    • Pit is finalized

    • Creating recordings for “Another National Anthem” this week

  • TD: Erin C.

    • Members of tech team attended full run before break

    • Holding tech meeting on Sunday

    • In contact with BU alum Robert Flynn to organize getting pallets from BU Dining; searching for more places to get pallets from

    • POs are in; talking with producers about reimbursements

    • Taped out set on the floor in 700 Beacon

    • Attended photoshoot

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Blocked and choreographed last few numbers

    • Held another movement workshop

    • Attended full run

  • Producers: Chynna B. and Rachel R.

    • Meeting with assistants on Wednesdays to check in

    • Held photoshoot for Warren poster; Chynna is editing and finalizing this week

    • Planning a separate shoot with the entire cast for end of March/beginning of April

    • Purchase orders expired; reworking POs and budget

  • SM: Abbey M.

    • Sent out a rehearsal feedback form to cast and creative team over break

    • Planned the schedule for this week

    • Meeting with whole creative team tonight to talk about schedule moving forward and discuss feedback 

    • Shout out to ASMs for being incredible!

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Checked in with rehearsal rooms with both mainstage shows; more meetings to come

    • Met with interested presidential candidates for next year

    • Cleared up membership questions re: pitch projects, directing

    • Gave TA Event money to Chrissy

    • Picked up new vacuum from SAO

    • Delivered librettos to Assassins; collecting contracts from creative team

    • Theater booking meeting scheduled for this Friday

    • Doing Reading Committee!

  • VP: Erin

    • Booked rooms for GMs and Assassins tech meeting

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • BUSTies: sent a message to planning group to schedule a meeting this week

    • BUT Formal planning continuing: putting together royal court

    • Talked to Matt from Elwood Sports; shirts should ship this week

    • Summer Show pitch deadline extended to Wednesday 3/27

    • Talked with potential VPSP candidates

    • Reading Committee underway

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Working with Devon on The Burials reimbursements and donation calculation

    • Sent Alba director and actor script contracts for Assassins

    • Submitted reimbursements for Erin

    • Picked up cash from at-door ticket sales from The Burials; going to SAO this week to drop off money and fill out donation forms

    • Submitted BUT Formal ticket Eventbrite, which is now live

    • In contact with producers re: PO dates and confirmation

    • Sending feedback form to The Burials producers

    • Gave check to Kim to deliver to SABO

    • Trying to find a time to meet with Madison from SAO

    • Attended Noises Off photoshoot

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Created Facebook events for BUT Formal and the GM

    • Helped deliver Assassins librettos

    • Promoted the Noises Off Instagram for people to follow

    • Sending out GM reminder email

    • Deposited check at SABO

  • TA: Alicia

    • Attended Tech Olympics

    • Received an email from OB looking to access the theater; redirected to Willing Suspension

    • Received numerous deliveries for Noises Off

    • Creating feedback forms for The Burials

    • Attending rehearsals for mainstage shows

    • OB’s Company in the Space this week

    • Getting dates from other groups for Space usage

Executive Board Minutes 3/3/19

Show Check-Outs:

Charity Show: The Burials

  • Directors: Sean D. and Aisha S.

    • Despite the obstacles, the show turned out well

    • Very proud of the show in general

    • Very stressful process; miscommunication was the biggest challenge

    • For future directors: consider the time constraints, be prepared

  • Producers: Devon M. and Lena J.

    • Process went well overall; kept up a good working pace

    • Blaze fundraiser was a great choice

    • Having representatives from the charity of choice was a great idea

    • Assistant producers were great, enthusiastic about continuing with producing

    • Need to smooth out wrinkles with ticket sales (particularly re: comp tickets and tickets from TA Event)

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Familiar with the fast timeframe and process, which was helpful

    • Pleased with the budgeting turnout

    • Being appointed TD before tech lists came out was immensely helpful for preparation

    • Would recommend both ATDs to be future TDs

    • Returned keys to Alicia at board

  • SM: Harrison R.

