Executive Board

Executive Board Minutes 2/18/19

Show Check-Ins:

Charity Show: The Burials

  • Directors: Sean D. and Aisha S.

    • Finished blocking the show early last week

    • Character work, restructured some difficult scenes

    • Today was soft off-book and first full run

    • Had to cancel Tuesday rehearsal; Tech Show jumbled week a bit, but got through it and made up for lost time today

    • Filmed this morning; will hopefully finish with filming by tonight

    • Cast bonding on Friday—looking forward to it

  • Producer: Devon M.

    • Took photos during rehearsals, being edited

    • Blaze fundraiser is ready to go

    • T-shirts arriving next week

    • Meeting this week with assistant producers

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Building—heading back to the Space to check in

    • A lot of what is needed already exists in the Space, which is good budget-wise

    • Waiting on raw film footage for editing

    • Projection screen has been ordered, should be here Wednesday

  • SM: Harrison R.

    • Have contracts to return to E-Board

    • Got some great advice from Lena about SMing

    • Cast attendance at rehearsals has been greatly improved

    • Had soft off-book—was a bit rocky, but overall very productive

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • only able to attend two rehearsals this week due to conflicts and sickness, but Siena and Emilee took over on other days

    • Will start holding character meetings next week

    • Hoping to attend tech meetings soon

  • AD: Siena G.

    • Missing Taylor towards beginning of week; things have been a bit chaotic + challenging re: scheduling, but making the best of it

    • Lots of material, but actors are doing well with it

    • Good combination of blocking and character work during rehearsals

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Taped the floor in 700 Beacon roughly

    • First tech meeting this morning; Emilee came to talk about the plot

    • Sharing script with tech team tonight

    • Sharing a poll with department heads to set up individual meetings

  • SM: Matt D.

    • Last week was a bit scary with scheduling and storm

    • Keeping health in mind, as people are getting sick

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • Very busy week, especially with Tech Show

    • Lots of long and productive rehearsals this week, including lots of acting and technique workshops and music rehearsals

    • Great meeting with Erin to go through the entire show and outline all tech elements

    • First tech meeting with full team this week; great to meet everyone and see and hear so much excitement

    • Creative team meeting today to discuss scheduling up until spring break

  • AD: Mandy R.

    • Looking to come up with different ways to approach giving notes in rehearsal

    • Feeling good; excited that we have planned ahead with rehearsal schedule

  • MD: Doug B.

    • By next Monday, all music will have been taught or read through

    • Working on scheduling individual meetings with cast members

    • Anticipating receiving materials—when should they expect to get them?

    • Waiting to hear back from Erin re: SPS

    • Planning a recording date for recorded show materials; hoping to borrow mics from Troupe rather than waiting on SPS mics to arrive

  • TD: Erin C.

    • Held a tech meeting

    • Working on scheduling department meetings

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Held a choreo rehearsal to make up for the time lost to illness last week

    • Held a movement/physicality workshop on Wednesday to get the cast thinking about new techniques and approaches to their roles. It was SUPER fun and a good stress-reliever

    • Also taught movement for a smaller number

    • Already hearing from cast members looking to schedule office hours, which is great

  • Producer: Rachel R.

    • Met with whole producing team and Chrissy on Friday to brainstorm and establish some goals

    • Alyssa is working on “logo” concepts for Warren poster, shirts, etc.

    • Planning to stop by rehearsals and set up social media accounts

    • Planning to talk to Abbey about scheduling and timeline

    • Has a friend with Pop Showdown on BUTV10—set up dates for Assassins team to participate in some history or presidential history trivia

  • SM: Abbey M.

    • Had long meeting about scheduling; went well; planned schedule up until spring break

    • Talked with Lena this week, got some SM advice

    • Challenge with conflicts this week; will hopefully smooth issues out

    • Cast bonding at Tech Show on Friday

    • Notified cast about Giving Day performance

    • Need to talk to Erin to book another room for rehearsal and to get tech into the rehearsal room

Busties Check-in: Devon M.

  • met with Andrea, Ariana, and other event managers this week; went over everything and assigned different tasks

  • Ideas rolling for theme, decorations, food, etc.

