Minutes

Executive Board Minutes 9/1/19

Show Check Ins

Mamma Mia!

  • Directors: Maggie S and Erin M

    • Feeling ready to go

    • Blocked/choreographed whole show

    • Had big productive meeting today

    • MD Aiden has a full pit

    • Looking into acquiring prerecorded tracks that weren’t part of the initial contract

    • Wondering if it’s possible to have as many rehearsals in the Student Theater as possible 

Five Women Wearing the Same Dress

  • Director: Miranda M

    • No check in at present time

Crimes of the Heart

  • Director: Doran K

    • First full creative team meeting planned

    • Blocked the whole show

    • Picked audition and callback sides

    • A lot of scheduling stuff figured out 

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Got email from SAO that Engage is working

    • Still working on name tags

    • Sent version of current casting procedures to all BU Theatre presidents to work out casting

    • Emailing with Crystal re: SAO and Student

    • Meeting with Shiney on Wednesday

    • Joined Haunted House committee

  • VP: Siena

    • Plugged Troupe to FYSOP first years!

    • All requested rooms have been confirmed

    • Getting organized for the year

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Made graphics for COMBAT and revival show

    • Haunted house committee all set

    • Mamma Mia watch party is happening (10/12 4-10pm), messaged Erin and Maggie about possible cast performance and opening it up to other groups as well

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Dues and revival show Eventbrite links are live; both are working and people are buying

    • Submitted warren poster reservation— denied for friends and family (one of the new changes this semester is that there are only 4 Warren poster openings)- submitted a new one week reservation

    • Will be talking to Shiney about Friends and Family weekend to see if we can have the same GSU poster setup that we did for Footloose

    • Looked at the Almost Maine contract and ensured it is payment by performance

    • Talked with Devon about having two comp tickets for use on either of the fall mainstages to be given away at the social

    • Have two amazingly wonderful head producers for the mainstages

    • Going to announce assistant producing apps tomorrow and make the deadline after auditions

    • Creating a group chat for all the producing heads and I to communicate for general questions or problems that come up that may help other producing teams

    • Got WWN forms from Zach and made budgets— sending out to producers after they are announced

    • Will be updating the producer guide with the new Engage format on a rolling basis

    • Posted in the FB group to ask if there are any outstanding reimbursements that people haven’t gotten checks for yet

    • Meeting with entire Mamma Mia producing team on 9/8

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Sent email to Shiney re: Almost Maine

    • Finished up with spotlights- did a special BU theatre spotlight today

    • Made and posted fall semester cover photo

    • Received splash and revival show graphics from Devon to use for promo

    • Making revival show FB event tomorrow

    • Sent welcome back email to membership- included revival show and dues Eventbrites

    • Going to send fall directors an email tomorrow

    • Updated calendar on website with events and graphics

    • Made flyer for splash

    • Sent GM 1 presentation template to eboard, going to share with directors as well

    • Thinking about possibly organizing a revival show Instagram takeover

    • Making audition forms this week

    • Gave Kim the VP keys to give to Siena

  • TA: Zach

    • Was extremely busy with FYSOP this week (talked up Troupe to first years!)


Executive Board Minutes 8/19/19

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Wrote back to CFA student inquiring about Student Theater usage

    • Finalized GM times with the other BU Theatre groups

    • Going to start working on the casting process with the other groups soon

  • VP: Siena

    • Booked the eboard meeting room for the fall semester

    • Got the Noises Off recording from Kendall

    • Upon returning, going to get the hard drive from Devon and the keys from Abbey

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Planned and finalized special project dates; lots of ideas for new events!

    • Finalized the details from the Ice Cream Social, possibly thinking about holding a raffle for a free show ticket?

    • Got a bunch of responses re: the Haunted House, going to start a planning committee once the semester begins

    • COMBAT details are all set

    • Still looking at solutions for One Acts (new date, new space, etc)

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Sent out the mainstage producer application

    • Getting the last of the production videos

    • Approved for both mainstage rights! Going to make sure the payment goes through

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Emailed Dot from BU Arts Initiative- since the Arts Fair is the day before Splash, they have decided to omit student groups this year

    • Made a new production recording spreadsheet from the Troupe account- it is up to date with all the recordings we have received, waiting on a few more

    • Met with Devon to design a fall semester cover photo- should be posted tomorrow

    • Finished making graphics for many of the fall events

    • Made the GM 1 Presentation template, planning on sharing that with the rest of eboard tonight

    • Started drafting an email to fall directors with the goal of sending it out by next Tuesday

  • TA: Zach

    • Reached out to other BU Theatre TAs

    • Decided on a date for the tech meeting- 9/15 right before the Ice Cream Social

    • Reached out to fall directors to ask them to act in Techstravaganza and complied a list of techies to reach out to


Executive Board Minutes 8/12/19

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Talking with other BU Theatre presidents re: GM times, joint holding rooms, et

  • VP: Siena

    • Booked rooms for auditions, callbacks, and COMBAT

    • Needs to book eboard room for the fall

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Sent email to point people for COMBAT

    • Making a COMBAT graphic for the future Facebook event

    • Posting survey re: past special projects to the Facebook group

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Announced F&F producing team

    • Updated producer’s guide

    • Applied for mainstage rights- got Five Women Wearing the Same Dress, still waiting on Crimes of the Heart

    • Mamma Mia materials arrived- thanks to Jen and Robert for picking them up!

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Continues posting Spotlights

    • Ran into some trouble re: updating the video spreadsheet, going to find out who created it and request access

    • Designing cover photos and graphics

  • TA: Zach

    • Drafted email for BU Theatre TAs

    • Talked to Sam re: meeting with Tsai

    • New sound board- she’s beautiful!!