    • Process was difficult, but so rewarding; offers SM experience as well as experience applicable to real life

    • ASMs were so helpful and communicative; would recommend both to be future SMs

    • For future SMs: during tech week, don’t be afraid to be assertive, as it can get overwhelming; set deadlines

Show Check-Ins:

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • Held regular rehearsals

    • Participated in Liquid Fun event yesterday—lots of fun

    • Held photoshoot today

    • Held first character meetings this week; went well

    • Planning to talk more with Katie and Brian about the set this week

    • Looking to improve the dynamic with the cast

  • AD: Emilee M.

    • Also noticing issues of dynamic; aware that this can sometimes be a result of the magnitude of the show

    • Hoping to help cultivate positive energy

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Pulled all props, costumes, and set dec elements

    • Met with Taylor and ADs to talk through tech elements

    • Sarah (head costumes) went to the garment district to pick up a few costume pieces

    • Photoshoot happened today

    • Meeting with Brian and Taylor to talk about set design to hopefully get wood order in before spring break

  • SM: Matt D.

    • Last week was a bit scary with scheduling and storm

    • Keeping health in mind, as people are getting sick

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • Very busy week, especially with Tech Show

    • Lots of long and productive rehearsals this week, including lots of acting and technique workshops and music rehearsals

    • Great meeting with Erin to go through the entire show and outline all tech elements

    • First tech meeting with full team this week; great to meet everyone and see and hear so much excitement

    • Creative team meeting today to discuss scheduling up until spring break

  • AD: Mandy R.

    • Looking to come up with different ways to approach giving notes in rehearsal

    • Feeling good; excited that we have planned ahead with rehearsal schedule

  • TD: Erin C.

    • All props and set dec elements are pulled

    • Most of PO orders are in

    • Tech team is preparing for photoshoot on Tuesday

    • Working with Alicia reworking some tech departments to navigate around conflicts

  • Producer: Rachel R.

    • Participated in Pop Showdown on Saturday; episode airs in April

    • Planned a photoshoot for Tuesday

    • Realized what a big chunk of time spring break takes out of time

    • Instagram will hopefully launch tonight

    • Planning to get some promotional material from run on Thursday

    • Working on t-shirts and submitting POs

  • SM: Abbey M.

    • Congrats to The Burials on a wonderful run

    • Had first weekly creative team meeting last Monday—nice to get everyone together

    • Soft off book on Thursday, doing full run and inviting tech 

    • Picked cast members for pop showdown recording that happened Saturday morning

    • Been in contact with Rachel re: Warren poster photo shoot; aiming for Tuesday

    • ASMs Maya and Natalie have been truly awesome; really great to have them to rely on

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • The Burials tech week; it was cool having reps from Everytown there

    • Filmed Giving Day video

    • Participated in Tech Olympics with BUSS

    • Checking in with shows and attending rehearsals

    • Went to Blaze fundraiser—delicious

    • Sent out poll to board and creative teams to get a sense of when people are available for E-Board after spring break

    • Picked up name tags from SAO

    • Armrests in theater are fixed and there is now a new AC control unit

  • VP: Erin

    • Worked on The Burials

    • Booked GM rooms

    • Worked with Kendall to find a room for the Noises Off photoshoot

    • Went to Tech Olympics as a bonding event for Assassins tech team, really enjoyed it

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Worked on The Burials; glad to have people from Everytown there

    • Felt it was a very successful Charity Show

    • Will touch base with BUSTies team now that The Burials is over before spring break

    • Planning to message Chrissy re: BUSTies and BUT Formal budgets

    • Meeting with Becca and Mimi to work on BUT Formal planning; submitted forms for SPS, facilities, and catering; working on getting an Eventbrite and Facebook page live

    • Receiving interest in pitching for Summer Show

    • Went to Liquid Fun marathon to watch Noises Off perform

    • Posted about reading committee; getting some people for sign-ups

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • No check in at present time

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Lots of promo for The Burials

    • Helped out with another flower delivery!

    • Shared Tech Olympic sign-ups and posts on social media

    • Helped Kendall find a room for Noises Off photoshoot

  • TD: Alicia

    • Worked on The Burials this week; super proud to see new leaders emerging in Stage Troupe

    • Finished up safety trainings

    • Getting inquiries about rental orders and agreements

    • Gotten a lot of last-minute requests to use the Space; giving reminders about courtesy and respecting the Space and its contents

    • Starting to focus more on Noises Off and Assassins now that The Burials is over

    • Reviewing the TA Application

    • A key is stuck in the latch-bar of the lobby door that leads backstage in the Student Theater

    • Back left house speaker having issues; started glowing during The Burials

    • Charity Show LD made a document to take note of which dimmers on the lighting board aren’t working

Executive Board Minutes 2/24/19

Show Check-Ins:

Charity Show: The Burials

  • Directors: Sean D. and Aisha S.