  • Super productive week

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Tech Show was fun

    • Gave division of power talk to both Noises Off and The Burials

    • Still has TA Event money

    • Nadia from Shakespeare Society asked if we could distribute Tech Olympics sign up—will do

    • Met with Erin Murdock from SAO on Friday

    • Replied to Class Gift Giving Day with times to film—tentatively scheduled for Wednesday from 4:30-5:00 pm

    • Picked up check from SAO

    • Heard from Mac about damage in the Student Theater after 20-Minute Musicals; working on repairs

  • VP: Erin

    • Participated in Tech Show

    • Booked an extra rehearsal room for The Burials

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Was in Tech Show

    • Did lots of work of BUSTies—met with the team and made a shared Google Drive

    • Met with Event Managers to go over responsibilities; meeting with Harrison and Sean to go over host responsibilities

    • Will talk with Chrissy about BUSTies budget and ticketing

    • Met with Mimi to plan for BUT Formal to brainstorm ideas and set up a meeting

    • Working on signing Troupe up for Relay for Life, which is Saturday April 13th

    • Noises Off might be interested in performing in Liquid Fun’s show

    • Need to make plans re: spring showcase

    • Checked in with Harrison about SM responsibilities

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Attended The Burials rehearsal on Thursday

    • Met with Assassins producing team on Friday

    • Checking in on details for Krispy Kreme fundraiser

    • Communicated with The Burials rights company

    • Noises Off payment and event both approved

    • Missed Noises Off producing team due to the storm; will reschedule

    • In communication with Emily from Everytown; working on getting a representative present during the run of the show

    • Fixing The Burials Eventbrite

    • Communicated with James about the Assassins materials, which should be here before March

    • Did hair and makeup for Tech Show

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Created Tech Show promotional material and published Facebook Event; promoted on social media

    • Helped with both Tech Show performances

  • TD: Alicia

    • Tech Show went well—thanks to everyone who participated!

    • Helping out with VagMo a lot

    • Scheduled lots of safety trainings for the future

    • Lots of work for Tech Show, including strike (thank you, Marcella!)

    • Attended various tech meetings

Executive Board Minutes 2/10/19

Show Check-Ins:

Charity Show: The Burials

  • Directors: Sean D. and Aisha S.

    • Started blocking—hoping to finish blocking by Tuesday

    • Held photoshoot

    • Held cast bonding

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Thrilled to start working with tech crew; sent out first email with dates and information

    • Contacted department heads

    • Sent out a schedule for department meetings happening this week

    • Meeting with Sean on Monday to finalize tech vision

    • Met ATDs!

  • SM: Harrison R.

    • Having difficulty managing the casts with their conflicts; feeling they don’t always adhere to expectations of rehearsal attendance

    • Collecting contracts, but haven’t been able to get them from people who aren’t attending; a bit frustrated with this dynamic

  • Producers: Devon M. and Lena M.

    • Met with assistants and designated responsibilities

    • Facebook page and Instagram are live

    • T-shirt link up and running; deadline is Tuesday

    • Finished up photoshoot; planning a day for headshots

    • Blaze fundraiser in the works

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • Rehearsals all this week; over half the show is blocked

    • Did a movement class on Friday for slapstick, safety

    • Emilee blocked a scene

    • Cast bonding—everyone getting along really well

    • Had a creative team meeting

  • AD: Emilee M.

    • Blocking going really smoothly, which is great

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Had a creative team meeting: discussed set design; will take ideas to set designer

    • Going to tape the floor in 700 Beacon this week for actors

    • Got tech lists—yay!—scheduling tech meeting and department meetings soon

  • Producer: Kendall G.

    • A few questions for Chrissy

    • Meeting with assistants this week to exchange ideas and make sure they get the most out of experience

  • SM: Matthew D.

    • Tech Show throwing a bit of a wrench in the schedule; smoothing out wrinkles

    • Everything going smoothly otherwise

    • Excited to have an ASM

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • First week of rehearsals and character meetings went well

    • Lots of conflicts; need to get the hang of scheduling

    • Set up a meeting with Erin for next week

  • MD: Doug B.