Executive Board Minutes 8/4/19

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Still waiting on name tags

    • Great meeting with Siena this week

    • Corresponding with other BU Theatre presidents- plans on a joint GM room and . a joint holding room for auditions/callbacks

    • Assembling BU Theatre contact sheet

  • VP: Siena

    • Great meeting with Kim this week

    • Booked audition and callback rooms

    • Also booked rehearsal room for COMBAT

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Emailed point people for groups participating in COMBAT

    • Going to post paper copies of COMBAT schedules along with theater and PSace access

    • Continued working on finding alternate spaces and or times for One Acts

    • Plans to reach out about a Mamma, Mia watch party soon

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Going to submit mainstage rights

    • Announcing F&F producers today along with posting the application for mainstage producers

    • Checking in with SABO re: payment for rights

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Started summer/fall director spotlights

    • Updated calendar with drafts for upcoming events (waiting to add some graphics and more info)

    • Still waiting on some production videos, but plans to begin uploading this week

  • TA: Zach

    • Received all Wish Want Need lists from directors

    • Reached out to all fall TDs and SMs

    • Planning a meeting once the start of the semester gets closer

    • Getting the new sound board from Tsai on Tuesday


Executive Board Minutes 7/28/19

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • In correspondence with fall directors

    • Helping Erin and Maggie re: an ASL interpreter for Mamma, Mia

    • Touching base with Siena re: Engage

    • Figuring out name tags

  • VP: Siena

    • Did 25 Live training

    • Excited to start booking rooms

    • Getting videos from past shows and put them on a hard drive

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Emailing about COMBAT

    • Sending out a survey in August re: special projects

    • Brainstorming ideas for the ice cream social and a potential Mamma, Mia viewing party

    • Looking into potential new venues for One Acts in case the Student Theater isn’t available

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Have F&F producers! Confident in the team

    • Holding off on mainstage producers apps for a bit

    • Going to check accounts and submit mainstage rights payments

    • Looking into purchasing video equipment and a new lighting board

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Continuing with Spotlight Sunday posts

    • Received the F&F Tsai reservation

    • Starting preliminary designs for fall graphics

    • Sent email to summer and fall directors re: their spotlights

    • Been receiving production videos, planning on uploading them to the Troupe YouTube and updating the video spreadsheet

  • TA: Zach

    • Received most Wish Want Need lists from fall directors

    • Corresponding with someone re: an SM guide and with Eric re: the sound board from Tsai

    • Have F&F TD and SM- mainstage TD and SM forms will be closing soon

    • Met with Sam re: safety training and Mamma, Mia set design

    • Assistant TD and SM apps will be released once the semester begins


Executive Board Minutes 6/28/19

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Met with Chrissy and Doug re: Tsai reservation proposal

    • Name tag order on hold

  • VP: Siena

    • Working on Assassins show recording with Rachel

    • Created list of rooms to book in preparation

  • VPSP: Devon

    • No check in at present time

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Working on contacting producers from past season

    • Sending out fall producer apps this weekend

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Gathering the info and posting Spotlight Sunday’s

    • In correspondence with some alumni from the 2009 production of Almost, Maine, trying to get some photos

    • Sent the statement of expectations form to Zach and Jen

    • Drafting up a summer email template

  • TA: Zach

    • Sent out wish/want/need email to fall directors

    • Checked in with Devon re: COMBAT

    • Sent out TD and SM forms

    • Got a new costume rack!

Executive Board Minutes 6/2/19

Show Check Ins:

Almost, Maine

  • Director: Natalie A

    • So so proud of the actors

    • Have a few tech thing to work out but not worried

    • Everyone is hard off book and our first dress rehearsal is tomorrow

  • TD: Harrison R

    • It was tech week so we were doing a lot

    • Finished painting the set, getting all the props

    • Chris Dew really took the reigns with lighting and he did an amazing job!

    • We had tech runs and most things went smoothly

  • SM: Zach L/Jen M

    • Got to hard off book and started full runs

    • Actors are doing a great job

    • Actors also developed a system for carrying things on and off during scene transitions but would be super helpful to have some tech to help out

  • Producer: Devon M

    • Chrissy is heading lobby decorating and will be doing this on Tuesday

    • Katie and Michelle are heading photos

    • At least one producer will be present at every performance to make the pre-show announcement

    • Would like to have a mailing list signup sheet in the lobby

E-board Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Went to SAO to work out putting the domain renewal on an SAO credit card

    • Inquired about when Engage going live- still waiting

    • Sent out a doodle poll for one on one e-board member meetings

    • Emailed SAO about name tags

  • VP: Siena

    • Still waiting on access to Engage to start booking rooms

    • Would like to book audition, callbacks, and e-board meeting rooms ASAP

  • VPSP: Devon

    • Heard back from Shiney James and provided her with a show description/info for Almost, Maine

    • Set date for COMBAT: Saturday, September 28, confirmed OB will be participating, still waiting to hear from other group

    • Thinking about putting out a small survey asking the membership’s thoughts on past events and any ideas they have about future events

    • The check from The Burials was mailed to Everytown

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Coordinated with Devon and producers on tackling Almost, Maine tech week

    • Worked with Natalie re: Almost, Maine soundtrack

    • Worked on Ben’s pay statement for Assassins

    • Spoke with members about show recordings- looking into the status of these being uploaded

    • Wants to coordinate a time to decorate the shadow box with eboard and cast of Almost, Maine

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Changed the passwords for the social media accounts

    • Uploaded the updated constitution on the website

    • Sent an email to fall directors re: show information for the website

    • Drafting a summer spotlight email

    • Planning in reaching out to e-board re: their info fo the e-board page on the website

    • Need to reach out to Devon about the Almost, Maine Facebook event

  • TA: Zach

    • Helped with move in for Almost, Maine

    • Gave Chris the keys

    • Planning on reaching out to fall directors sometime soon

    • Promoted Troupe at FYCO training!