    • Moved in today!

    • Fixing things and fine tuning—having a run after board

    • Difficultly running a few scenes 

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Moved in!

    • Set went up

    • No projector problems

    • Most of lights focused in the house

    • Shout-out to Liz and Kiana for being the best ATDs

  • Producers: Devon M. and Lena M.

    • Headshots this week

    • Blaze fundraiser happening on opening night

    • Posting spotlights for cast and creative team on Instagram

    • Lobby should be done tomorrow

    • Everything on track!

  • SM: Harrison R.

    • Having a run later tonight

    • Lines have been challenging, but cast members have reached out for assistance

    • One of the actors had to drop the show, but the role has been filled and it’s going well

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • Entire show is now blocked

    • Participating in Liquid Fun marathon next Saturday

    • Had some issues with actors showing up late, but things have improved

    • Character meetings and photoshoot next week

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Met with tech team and ATDs

    • Costumes pulled for photoshoot 

    • Finding time to go into SAO

  • SM: Matthew D.

    • Had a good week

    • Went over March schedule

    • Soft off-book was this week—went well!

    • Break a leg to The Burials!

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • Crazy week, but rehearsals have been great

    • Went to tech department meetings—a lot to do on the tech front

    • Set to finish the show by next Thursday

    • Planning to have a whole run before break

    • Music will be done tomorrow

    • Working on rest of blocking

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Working with Daniel on the Italian in scene 16 and he’s crushing it!

    • Had choreo rehearsal for “How I Saved Roosevelt”

    • Elle is fantastic and so helpful

    • Cleaned “Gun Song” movement

  • TD: Erin C.

    • Held tech meetings this week

    • Props and set dec elements have been pulled

    • Working on getting things ordered

  • SM: Abbey M.

    • Scheduled until spring break

    • Rehearsals have been good

    • Contracts are all signed and returned

    • Going to see The Burials on Saturday as a bonding event

  • Producers: Chynna B. and Rachel R.

    • Corresponding with Erin

    • Some budget changes

    • Had a productive producing meeting

    • Some ideas for photoshoot and dates

    • Planning on Warren poster

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Attended department meetings 

    • Met with TD and tech team for Noises Off

    • Attended Assassins meeting

    • Went to The Burials rehearsal and move-in

    • Got confirmation re: Giving Day filming—filming happening tomorrow at 12:30

    • Held office hours—won’t have office hours tomorrow

    • Got money to TA Event out

    • Went to YKB

    • Checked in with Mac about broken armrest

  • VP: Erin

    • Attended The Burials move-in

    • Talked to to Kendall about photoshoot for Noises Off

    • Gave SM keys to Harrison

    • Got contracts from Assassins and The Burials

    • Went to YKB

    • Helped with The Burials video stuff

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Went to The Burials move-in

    • Working on The Burials and stopped by rehearsals

    • Met with Sean and Harrison to work though actor dropping scenario; spoke with Suhail about joining the cast

    • BUSTies team is working on The Burials, so not much is currently happening for BUSTies

    • Pulled extra trophy toppers

      BUT Formal is back to GSU Backcourt

    • Trying to find a time to go to SAO with Chrissy

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • No check-in

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Working with Devon on The Burials promotion

    • Made various Facebook events for The Burials, Blaze fundraiser, etc.

  • TD: Alicia

    • Helped with YKB/Vagmo

    • Some things got used without asking—will make expectations more clear

    • Did safety trainings

    • Opened the Space a lot for people

    • Attended Assassins meetings 

    • Posted on theater exchange for guns

    • Reaching out to people for pallets

    • Went to run of The Burials

    • Went to The Burials move-in

Executive Board Minutes 2/18/19

Show Check-Ins:

Charity Show: The Burials

  • Directors: Sean D. and Aisha S.