    • Confirmed a couple more pit members; just need to fill two more positions

    • Music rehearsals have been going well! Lots of talent in the cast

    • Discussed music tech needs with Erin

    • Will have fewer weekday conflicts from now on which should allow for more frequent music rehearsals

  • AD: Amanda R.

    • On the right track with blocking and character work

    • Excited for movement and acting workshops

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Auditions went well (dance callback was super fun!)

    • Had to change rehearsal plans due to having a fever

  • TD: Erin C.

    • Got tech team! Will email them soon

    • Trying to establish a good relationship early on between tech and actors

    • Going to tape out the floor in 700 Beacon

    • Met with James

  • Producers: Chynna B. and Rachel R.

    • Working out department budgets tonight

    • Producing team meeting on Friday with APs

    • Secured a BU Today photographer for tech week

  • SM: Abbey M.

    • Having some frustration with last-minute conflicts and adherence to attendance

    • Planning cast bonding for Tech Show

    • Excited for ASMs

    • Need to make a new plan for scheduling bc current system isn’t working great

    • Trying to schedule a creative team meeting

  • President: Alba

    • Delivered division of power talk to Assassins, giving one to Noises Off and The Burials this week

    • Had tech show rehearsal

    • Went to TA Event; got pied; money in Venmo is transferring

    • Went to Tech Show move in

    • Marcella reached out on behalf of giving day with another opportunity for Stage Troupe

    • Meeting with Erin Murdock scheduled for Friday 2/15 at 1 PM

    • Ordered new name tags

  • VP: Erin

    • Looking for a room for The Burials to take headshots on Wednesday

    • Tech show rehearsal

    • Went to TA Event; ducked her pie

    • Spoke with James about looking at the electrical in Student Theater

    • Booked backcourt for BUT Formal 3/21

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • TA Event went really well!

    • Announced full BUSTies team—super excited to work with them; will start meeting with them soon

    • Setting up a meeting with Wandering Minds and Shakespeare Society to continue planning BUT Formal

    • T-shirt link closes next Sunday

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • The Burials rights company still hasn’t received payment, although SAO says payment

    • Purchase order for vacuum received and approved

    • Assassins payment approved

    • Reimbursements should be arriving soon and/or have already arrived

    • Met with The Burials team, finalized Blaze fundraiser

    • Meeting with other show producing teams on Friday

    • Reached out to Everytown for information for lobby

    • Helped with TA Event

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Published TA Event Facebook Event and promoted TA Event on social media

    • Shared casting call for The Burials and communicated with auditionees

    • Received an email from an alum requesting that we review production photos from ‘06 production of Lend Me A Tenor

    • Helped with TA Event, auctioned off some items, got pied. 10/10 would do it again

  • TD: Alicia

    • Lots of safety trainings this week

    • Opened up the Space for VagMo

    • VagMo rental agreement should go through soon

    • Published tech lists

    • Tech show rehearsals

    • TA Event

 

Executive Board Minutes 2/3/19

Show Check-Ins:

Tech Show

  • SM: Marcella M.

    • Jesse is organizing tech meetings during rehearsals—TBD; will be sure to be there for that

    • Read through was very fun

Charity Show: The Burials

  • Directors: Sean D. and Aisha S.

    • Auditions went great

    • One actor dropped the show—working on filling the role

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Talked to Alicia about different scene settings

    • Making progress on projection planning

    • Setting up materials for tech crew

    • Looking forward to Tech Meeting tomorrow

  • Producers: Devon M. and Lena M.

    • Planing headshots/photoshoot

    • working on a graphic for stickers, shirts, etc.

    • Will talk to Chrissy re: paperwork for Everytown

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • Met with Alicia to go over set elements, door placement, for blocking purposes

    • Started blocking

    • Prepared callback materials

    • Allocated responsibilities with ADs

    • Talked with Kendall about promoting the show off-campus

    • Matt will join for auditions

    • Can’t be at auditions on Tuesday until closer to 7 and cannot be there after 7 on Wednesday—working with ADs to organize auditions; will make announcement at GM

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Reading through the script and making note of tech elements

    • Creative team meeting on Sunday to discuss set design and props, which will be introduced into rehearsals as early as possible

    • Attending Tech Meeting tomorrow

    • Planning on starting to have department meetings starting next week—super excited!