Executive Board Minutes 5/26/19

Show Check Ins:

Almost Maine

  • Director: Natalie A

    • Each scene has been rehearsed 3 times

    • Actors are beginning to learn their lines

    • Had cast bonding dinner at Robert’s

    • Very excited for the weeks to come!

  • TD: Harrison R

    • Sent out department messages

    • Found times for each department to go to the Space

    • Had meeting re: set design w/ Zach, Cam, Natalie, and James

    • Build Week coming up, will post about dates and times

  • SM: Jen M/Zach L

    • Being co SMs has been great!

    • Jen worked on rehearsal schedules and conflicts

    • Working on an email to send to the cast

  • Producer: Devon M

    • Talked to Chrissy about summer show specifics

    • Talked to Natalie about orientation and setting up email list; having actors/eboard members come out after shows. Q&A, tours

    • Focusing on photos, lobby decorating; dividing up between assistants

    • Planning to do electronic playbills

Eboard Check Ins:

  • President: Kim

    • Talked to Siena and Doran about show order, Miranda preferred the earlier slot so Five Women Wearing the Same Dress will be November 7-9 and Crimes of the Heart December  5-7

    • Figuring out how to order name tags

  • VP: Siena

    • Waiting on the VP guide from Erin

    • Wants to start booking rooms once the new system is in place

  • VPSP: Devon

    • For summer show, emailed Shiney James re: show dates and times, going to follow up

    • Met w/ Erin to pick up hard drives with this last year’s shows on them

    • Got 2018-2019 actor contracts from Erin- idea of scanning them to store them in the Stage drive

    • Met w/ Ariana re: VSPS stuff

    • Plans to reach out to other groups re: COMBAT and the 700 Beacon haunted house idea

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Made google forms for summer show producers and assigned summer show producers

    • Received the check w/ the proceeds for Everytown

    • Going to post in the FB page about remaining reimbursements

    • Talked to Linda from SAO re: Ben getting paid for Assassins

    • Payment set for Mamma Mia!, going to double check for Almost Maine

    • Settled remaining reimbursements; new deadline for submitting is 5/31

    • Funds transfers for the year all set

    • Met w/ John from Sabo re: problems w/ reimbursements and making purchases

  • Secretary: Abbey

    • Made admin of the FB page today

    • Planning posting schedule for Spotlight Sundays, want to send an email about that to Steve, eboard members, and directors this week

    • Getting all the passwords from Kim tomorrow

    • Planning to start updating the website

  • TA: Zach

    • Unlocked the Space so seniors could sign

    • Tech for summer show going well!

    • Going to start working on TD and SM forms for F&F

    • Plans to reach out to fall directors about their Wish, Wants, Needs list

    • Looking into getting a new saw for the Space

    • Eric received an email from Tsai saying they have a sound board available for us for free; going to look more into this

    • Alicia received an email from Allison Parker re: an SM guide; she’s going to work on it and send it, then will forward to Abbey

  • Student Group Advisor: Steve

    • Constitution was missing a required statement, needs to be added to article 3 and updated in constitution on the website


Executive Board Notes 5/11/18

E-Board Check-Outs

  • Chris
    • Always put the membership first and in general, put others before you
    • Always resolve conflicts respectfully and maintain a united front 
    • More important to be wrong and admit it than to be right in the first place 
    • Listen to each other 
    • You're working on creating meaningful experiences for people 
    • Play to each other's strengths 
    • Look to what needs to get done, not just the Constitution 
    • Stage Troupe teaches you forever skills 
  • Evan
    • Got the chairs out of 700 Beacon 
    • Theater Summit was really amicable 
    • Can't predict how you will work with any given group of people so be flexible 
    • Admitting you're wrong is a good thing 
    • Proud of how the VP position grew 
  • Abby
    • You'll learn how you work in a team setting 
    • Be flexible 
    • Be ready to problem solve on the spot 
    • Learn the names of the people in the other theater groups too 
  • Andy
    • Still need Summer Show producers 
    • Try to be understanding of each other 
    • Offer to help other people 
    • Lean on other E-Board members because they know what it's like 
    • Ask for help when you need it 
  • Lucy
    • Remember to have fun 
    • Everything will get done. It'll all happen
    • Everyone else is also having the busiest week of their lives, so be nice 
    • Find your people and help each other out 
  • Caitlin
    • Know your priorities for Stage Troupe and what makes you happy about doing it 
    • Learn people's names, especially on E-Board 
    • Try new things 
    • Remember that you're a team 
    • Laugh about stuff with the other Board members
  • ric
    • irst meeting is Important
    • The group has changed a lot and has remained remarkably consistent
    • Good to be working well with other groups
  • teve
    • on't be afraid to ask for advice
    • Don't be afraid to talk to Eric and Steve. Happy to have you vent to us
    • Remember the importance of the first couple weeks of school 


Other Check-Ins:

  • Alicia
    • Space signing is Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 
    • Making up Summer Show tech list
  • Steve
    • Did binder meeting with the new Board 

Executive Board Notes 4/29/18

  • Showcase Checkout
    • Fun time
    • Good group of people
    • Nice, easy tech week
    • Having two tech teams worked