    • Finished blocking the show early last week

    • Character work, restructured some difficult scenes

    • Today was soft off-book and first full run

    • Had to cancel Tuesday rehearsal; Tech Show jumbled week a bit, but got through it and made up for lost time today

    • Filmed this morning; will hopefully finish with filming by tonight

    • Cast bonding on Friday—looking forward to it

  • Producer: Devon M.

    • Took photos during rehearsals, being edited

    • Blaze fundraiser is ready to go

    • T-shirts arriving next week

    • Meeting this week with assistant producers

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Building—heading back to the Space to check in

    • A lot of what is needed already exists in the Space, which is good budget-wise

    • Waiting on raw film footage for editing

    • Projection screen has been ordered, should be here Wednesday

  • SM: Harrison R.

    • Have contracts to return to E-Board

    • Got some great advice from Lena about SMing

    • Cast attendance at rehearsals has been greatly improved

    • Had soft off-book—was a bit rocky, but overall very productive

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • only able to attend two rehearsals this week due to conflicts and sickness, but Siena and Emilee took over on other days

    • Will start holding character meetings next week

    • Hoping to attend tech meetings soon

  • AD: Siena G.

    • Missing Taylor towards beginning of week; things have been a bit chaotic + challenging re: scheduling, but making the best of it

    • Lots of material, but actors are doing well with it

    • Good combination of blocking and character work during rehearsals

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Taped the floor in 700 Beacon roughly

    • First tech meeting this morning; Emilee came to talk about the plot

    • Sharing script with tech team tonight

    • Sharing a poll with department heads to set up individual meetings

  • SM: Matt D.

    • Last week was a bit scary with scheduling and storm

    • Keeping health in mind, as people are getting sick

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • Very busy week, especially with Tech Show

    • Lots of long and productive rehearsals this week, including lots of acting and technique workshops and music rehearsals

    • Great meeting with Erin to go through the entire show and outline all tech elements

    • First tech meeting with full team this week; great to meet everyone and see and hear so much excitement

    • Creative team meeting today to discuss scheduling up until spring break

  • AD: Mandy R.

    • Looking to come up with different ways to approach giving notes in rehearsal

    • Feeling good; excited that we have planned ahead with rehearsal schedule

  • MD: Doug B.

    • By next Monday, all music will have been taught or read through

    • Working on scheduling individual meetings with cast members

    • Anticipating receiving materials—when should they expect to get them?

    • Waiting to hear back from Erin re: SPS

    • Planning a recording date for recorded show materials; hoping to borrow mics from Troupe rather than waiting on SPS mics to arrive

  • TD: Erin C.

    • Held a tech meeting

    • Working on scheduling department meetings

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Held a choreo rehearsal to make up for the time lost to illness last week

    • Held a movement/physicality workshop on Wednesday to get the cast thinking about new techniques and approaches to their roles. It was SUPER fun and a good stress-reliever

    • Also taught movement for a smaller number

    • Already hearing from cast members looking to schedule office hours, which is great

  • Producer: Rachel R.

    • Met with whole producing team and Chrissy on Friday to brainstorm and establish some goals

    • Alyssa is working on “logo” concepts for Warren poster, shirts, etc.

    • Planning to stop by rehearsals and set up social media accounts

    • Planning to talk to Abbey about scheduling and timeline

    • Has a friend with Pop Showdown on BUTV10—set up dates for Assassins team to participate in some history or presidential history trivia

  • SM: Abbey M.

    • Had long meeting about scheduling; went well; planned schedule up until spring break

    • Talked with Lena this week, got some SM advice

    • Challenge with conflicts this week; will hopefully smooth issues out

    • Cast bonding at Tech Show on Friday

    • Notified cast about Giving Day performance

    • Need to talk to Erin to book another room for rehearsal and to get tech into the rehearsal room

Busties Check-in: Devon M.

  • met with Andrea, Ariana, and other event managers this week; went over everything and assigned different tasks

  • Ideas rolling for theme, decorations, food, etc.