  • Producer: Kendall G.

    • Excited about 3 assistants—reaching out to them tonight to arrange a meeting for the week

    • Full creative team meeting went really well

    • Trying to meet with Taylor, Emilee, and Siena to talk about creative vision

    • Met with Chrissy

  • SM: Matthew D.

    • Rehearsal schedule nearly finalized; should be able to send it out by tonight

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • Had first read-through on Saturday—cast is amazing, very excited

    • Met with Abbey to discuss rehearsal schedule (short- and long-term)

    • First rehearsal tomorrow

    • Met with Chynna and Rachel on Saturday to discuss producing ideas

    • Met with Erin and Alicia to talk about various tech elements

    • Looking forward to tech meeting

  • MD: Doug B.

    • Finished all learning tracks

    • Working on click track for entire show

    • Pit nearly filled out

    • Musical callback cuts have been selected and prepared

    • Hoping for extra pipe and drape to surround pit backstage (Alicia: if we don’t have pipe and drape available, we can make barriers out of set pieces, blankets, etc.)

  • AD: Amanda R.

    • Collecting lots of research for each individual role: finished last night and made accessible to people to prepare for auditions

    • Blocking 3 scenes—did research to prepare

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Auditions went well (dance callback was super fun!)

    • Attended read-through; cast is amazing—can’t wait to work with them

  • TD: Erin C.

    • Met with James and went through script and score thinking about tech elements

    • Will tape out the set plan on the floor in 700 Beacon

    • Tech meeting tomorrow and a TD meeting this week

    • Will talk with producers about working with SPS

  • Producers: Chynna B. and Rachel R.

    • Very productive meeting with James and Mandy

    • Working on a rough marketing timeline

    • Went over individual focuses

    • Will reach out to assistant producers to set up a meeting

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Ran auditions and callbacks, then mediations and negotiations for casting

    • Opened the Space for OB to have their tech meeting

    • Received an email from Erin from SAO—will find a good available time to meet

    • We need one more elective training to fulfill Troupe’s requirements—Alicia volunteered

    • Setting up meetings with creative teams to go over

    • Office hours will now only be on Mondays from 12-2 PM

  • VP: Erin

    • Ran auditions

    • Created callback schedules for people called for multuple shows/grows

    • Talked to people from WM and SS for feedbcak on joint holding rooms

    • Devon has Student Theater next weekend for The Burials

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Helped run auditions

    • Preparing for TA Event: Alicia’s Amazing Aquatic Adventure

    • Made TA Event Facebook Event cover photo; sent to Kim

    • Officially has two event managers for BUSTies and currently looking for assistants, which is super exciting! Still also looking for hosts and seniors who want to be roasted

    • BUT Formal: Wandering Minds and Shakespeare Society not keen on moving the event off-campus; Wandering Minds suggested looking at alternative dates

    • New shirt order link is finally live until the 17th—will share in Facebook group

    • Sharing SM advice with Harrison

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Helped run auditions and callbacks

    • Had a head producer workshop

    • Sending out a message tonight to all the producing teams

    • Announced assistant producers—great teams all around

    • Received confirmation for The Burials payment; waiting to hear from rights company to make sure they received it

    • All Eventbrites and Orgsync events are approved and live

    • Waiting to hear MA MTI rep for new contract for Assassins with full reference score

    • Dropping off money from assassins at SAO (probably tomorrow)

    • Making promo materials for tech show

    • Still working on communicating with SAO re: reimbursement process

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Contacted directors with information about the audition, callback, and casting week process

    • Very busy with Assassins auditions, callbacks, and casting all week

    • Posted and sent out callback lists and cast lists

    • Published Tech Meeting FB Event

  • TD: Alicia

    • Assigned SMs and TDs!