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • Chris
    • Saw Milk Milk Lemonade
    • Helped with Showcase on Friday
  • Evan
    • Also saw Milk Milk Lemonade
    • Got a list of seniors for graduation cords
    • David reached out to book rehearsal rooms
    • Going to book BUSTies room for next year on Wednesday
    • Helped with Showcase on Saturday
  • Abby
    • Had Showcase all week
    • BUSTies - feeling good
    • Painting BUSTies today
    • All decorations have arrived
    • Received all roasts
  • Andy
    • Thanks Chris and Evan for helping with house during showcase
    • Submitted contract for No Exit
    • Sent contract to SAO
    • Needs last-minute catering withdrawals thing
    • CCing Chrissy on emails
  • Lucy
    • Uploaded N2N pictures to Facebook
    • Got sweatshirts, but some of the Mediums are a little wonky, so will contact CustomInk
    • One-Act went up for Showcase
  • Caitlin
    • Thanks to everyone for helping with Space Cleaning
    • Switched broken library bookshelf with another one
    • We have a TA elect - will be meeting this week to talk
    • Were some issues with the Space this week
    • Someone messed with the ShopVac
    • Did Showcase
  • Ariana
    • Had BUSTies meeting with Andrea. Feeling pretty good about it
  • Erin
    • Worked on a play with people from WM and SS
    • Made TA decision
  • Eric
    • Shipped N2N scripts back
    • Have to figure out last meeting

Executive Board Notes 4/22/18

  • Special Projects Check-Ins
  • BUSTies
    • Hosts
      • On track
      • Wrote part of opening monologue
      • Took promo photos today 
    • Event Managers
      • Have an EventBrite link 
      • Will be making absentee ballots
      • Starting slide show  
  • Murder Mystery 
    • Went well
    • People had fun 
    • Good turnout 
  • Summer Show
    • Director: David
      • Had auditions. Not many people showed up but has great cast
      • Probably won't be having a June 27th show because of conflicts 
      • Planning on meeting with everyone on Saturday 
      • Will have first formal rehearsal after classes are over
      • Ben Skross is coming on as AD
  • Showcase
    • Pipe and drape went up 
    • Not many people showed up
    • Cait needs to coordinate with Abby about what's going on this week 

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Went to OBOB 
    • Went to the Transition training 
  • Evan
    • Tabled auditions on Wednesday night
    • Booked rooms 
    • Went to transition training 
    • Made post about graduation cords. Everyone has to message Evan by midnight on Thursday to get a cord 
  • Abby
    • Worked one night of Summer Show auditions 
    • Assembling NomCom
    • Showcase is happening 
    • Updating VPSP guide for Ariana 
    • Reached out to Shiney 
    • Wants to have a stress-relief study period event 
  • Andy
    • Went into SAO with Abby and ordered chicken fingers for BUSTies
    • Working on reimbursements
    • Did five-light wash for Showcase 
  • Lucy
    • Had productive FaceTime convo with Kimmie to go over Secretary Guide
    • Made FB events for Summer Show auditions and Murder Mystery
    • Will make so many FB events this week and send out reminder email
    • Went to OBOB
    • Renewed our domain and switched all the website stuff over to Kim for the big Squarespace charge
    • Went to Transition Training 
    • Worked on BUSTies host stuff
    • Wrangled a cast together for Showcase and went to Move-In
  • Caitlin
    • Asked for SM keys for Abby so someone else has keys for the week
    • Led the Showcase move-in
    • Tabled auditions for an hour 
    • Opened the Space for Wandering Minds this week 
    • Been receiving interest for Summer Show tech 
    • Getting ready to promote Space Cleaning 
  • Eric
    • Got the rights for F&F
  • Ariana
    • Working on BUSTies
    • Tabled for Summer Show auditions  

Executive Board Notes 4/15/18

  • Next to Normal
    • Director: Lara
      • Made an impact 
      • There is a piano in the 700 Beacon rehearsal room now 
      • Hard to get a sense of the spacing in little room but made it work 
      • Hopping into the Student Theater before tech week would be helpful
      • Having an experienced MD was great 
    • AD: Kendall
      • Agrees with Lara's suggestions 
      • Had a great time as Assistant Director
      • Will hopefully pitch in the future
    • MD: Daniel
      • Drum set is dealt with
      • Tech week was crazy, but musically it went really well 
      • Pit and actors knew each other's names, which was great 
      • Super happy with how it went 
      • You need floor mics 
    • SM: Lena
      • Thankful that she was able to SM One-Acts before this 
      • Everything they ran into ended up working out 
    • TD: Alicia
      • Overall, the process was a positive one
      • Truly happy with how all the departments worked 
      • Highly recommend constant emails 
      • Sam really stepped up as ATD 
      • Everyone should be proud of the production
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Hectic, but a lot of fun
      • Everything went well 
      • The show was under budget
      • Ticket sales went really well-- sold out two nights 

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Gave a pep talk to N2N
  • Evan
    • Guest directed N2N
    • Booked some rooms
  • Abby
    • Worked on N2N
    • Summer Show auditions are this week 
    • Murder Mystery is happening on Friday
    • Showcase is happening 
    • Going to send out NomCom email tonight 
    • Little worried about lack of roasts in so far 
  • Andy
    • Had productive meeting with Chrissy this week
    • Helped out N2N this week with producers 
    • Congrats to all producers of the entire semester 
    • Need to update Treasurer and Producer guides 
    • Needs BUSTies stuff from Abby 
  • Lucy
    • Made Summer Show audition FB page
    • Promoted N2N
    • Will make Murder Mystery event, like now
    •  Saw Shakespeare Society show 
    • Went to BUSTies meeting today 
    • Need to swap over our domain to Squarespace. Website shouldn't go down, but will try to do that in the middle of the night just in case 
    • Did some housekeeping in Google Drive and email 
  • Caitlin
    • Made invoices 
    • Sent email to Showcase acts 
    • Sent out TD recaps this semester 
    • Lara donated a floor mic 
    • Has TA apps 
  • Ariana
    • Sent SAAD stuff to Steve 