  • Super productive week

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Tech Show was fun

    • Gave division of power talk to both Noises Off and The Burials

    • Still has TA Event money

    • Nadia from Shakespeare Society asked if we could distribute Tech Olympics sign up—will do

    • Met with Erin Murdock from SAO on Friday

    • Replied to Class Gift Giving Day with times to film—tentatively scheduled for Wednesday from 4:30-5:00 pm

    • Picked up check from SAO

    • Heard from Mac about damage in the Student Theater after 20-Minute Musicals; working on repairs

  • VP: Erin

    • Participated in Tech Show

    • Booked an extra rehearsal room for The Burials

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Was in Tech Show

    • Did lots of work of BUSTies—met with the team and made a shared Google Drive

    • Met with Event Managers to go over responsibilities; meeting with Harrison and Sean to go over host responsibilities

    • Will talk with Chrissy about BUSTies budget and ticketing

    • Met with Mimi to plan for BUT Formal to brainstorm ideas and set up a meeting

    • Working on signing Troupe up for Relay for Life, which is Saturday April 13th

    • Noises Off might be interested in performing in Liquid Fun’s show

    • Need to make plans re: spring showcase

    • Checked in with Harrison about SM responsibilities

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Attended The Burials rehearsal on Thursday

    • Met with Assassins producing team on Friday

    • Checking in on details for Krispy Kreme fundraiser

    • Communicated with The Burials rights company

    • Noises Off payment and event both approved

    • Missed Noises Off producing team due to the storm; will reschedule

    • In communication with Emily from Everytown; working on getting a representative present during the run of the show

    • Fixing The Burials Eventbrite

    • Communicated with James about the Assassins materials, which should be here before March

    • Did hair and makeup for Tech Show

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Created Tech Show promotional material and published Facebook Event; promoted on social media

    • Helped with both Tech Show performances

  • TD: Alicia

    • Tech Show went well—thanks to everyone who participated!

    • Helping out with VagMo a lot

    • Scheduled lots of safety trainings for the future

    • Lots of work for Tech Show, including strike (thank you, Marcella!)

    • Attended various tech meetings

Executive Board Minutes 2/10/19

Show Check-Ins:

Charity Show: The Burials

  • Directors: Sean D. and Aisha S.

    • Started blocking—hoping to finish blocking by Tuesday

    • Held photoshoot

    • Held cast bonding

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Thrilled to start working with tech crew; sent out first email with dates and information

    • Contacted department heads

    • Sent out a schedule for department meetings happening this week

    • Meeting with Sean on Monday to finalize tech vision

    • Met ATDs!

  • SM: Harrison R.

    • Having difficulty managing the casts with their conflicts; feeling they don’t always adhere to expectations of rehearsal attendance

    • Collecting contracts, but haven’t been able to get them from people who aren’t attending; a bit frustrated with this dynamic

  • Producers: Devon M. and Lena M.

    • Met with assistants and designated responsibilities

    • Facebook page and Instagram are live

    • T-shirt link up and running; deadline is Tuesday

    • Finished up photoshoot; planning a day for headshots

    • Blaze fundraiser in the works

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • Rehearsals all this week; over half the show is blocked

    • Did a movement class on Friday for slapstick, safety

    • Emilee blocked a scene

    • Cast bonding—everyone getting along really well

    • Had a creative team meeting

  • AD: Emilee M.

    • Blocking going really smoothly, which is great

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Had a creative team meeting: discussed set design; will take ideas to set designer

    • Going to tape the floor in 700 Beacon this week for actors

    • Got tech lists—yay!—scheduling tech meeting and department meetings soon

  • Producer: Kendall G.

    • A few questions for Chrissy

    • Meeting with assistants this week to exchange ideas and make sure they get the most out of experience

  • SM: Matthew D.

    • Tech Show throwing a bit of a wrench in the schedule; smoothing out wrinkles

    • Everything going smoothly otherwise

    • Excited to have an ASM

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • First week of rehearsals and character meetings went well

    • Lots of conflicts; need to get the hang of scheduling

    • Set up a meeting with Erin for next week

  • MD: Doug B.

    • Confirmed a couple more pit members; just need to fill two more positions

    • Music rehearsals have been going well! Lots of talent in the cast

    • Discussed music tech needs with Erin

    • Will have fewer weekday conflicts from now on which should allow for more frequent music rehearsals

  • AD: Amanda R.

    • On the right track with blocking and character work

    • Excited for movement and acting workshops

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Auditions went well (dance callback was super fun!)