    • Met with SMs to talk about expectations for the process and go over information

    • Met with James and Erin about Assassins tech needs

    • Met with tech contact for VagMo and sent a rental agreement

    • Helped run auditions

    • Opened up tech form; closes Tuesday

    • Scheduling Tech Show rehearsals for the week; met wit hJesse on Thursday to go over tech things. Super excited!

    • Space is fixed; hopefully we won’t have any further issues

Marcella M:

  • Class Gift Committee looking to see if Stage Troupe is interested in performing on Giving Day—possibly Assassins

Executive Board Minutes 1/27/19

Show Check-Ins:

Charity Show: The Burials

  • Directors: Sean D. and Aisha S.

    • Prepared all the audition material

    • Blocked a few scenes

    • Met with producers to talk about design and promotion

    • Met with SM to split up roles as co-directors

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Reviewing script, noting technical elements

    • Meeting with directors before GM

    • Looking forward to getting tech lists and diving in

Noises Off

  • Director: Taylor H.

    • Met with Alicia to go over set elements, door placement, for blocking purposes

    • Started blocking

    • Prepared callback materials

    • Allocated responsibilities with ADs

    • Talked with Kendall about promoting the show off-campus

    • Matt will join for auditions

    • Can’t be at auditions on Tuesday until closer to 7 and cannot be there after 7 on Wednesday—working with ADs to organize auditions; will make announcement at GM

  • AD: Emilee M.

    • Really excited!

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Started reading script

    • Meeting soon to discuss tech elements

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

  • MD: Doug B.

    • Finished all learning tracks

    • Working on click track for entire show

    • Pit nearly filled out

    • Musical callback cuts have been selected and prepared

    • Hoping for extra pipe and drape to surround pit backstage (Alicia: if we don’t have pipe and drape available, we can make barriers out of set pieces, blankets, etc.)

  • AD: Amanda R.

    • Collecting lots of research for each individual role: finished last night and made accessible to people to prepare for auditions

    • Blocking 3 scenes—did research to prepare

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Working on a cut for dance/movement callback

  • TD: Erin C.

    • Meeting with James and Alicia to go through tech elements

    • Received tech folder on Google drive from James

    • “I’m excited!!!!!”

  • Producer: Chynna B.

    • Getting familiar with show material

    • Meeting with Rachel this week to brainstorm ideas and discuss roles as co-producers

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Met with Mac on Thursday to finish up casting week conversation

    • Went to Splash 2.0

    • Went to first tech show read through

    • Filled out GM slide

    • Will be contacting SMs to schedule times to meet with creative teams to give division of power talks (after auditions)

    • Helping to run auditions, callbacks, and casting

    • Approached by Marcella: Class Gift has asked Assassins to perform at Giving Day: April 4th

  • VP: Erin

    • Joined Assassins team as TD

    • Ready for auditions

    • Went to Tech Show read-through

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Went to Splash 2.0

    • Went to tech show read-through

    • Talked to Chrissy about collecting Assassins payments; writing an email with the rules to send to participants; game will start after midnight

    • Organizing TA Event and working with The Burials directors

    • Still looking for BUSTies hosts

    • Still looking for a venue for BUT Formal

    • Someone brought up doing Relay For Life as a Troupe event

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Went into SAO to work out MTI contract for Assassins—emailing MA rep, Brett, for an invoice and updated, filled-out contract

    • Heard from a number of people that still haven’t received reimbursements; figuring out the status on those—especially those that have already been approved

    • Spoke to SAO event staff re: approving the Noises Off Orgsync event

    • Finished submission for Noises Off and Assassins Eventbrites

    • Scheduled head producer workshop for Monday; will have separate meeting after with Devon and Lena to go over Charity Show specifics and fundraising ideas

    • Received confirmation on the Charity Show Warren poster reservation—now all three shows have the capability to use it should they want to

    • Reached out to SAO for confirmation on The Burials payment—check was sent and they should be receiving/ should have already received it; sent follow up email to the rights company for The Burials to confirm payment

    • Completely updated the producer guide and sent to head producers

    • Contacted Pavement about their annual donation to Troupe

    • Determined budgets and made budget spreadsheets for each show—sending to the head producers

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Made and promoted Facebook Events for GM #1 and auditions

    • Posted reminders about Splash 2.0 on social media accounts

    • Sent out an email with event reminders

    • Corresponding with lots of potential new members, which is exciting!