Executive Board Notes 4/8/18

  • Next to Normal
    • Director: Lara
      • Having a ball 
      • Got a lot done this week 
      • Had a great run on Friday and in a really good place 
    • AD: Kendall
      • Going really well
    • MD: Daniel
      • Sitzprobe went really well
      • Drums were delivered today 
      • Going to set up keyboard area for run tonight 
    • SM: Lena
      • Set call times for every night and a leaving time
      • Transition of power going smoothly
      • Excited for this week
    • TD: Alicia
      • Move-in happened. It was super efficient 
      • Doing small touches to the set since 12:30
      • Lights are being prepared for tonight 
      • Every department is coming together 
      • Possible scheduling conflict with OBOB but it was resolved 
      • Conflicts need to be made aware immediately 
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Collected receipts all day 
      • Got a video out today 
      • Have more promo scheduled for the rest of the week 

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Helped with N2N build
  • Evan
    • Met with Erin and talked over the position 
    • Want to work on getting chairs out of 700 Beacon 
    • Going to make announcement about cords for graduation 
  • Abby
    • Had a BUSTies meeting with event managers
    • SAAD committee happened 
    • Showcase is happening 
    • Erin and Maggie's Check-in
      • Finalizing people to participate 
      • Working on rooms 
      • Will finish script by Tuesday
    • Met with Shiney James about Summer Show 
    • Thanks Lucy for getting ist of dues-paying members
  • Andy
    • Was in Heathers so busy week
    • Fixing the N2N Eventbrite
    • Meeting with Chrissy this week 
    • Will be helping N2N producers this week 
  • Lucy
    • Created N2N Facebook event 
    • Published sweatshirt order form
    • Updated secretary guide and sent to Kim
    • Was on N2N build 
    • Uploaded Jane the Plain and Smokefall photos to Facebook
    • Updated website for Next to Normal
    • Got list of seniors from Eventbrite for Abby 
  • Caitlin
    • Gave out LD and TD keys 
    • Retrieved SM keys 
    • Hard to have two non-Troupe shows happening at the same time 
    • Talked to Abby about Showcase 
    • Gave the division of power talk to the creative team 
    • Brought SAO-sponsored candy today 
    • Need to replace a blade in the Space 

Executive Board Notes 4/1/18

Show Check-Ins

  • Smokefall
    • Director: Conner
      • It went so well! 
      • Nuts on Sunday, but everything went really smoothly
      • Super happy 
      • Communication from the beginning was really helpful in pulling off this show 
      • Having rehearsals in one space was nice for cohesiveness 
    • TD: David 
      • Happy with how the week went 
      • Water and tree were two proudest accomplishments 
      • Strike went well. Shoutout to everyone
      • Big shoutouts to Andy and Liz 
      • Cam was awesome
      • Don't be afraid to think outside of the box 
    • SM: Andrea
      • Tech week went smoothly. Started late most nights but everyone got into the swing of things
      • Show nights went very well
      • ASMs got to call an act of the show on Friday
      • Happy with how everything went 
    • Producer: Zach
      • Will send in check out ASAP, recovering after track weekend
  • Next to Normal
    • Director: Lara
      • Things are going well 
      • Doing full runs this week 
      • In a really good place going into pre-tech week 
      • Cast sounds beautiful 
      • A few people from tech came to rehearsal this week 
    • MD: Daniel
      • Doing runs 
      • Drumset is still set for delivery 
      • Changed sitzprobe time 
    • TD: Alicia 
      • Feeling very good about build week
      • Readjusting to figure out movement of set pieces 
      • Met with all departments this past week
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Getting tech head shots this week 
      • Getting ready for the promo to launch this week
      • Whole producing team has their jobs for programs and shirts

        E-Board Check-Ins
  • Chris
    • Dealt with some reshuffling of tech crews 
    • Had Smokefall
  • Evan 
    • Helped out with ushering on Saturday night for Smokefall
    • Unlocked the Space
  • Abby
    • Assembled SAAD Committee
    • Sent out roasts email
    • Will be meeting with Shiney James about Summer Show
    • Helped Lucy with COMBAT ESA questions 
    • Need to talk to Caitlin about showcase tech 
  • Andy
    • Guesstimate for Charity Show is at least $3000 raised 
    • LD'ed this week 
    • Meeting with Chrissy after Heathers is done 
    • Helped collect dues at the GM this week 
    • Facilities people in the Theater are so nice. Should send them a thank-you note
  • Lucy
    • Filled out three ESA applications 
    • Promoted Smokefall
    • Sent GM recap email
  • Caitlin
    • Got keys back from Andy and David 
    • Wood order issue with N2N 
    • Opened the Space a lot this week 
    • Assistant stepped up a lot for Smokefall
    • Super need a Space Cleaning and dumpster is reserved
    • Needs to talk to Abby about Showcase 

Executive Board Notes 3/25/18

Show Check-Ins

  • Smokefall
    • Director: Conner
      • Moved in set and it looks great
      • Did paper tech with sound 
      • Someone is coming in to make a promo video tonight 
      • Squeezing in run tonight after GM 
    • SM: Andrea
      • Had last full run and lines are good 
      • Excited for this week
      • Paper tech with lights tomorrow
    • TD: David
      • Got keys from Cait
      • Move-in went very smoothly 
      • Big snaps to Andy and James for coming in to do lights 
      • Majority of elements will be in place for run tonight
    • Producer: Zach
      • Got many lamps for the lobby
      • Did link signups
      • Going to print out programs tomorrow
         