    • Had to change rehearsal plans due to having a fever

  • TD: Erin C.

    • Got tech team! Will email them soon

    • Trying to establish a good relationship early on between tech and actors

    • Going to tape out the floor in 700 Beacon

    • Met with James

  • Producers: Chynna B. and Rachel R.

    • Working out department budgets tonight

    • Producing team meeting on Friday with APs

    • Secured a BU Today photographer for tech week

  • SM: Abbey M.

    • Having some frustration with last-minute conflicts and adherence to attendance

    • Planning cast bonding for Tech Show

    • Excited for ASMs

    • Need to make a new plan for scheduling bc current system isn’t working great

    • Trying to schedule a creative team meeting

  • President: Alba

    • Delivered division of power talk to Assassins, giving one to Noises Off and The Burials this week

    • Had tech show rehearsal

    • Went to TA Event; got pied; money in Venmo is transferring

    • Went to Tech Show move in

    • Marcella reached out on behalf of giving day with another opportunity for Stage Troupe

    • Meeting with Erin Murdock scheduled for Friday 2/15 at 1 PM

    • Ordered new name tags

  • VP: Erin

    • Looking for a room for The Burials to take headshots on Wednesday

    • Tech show rehearsal

    • Went to TA Event; ducked her pie

    • Spoke with James about looking at the electrical in Student Theater

    • Booked backcourt for BUT Formal 3/21

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • TA Event went really well!

    • Announced full BUSTies team—super excited to work with them; will start meeting with them soon

    • Setting up a meeting with Wandering Minds and Shakespeare Society to continue planning BUT Formal

    • T-shirt link closes next Sunday

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • The Burials rights company still hasn’t received payment, although SAO says payment

    • Purchase order for vacuum received and approved

    • Assassins payment approved

    • Reimbursements should be arriving soon and/or have already arrived

    • Met with The Burials team, finalized Blaze fundraiser

    • Meeting with other show producing teams on Friday

    • Reached out to Everytown for information for lobby

    • Helped with TA Event

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Published TA Event Facebook Event and promoted TA Event on social media

    • Shared casting call for The Burials and communicated with auditionees

    • Received an email from an alum requesting that we review production photos from ‘06 production of Lend Me A Tenor

    • Helped with TA Event, auctioned off some items, got pied. 10/10 would do it again

  • TD: Alicia

    • Lots of safety trainings this week

    • Opened up the Space for VagMo

    • VagMo rental agreement should go through soon

    • Published tech lists

    • Tech show rehearsals

    • TA Event

 

Executive Board Minutes 2/3/19

Show Check-Ins:

Tech Show

  • SM: Marcella M.

    • Jesse is organizing tech meetings during rehearsals—TBD; will be sure to be there for that

    • Read through was very fun

Charity Show: The Burials

  • Directors: Sean D. and Aisha S.

    • Auditions went great

    • One actor dropped the show—working on filling the role

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Talked to Alicia about different scene settings

    • Making progress on projection planning

    • Setting up materials for tech crew

    • Looking forward to Tech Meeting tomorrow

  • Producers: Devon M. and Lena M.

    • Planing headshots/photoshoot

    • working on a graphic for stickers, shirts, etc.

    • Will talk to Chrissy re: paperwork for Everytown

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • Met with Alicia to go over set elements, door placement, for blocking purposes

    • Started blocking

    • Prepared callback materials

    • Allocated responsibilities with ADs

    • Talked with Kendall about promoting the show off-campus

    • Matt will join for auditions

    • Can’t be at auditions on Tuesday until closer to 7 and cannot be there after 7 on Wednesday—working with ADs to organize auditions; will make announcement at GM

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Reading through the script and making note of tech elements

    • Creative team meeting on Sunday to discuss set design and props, which will be introduced into rehearsals as early as possible

    • Attending Tech Meeting tomorrow

    • Planning on starting to have department meetings starting next week—super excited!

  • Producer: Kendall G.

    • Excited about 3 assistants—reaching out to them tonight to arrange a meeting for the week

    • Full creative team meeting went really well

    • Trying to meet with Taylor, Emilee, and Siena to talk about creative vision

    • Met with Chrissy

  • SM: Matthew D.