  • Next to Normal
    • Director: Lara
      • Everything is going well
      • Cast is so determined and great 
      • Blocking is all done 
    • AD: Kendall
    • MD: Daniel
      • Had two rehearsal with the pit 
      • Act 2 run through went really well 
      • Cast is great. Had optional rehearsal and they all showed up 
      • Invoice for drums will be emailed 
    • SM: Lena
      • Hard off book was great 
      • Photoshoot went well 
      • Some tech coming into rehearsal this week 
    • TD: Alicia
      • Going to do department meetings this  week 
      • Trying to get mics from SPS. We'll see what happens with that 
      • Things are moving 
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Did the headshots and it went really well 
      • Shirts and posters are in 
      • Have a Snapchat 
      • Wood order is in. Set to be delivered on March 30 
      • Getting cast and crew to sign up and fundraise for charity walk 
      • Amazon order date has passed
         
  • Maggie and Erin
    • Have concept, plot and characters for 700 Beacon Murder Mystery 
    • Going to have script for the first skit then cards for the rest of the evening 
    • Have a wild cast of characters
       
  • Esiri
    • Friend is helping with Smokefall sound design. Wants him to get credit in the program

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Met with a few people running for president 
    • Working on Smokefall
  • Evan
    • Booked a link table for Smokefall producing
    • Saw Little Shop
  • Abby
    • Getting stuff together for Showcase 
    • Pitches are open for Summer Show
    • Sending out roast email tonight
    • Lost name tag, but it was found! 
  • Andy
    • Gave camera to Hannah and Paulina for N2N 
    • Light designer for Smokefall
    • Asked Evan about link tables
  • Lucy
    • Made GM Facebook event
    • Sent out recap email from the last GM 
    • Talked to secretary candidate 
    • Promoting Smokefall
    • Shared nice articles 
    • Agreed to do a play for showcase 
  • Caitlin
    • Gave keys to Andy and David
    • Opened the Space a lot for people this week
    • Charity group is using the chalkboards again 
    • Had build week this week. New screws were nice to have 
    • LD for Smokefall had to drop so worked with David to figure it out 
    • Have one TA application in 
    • Thinking very minimal tech for Showcase 

GM #3 Recap

It was an exciting meeting! There's a lot to cover, so read on:

E-Board Nominations
We are so happy to announce the nominations for next year's Executive Board! It's so heartening to see such a great group of leaders step up to run for a position on Board. Elections will be held at the General Meeting next Sunday, March 25! It is highly, highly encouraged if you are running for an E-Board position that you chat with the current person in the position. 

President
Esiri Madagwa Jr
Alba Romero
Michelle Sandler

Vice President
Erin Callahan
Kevin Lorch

Vice President of Special Projects
Brian Rollins
Ariana Tortolani

Treasurer
Chrissy Sardano

Secretary 
Kim Zak


Fall 2018 Season
We are so thrilled to announce the main stage productions for the Fall 2018 season! We can't wait to see these visions come to life.
 

The Nerd
Directed by Flannery Gallagher

Gloria
Directed by Ben Skross


Merch
We have a sweatshirt! The purchase link will go up soon, so stay on the lookout for that. 

Showcase and Summer Show pitches
Still have an urge to direct? There are two more opportunities to pitch coming up in the next few weeks. Pitches for the Spring Showcase (similar to One Acts, but even more lowkey) are due Thursday, March 22! To pitch, just shoot an email over to abbyk@bu.edu with your idea. 

If you are going to be in Boston over the summer and want to stay involved with theater, you can pitch Summer Show! That event is held in conjunction with University Orientation throughout the summer and it's a really great way to introduce Troupe to the next generation. The pitch form for Summer Show can be found on the Troupe website under "Forms & Resources!" The pitch form and a copy of the script is due both by email to stage@bu.edu and in an envelope marked "Attn: Eric Jacobsen" delivered to MCS B17 by Friday, March 30 at 4 PM. Let anyone on E-Board know if you have questions or need help picking a show to pitch! 

TA Application
Our Executive Board is not complete without a Technical Advisor! This position is selected differently than the other E-Board positions. The application has been posted in the Facebook group and will be available on the Troupe website shortly. These applications are due by email to crf18@bu.edu on April 15 at 5 PM! Let the current TA, Caitlin, know if you have any questions about the position. 

BUSTies Hosts and Event Managers
What have we done? Honestly, it is with great trepidation that I announce the hosts of this year's BUSTies will be none other than Chris Remillard, Lucy Gamades (lol), and Harrison Richmond! Just kidding, we're really excited for round two and hope you are too. 

The more exciting news is that our very own Ariana Tortolani and Andrea Roman will be event managing BUSTies! They are sure to keep our shenanigans in check and we are very grateful to have them. 

We have another general meeting coming up this next Sunday, so stay tuned for that email and Facebook event! We'll be electing our '18-'19 Board at that meeting (!!!). 

In the meantime, keep truckin' on! Let's hope we either get another snow day this week or it starts to warm up, because I don't want this cold anymore.

Executive Board Notes 3/18/18

  • Smokefall
    • Director: Conner
      • Did a full run today
      • Working on character meetings this week 
      • Show is in such good shape
      • Thinking about tech already 
    • SM: Andrea
      • Rehearsals got scheduled until move-in
      • Rehearsals are going well. Lines are pretty good
    • TD: David
      • Build week email is in drafts right now
      • Build is this week. Super excited! Have some non-crew people helping
      • Got some newspapers for paper maché
      • Picking up package from SAO 
      • Everything going smoothly 
    • Producer: Zach
      • Want to advertise in the Link Monday-Wednesday of tech week
      • Thinking about ticket raffle
      • Has potential conflict during tech week
      • Needs lamps for lobby design
      • Released Eventbrite to families and then everyone else today
      • Filled out t-shirt forms
      • Question about stickers
         
  • Next to Normal
    • Director: Lara
      • Things are going well 
      • Had rehearsal and group bonding yesterday 
      • Had photoshoot this week 
      • Should be done with blocking tomorrow 
      • Cast is great 
    • AD: Kendall
      • It's her birthday!
    • MD: Daniel
      • Had an Act One sing through with the pit yesterday. It went really well 
      • Have another sing through scheduled for next week
      • Sitzprobe is scheduled for Saturday before move-in 
      • Helpful to incorporate pit early on 
    • SM: Lena
      • Everyone getting off book 
      • Started getting in contact with tech about coming to rehearsal 
    • TD: Alicia
      • Put in wood order 
      • Had tech meeting today 
      • Things are going well 
      • No foreseeable issues coming up 
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Got wood order in 
      • Given people deadline for Amazon orders 
      • Closed t-shirt deadline
      • Poster is about done 
      • On schedule with everything
         
  • Erin and Maggie
    • Want to pitch a 700 Beacon Murder Mystery special project 

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Met with a few people about running for Troupe president
  • Evan
    • Unlocked the theater for OB 
    • Gauged some VP interest
    • Participated in Capture the Flag 
    • Booked rooms for Board and the GM
  • Abby
    • Capture the Flag was wild and fun 
    • Reading committee happened
    • Showcase is happening. Pitches are due Thursday 
    • Summer Show will be happening soon
    • Have Event Managers for BUSTies and will maybe have hosts after tonight 
  • Andy
    • Submitting reimbursements and collecting receipts
    • Has list of people who have not paid dues 
    • Will be sending contracts to Next to Normal producers
    • Merch is happening 
    • Participated in Capture the Flag 
  • Lucy
    • Waited for the Smokefall wood order
    • Made Capture the Flag and Smokefall Instagram posts
    • Sent out reminder email
    • Made Capture the Flag and GM Facebook events 
    • Will add Smokefall to calendars tonight 
    • People responded to merch poll. Yay!  
    • Participated in Capture the Flag 
    • Talked to prospective Secretary candidate
  • Caitlin
    • Smokefall wood order was delivered to the wrong place
    • Little Shop crew helped carry the wood back 
    • David's been great all week 
    • Going to contact the dumpster man for Space Cleaning 
    • Updated the TA app and it will be posted tonight after the GM 
    • Chris is helping look over the TA apps this year to maintain impartiality 

Executive Board Notes 3/12/18

Show Check-Ins

  • Smokefall
    • Director: Conner
      • Did a full run before break and it was good 
      • This week, doing runs of individual acts. 
      • Scheduled through the end of this week 
      • Sage is coming to rehearsal to write story for Verge BU 
      • Sound has come in to watch the show 
    • SM: Andrea
      • Lines wise going well overall 
      • Will finish scheduling to end of the process today 
    • TD: David
      • Wood order has been placed 
      • Build week is next week 
      • Doing one more round of department meetings through the end of build week 
    • Producer: Zach
      • Had a photoshoot. It was great
      • Put in the wood order
      • Other Zach is editing the photos from the photoshoot
      • Made a Facebook page and SoundCloud
      • Making the FB event and talked it over with Lucy
      • Sending emails to newspapers and professors
      • Planned lobby design
         
  • Next to Normal
    • MD: Daniel
      • Gave cast Musescore files to practice with over break 
      • Pit is complete
      • Ordering drumset 
    • SM: Lena
      • Hard and soft off book dates are set 
      • Process is going smoothly 
    • TD: Alicia
      • Added four people onto the crew 
      • Have a set design 
      • Whole creative team is meeting on Friday 
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Had photoshoot today

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Met with SAO for last training 
    • Coordinated stuff with Evan and Caitlin about OB request
    • Gave Steve's email to Zach for Smokefall
    • Let the other presidents know about furniture in 700 Beacon 
  • Evan
    • Met with a potential candidate for E-Board nominations 
    • Dealt with workshop issue earlier today 
    • There's furniture in 700 Beacon now. Time to take back our furniture 
  • Abby
    • BUT formal happened. Having it in the spring was good 
    • Reading committee is happening 
    • BUSTies is coming up. Have event managers! 
    • People have contacted about roasts 
    • Capture the Flag is this Saturday 
    • Talking to potential VPSP candidates 
  • Andy
    • Counting up BUT Formal money with Zach
    • Will send out emails tomorrow about paying dues 
    • Producers for the shows are great 
    • Will make N2N event this week
  • Lucy
    • Talked to Smokefall producer about promo stuff 
    • Emailed with other E-Boards about tickets 
    • Posted first Smokefall podcast 
    • Made post about pitch extension 
    • Received emailed pitches
    • Will be sending out reminder email and making FB events during the snow day tomorrow
  • Caitlin
    • Might have to go to jury duty on Wednesday; need someone to open the space 
    • Navigating build stuff for David 
    • Talked to OB about Heathers rentals 
    • Lucy helped with issue today
  • Eric
    • Approved two deposits in OrgSync

Executive Board Notes 2/25/18

Show Check-Ins

  • Jane the Plain
    • Director: Babatunde
      • Wonderful process
      • Amazing for such a short amount of time 
      • Make sure everyone is happy and having fun 
      • Nice having an AD for cohesiveness and vision
    • SM: Jennifer
      • "Wow, that was fast"
      • Process went very well 
      • Actors were very on top of their lines 
      • Grateful for people to rely on around her 
    • TD: Francis
      • Focused on making sure cast and crew felt cohesive 
      • Everything went really well 
    • Producer: Andy
      • Producing felt really in the loop with the show
      • So hard to get producing stuff done in such a short amount of time
      • Sold out last show
         