    • Rehearsal schedule nearly finalized; should be able to send it out by tonight

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • Had first read-through on Saturday—cast is amazing, very excited

    • Met with Abbey to discuss rehearsal schedule (short- and long-term)

    • First rehearsal tomorrow

    • Met with Chynna and Rachel on Saturday to discuss producing ideas

    • Met with Erin and Alicia to talk about various tech elements

    • Looking forward to tech meeting

  • MD: Doug B.

    • Finished all learning tracks

    • Working on click track for entire show

    • Pit nearly filled out

    • Musical callback cuts have been selected and prepared

    • Hoping for extra pipe and drape to surround pit backstage (Alicia: if we don’t have pipe and drape available, we can make barriers out of set pieces, blankets, etc.)

  • AD: Amanda R.

    • Collecting lots of research for each individual role: finished last night and made accessible to people to prepare for auditions

    • Blocking 3 scenes—did research to prepare

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Auditions went well (dance callback was super fun!)

    • Attended read-through; cast is amazing—can’t wait to work with them

  • TD: Erin C.

    • Met with James and went through script and score thinking about tech elements

    • Will tape out the set plan on the floor in 700 Beacon

    • Tech meeting tomorrow and a TD meeting this week

    • Will talk with producers about working with SPS

  • Producers: Chynna B. and Rachel R.

    • Very productive meeting with James and Mandy

    • Working on a rough marketing timeline

    • Went over individual focuses

    • Will reach out to assistant producers to set up a meeting

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Ran auditions and callbacks, then mediations and negotiations for casting

    • Opened the Space for OB to have their tech meeting

    • Received an email from Erin from SAO—will find a good available time to meet

    • We need one more elective training to fulfill Troupe’s requirements—Alicia volunteered

    • Setting up meetings with creative teams to go over

    • Office hours will now only be on Mondays from 12-2 PM

  • VP: Erin

    • Ran auditions

    • Created callback schedules for people called for multuple shows/grows

    • Talked to people from WM and SS for feedbcak on joint holding rooms

    • Devon has Student Theater next weekend for The Burials

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Helped run auditions

    • Preparing for TA Event: Alicia’s Amazing Aquatic Adventure

    • Made TA Event Facebook Event cover photo; sent to Kim

    • Officially has two event managers for BUSTies and currently looking for assistants, which is super exciting! Still also looking for hosts and seniors who want to be roasted

    • BUT Formal: Wandering Minds and Shakespeare Society not keen on moving the event off-campus; Wandering Minds suggested looking at alternative dates

    • New shirt order link is finally live until the 17th—will share in Facebook group

    • Sharing SM advice with Harrison

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Helped run auditions and callbacks

    • Had a head producer workshop

    • Sending out a message tonight to all the producing teams

    • Announced assistant producers—great teams all around

    • Received confirmation for The Burials payment; waiting to hear from rights company to make sure they received it

    • All Eventbrites and Orgsync events are approved and live

    • Waiting to hear MA MTI rep for new contract for Assassins with full reference score

    • Dropping off money from assassins at SAO (probably tomorrow)

    • Making promo materials for tech show

    • Still working on communicating with SAO re: reimbursement process

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Contacted directors with information about the audition, callback, and casting week process

    • Very busy with Assassins auditions, callbacks, and casting all week

    • Posted and sent out callback lists and cast lists

    • Published Tech Meeting FB Event

  • TD: Alicia

    • Assigned SMs and TDs!

    • Met with SMs to talk about expectations for the process and go over information

    • Met with James and Erin about Assassins tech needs

    • Met with tech contact for VagMo and sent a rental agreement

    • Helped run auditions

    • Opened up tech form; closes Tuesday

    • Scheduling Tech Show rehearsals for the week; met wit hJesse on Thursday to go over tech things. Super excited!

    • Space is fixed; hopefully we won’t have any further issues

Marcella M:

  • Class Gift Committee looking to see if Stage Troupe is interested in performing on Giving Day—possibly Assassins

Executive Board Minutes 1/27/19

Show Check-Ins:

Charity Show: The Burials

  • Directors: Sean D. and Aisha S.

    • Prepared all the audition material

    • Blocked a few scenes

    • Met with producers to talk about design and promotion

    • Met with SM to split up roles as co-directors

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Reviewing script, noting technical elements

    • Meeting with directors before GM

    • Looking forward to getting tech lists and diving in

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • Met with Alicia to go over set elements, door placement, for blocking purposes

    • Started blocking

    • Prepared callback materials

    • Allocated responsibilities with ADs

    • Talked with Kendall about promoting the show off-campus

    • Matt will join for auditions

    • Can’t be at auditions on Tuesday until closer to 7 and cannot be there after 7 on Wednesday—working with ADs to organize auditions; will make announcement at GM

  • AD: Emilee M.

    • Really excited!

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Started reading script

    • Meeting soon to discuss tech elements

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

  • MD: Doug B.

    • Finished all learning tracks

    • Working on click track for entire show

    • Pit nearly filled out

    • Musical callback cuts have been selected and prepared

    • Hoping for extra pipe and drape to surround pit backstage (Alicia: if we don’t have pipe and drape available, we can make barriers out of set pieces, blankets, etc.)

  • AD: Amanda R.

    • Collecting lots of research for each individual role: finished last night and made accessible to people to prepare for auditions

    • Blocking 3 scenes—did research to prepare

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Working on a cut for dance/movement callback

  • TD: Erin C.

    • Meeting with James and Alicia to go through tech elements

    • Received tech folder on Google drive from James

    • “I’m excited!!!!!”

  • Producer: Chynna B.

    • Getting familiar with show material

    • Meeting with Rachel this week to brainstorm ideas and discuss roles as co-producers

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Met with Mac on Thursday to finish up casting week conversation

    • Went to Splash 2.0

    • Went to first tech show read through

    • Filled out GM slide

    • Will be contacting SMs to schedule times to meet with creative teams to give division of power talks (after auditions)

    • Helping to run auditions, callbacks, and casting

    • Approached by Marcella: Class Gift has asked Assassins to perform at Giving Day: April 4th

  • VP: Erin

    • Joined Assassins team as TD

    • Ready for auditions

    • Went to Tech Show read-through

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Went to Splash 2.0

    • Went to tech show read-through

    • Talked to Chrissy about collecting Assassins payments; writing an email with the rules to send to participants; game will start after midnight

    • Organizing TA Event and working with The Burials directors

    • Still looking for BUSTies hosts

    • Still looking for a venue for BUT Formal

    • Someone brought up doing Relay For Life as a Troupe event

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Went into SAO to work out MTI contract for Assassins—emailing MA rep, Brett, for an invoice and updated, filled-out contract

    • Heard from a number of people that still haven’t received reimbursements; figuring out the status on those—especially those that have already been approved

    • Spoke to SAO event staff re: approving the Noises Off Orgsync event

    • Finished submission for Noises Off and Assassins Eventbrites

    • Scheduled head producer workshop for Monday; will have separate meeting after with Devon and Lena to go over Charity Show specifics and fundraising ideas

    • Received confirmation on the Charity Show Warren poster reservation—now all three shows have the capability to use it should they want to

    • Reached out to SAO for confirmation on The Burials payment—check was sent and they should be receiving/ should have already received it; sent follow up email to the rights company for The Burials to confirm payment

    • Completely updated the producer guide and sent to head producers

    • Contacted Pavement about their annual donation to Troupe

    • Determined budgets and made budget spreadsheets for each show—sending to the head producers

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Made and promoted Facebook Events for GM #1 and auditions

    • Posted reminders about Splash 2.0 on social media accounts

    • Sent out an email with event reminders

    • Corresponding with lots of potential new members, which is exciting!

    • Made new flyers and new Splash 2.0 poster

    • Contacted directors with information about Splash 2.0 and GM #1

    • Made GM #1 presentation template and shared

    • Went to Splash 2.0 and hosted Instagram Q & A which went surprisingly well!

  • TD: Alicia

    • Assigned TDs and SMs

    • Meeting with TDs and SMs to listen to their expectations and to go over questions

    • Had Tech Show meeting

    • Met with Noises Off creative team

    • Finished up the new tech form

    • Going to the Space to deal with a leak

    • Helping run auditions, callbacks, casting

    • Meeting with James and Erin