  • Smokefall
    • Director: Conner
      • Ran the show and did a lot of scene work
      • Finished all character meetings with actors 
      • Super happy with where things are 
      • Met with producers to talk about lobby design and promo material 
      • Had photoshoot this morning 
      • Talked to Esiri about sound design 
      • Going to do another full run before spring break. Designers are planning to come to that 
    • SM: Andrea
      • This week was soft off book 
      • Tomorrow is hard off book 
      • Assistants are great 
      • Actors are doing well. Not worried 
    • TD: David
      • Finished department meetings this week
      • Looking at wood order 
      • Have set design and paint scheme 
      • Happy with how it's going 
    • Producer: Zach
      • Had photoshoot today
      • Working on podcasts
         
  • Next to Normal
    • Director: Lara
      • Done with most of blocking for Act One
      • Went with Alicia to department meetings this week 
      • Producers sent out t-shirt design 
    • AD: Kendall
      • Finalizing the set design 
      • All went to see Jane the Plain 
    • MD: Daniel
      • Had a full show sing-through yesterday
      • People were sick last week, but worked around it 
      • Had first pit rehearsal yesterday
      • Will need to schedule with Heathers because of overlap 
    • SM: Lena
      • Cast and creative team are really close
      • Master schedule has been working well 
      • Off book dates are pretty soon after spring break 
    • TD: Alicia
      • Met with almost all departments for department meetings 
      • Hoping to finalize cut list before break 
      • Thinking of ways to incentivize crew to go to rehearsals 
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Assistant producers are amazing 
      • Shirts should be ready to order in a few days 

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Stopped into Jane the Plain a few times to see how it was going 
  • Evan
    • Opened the theater for Lucas this morning
    • Helped Jane the Plain with strike 
    • Getting Smokefall and Next to Normal into the theater this week for rehearsal 
  • Abby
    • Acted in Jane the Plain
    • BUT Formal is this week 
    • Got responses from all theater groups for the formal and they are helping to set up
    • Getting decorations tomorrow from Target
    • Andy helped with request for BUPD officer for formal 
    • Capture the Flag is March 17. Probably around 3:30/4 
    • Going to put out feelers for reading committee this week 
    • Need to talk about dates for Summer Show 
    • Chatting with potential VPSPs
  • Andy
    • Haven't counted all the money for Charity Show yet, but made roughly $3000 total
    • Produced Charity Show
    • Has BUSTies budget for Abby 
    • Every member of Jane the Plain creative team communicated really well 
  • Lucy
    • Promoted Jane the Plain
    • Visited Jane the Plain during tech week
    • Sent out a late recap email for GM #2
    • Worked on merch stuff
    • Talked to OB about formal
    • Set up Little Shop photoshoot with Lucas 
  • Caitlin
    • Opened the Space for people this week
    • Gave David a Space key 
    • Using extra money in the budget to get stuff for the Space 
    • Flat bay is very full 

Executive Board Notes 2/18/18

Show Check-Ins

  • Jane the Plain
    • Director: Babatunde
      • Move-in was today
      • Making adjustments to costumes and props
    • AD: Chrissy
      • Everyone is really prepared
      • Show is going well
      • Cast gets along great
    • SM: Jennifer
      • Line through today
      • Most lines are down
    • TD: Francis
      • Move-in was super smooth
      • Excited for tech week 
    • Producer: Andy
      • Promo stuff went out today
      • Warren Towers poster should be up soon
         
  • Smokefall
    • Director: Conner
      • Blocked and ran the whole show
      • Spacing out full runs so cast doesn't get burnt out 
      • Conducted character meetings
      • Attended most department meetings 
    • SM: Andrea
      • Tomorrow is soft off book
      • Brought on Harrison as ASM
      • Rehearsal schedule set until spring break 
    • TD: David
      • Set design should be finalized by end of the week 
      • Went to a rehearsal with Cameron
      • Had most department meetings this week
    • Producer: Zach
      • Scheduling a date for the photoshoot
      • Working on poster designs
      • Recording podcasts this week
      • Going to start reaching out about show in the next week
         
  • Next to Normal
    • Director: Lara
      • Most of creative team is sick
      • Had meetings with Alicia and producing team 
      • Music should be done by spring break 
    • AD: Kendall
      • What Lara said! 
    • MD: Daniel
      • Act 1 is one group number away from being complete
      • Performing at BYOB, very excited about that 
      • Created MuseScore files so cast can practice at home 
    • SM: Lena
      • Made master rehearsal schedule until the show
      • Talked about SM role with new ASM, Maddie 
      • Rehearsal room is great 
    • TD: Alicia
      • Meeting with Lara was very productive 
      • Needs to talk set design 
    • Producers: Paulina and Hannah
      • Shirt forms in by tomorrow 
      • Photoshoot scheduled for March 12v

E-Board Check-Ins

  • Chris
    • Approved OrgSync
    • Saw VagMo
  • Evan
    • Resolved paint situation in Student Theater
  • Abby
    • Went into SAO to resolve logistics for BUT formal
    • Roast workshop tomorrow
    • Reached out to WM and SS to get them onboard with special projects
  • Andy
    • Dated Eventbrite account making it difficult to make new Eventbrites 
    • Facilities working on clogged sink in workshop
    • Helping Abby with SAO 
  • Lucy
    • At sorority recruitment this week
    • Started GM PowerPoint
    • Sent out reminder email 
    • Made FB Events for Second GM and Charity Show
    • Talked to OB about Formal FB event 
    • Submitted Jane the Plain to BU, Daily Free Press and Arts Boston calendars 
  • Caitlin
    • Need to buy stuff for space
    • Sink should be fixed Tuesday 
    • Move-in was great
  • Steve
    • Got to guest direct Jane the Plain
    • Excited to see finished product