    • Made new flyers and new Splash 2.0 poster

    • Contacted directors with information about Splash 2.0 and GM #1

    • Made GM #1 presentation template and shared

    • Went to Splash 2.0 and hosted Instagram Q & A which went surprisingly well!

  • TD: Alicia

    • Assigned TDs and SMs

    • Meeting with TDs and SMs to listen to their expectations and to go over questions

    • Had Tech Show meeting

    • Met with Noises Off creative team

    • Finished up the new tech form

    • Going to the Space to deal with a leak

    • Helping run auditions, callbacks, casting

    • Meeting with James and Erin

Executive Board Minutes 1/21/19

Show Check-Ins:

Charity Show: The Burials

  • Director: Sean D.

    • Concern: main piece of set is a projection screen which can significantly alter set design depending on screen size and projector

    • Heard that SAO/SPS will cover cost of renting projector and screen as needed

    • Going through blocking and preparatory work with Aisha

Noises Off - not at E-Board

Assassins

  • Director: James R.

    • Team was super busy over break

    • Most of the show is blocked save for two scenes and Amanda’s scenes

    • Meeting with Amanda later this week; she has been working really hard on research and planning

    • Lots of preparation work for SM, tech, and producing teams, including vision and wants/wishes/needs for Alicia; left everything open-ended to give tech team more creative freedom

    • Really looking forward to getting a tech team and working with them

    • Audition and callback cuts are prepared

    • Planning an alternative audition so people can choose to sing or not sing

  • MD: Doug B.

    • Finished all learning tracks

    • Working on click track for entire show

    • Pit nearly filled out

    • Musical callback cuts have been selected and prepared

    • Hoping for extra pipe and drape to surround pit backstage (Alicia: if we don’t have pipe and drape available, we can make barriers out of set pieces, blankets, etc.)

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Had long meeting with James to go through all dance and movement throughout the show; lots of ideas and inspiration

    • Started working on larger dance/movement numbers

    • Picked a piece for movement callback

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Talked with other presidents to confirm GM room and times

    • Participated in SAO focus group

    • Communicating with Mac to prepare for audition week and casting

    • SPLASH 2.0—have to decide which four will attend

    • Participating in Tech Show

    • Troupe won first place in class gift competition!

  • VP: Erin

    • Planned audition rooms and sent out spreadsheets and Slack invites

    • Spoke with other groups about logistics

    • Talked to building superintendent of Agganis re: repairs

    • Booked rooms for the season including GM room

    • Working on booking a space for BUT Formal

    • Participating in Tech Show

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Did sign-ups for Assassins (the game, not the show) and sent out email with instructions; will collect money at GM #1

    • Planning TA Event; reaching out to local companies for prize donations (with some success!); talking to Sean and Aisha to get them excited about TA Event

    • Hosting TA Event with Alicia

    • Will have sign ups for senior roasts at GM #1

    • BUT Formal: trying to set a date with Shakespeare Society and Wandering Minds

    • Smoothing out wrinkles with shirt order link

    • Thinking ahead on Spring Showcase

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Made producer forms and assigned head producers—teams are great; assistant producer apps are now out

    • Scheduling meeting with producing heads this week to have a head producer workshop to get everyone on the same page

    • Submitted remaining reimbursements from last semester

    • All rights payments have been submitted; awaiting confirmation

    • All Orgsync events for shows are submitted

    • Spring dues Eventbrite is live; Eventbrites for mainstage shows are in the process

    • Submitted midyear review

    • Eric submitted new contract for Assassins (old contract expired)

    • Submitted all Warren poster reservations; leaving Warren poster decisions up to head producers

    • Contacted Dean Battaglino to discuss reimbursement process

    • Participated in SAO focus group

    • Brainstorming fundraising ideas for Charity Show and in general

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Uploaded old minutes

    • Designed new graphics for social media, including new season banner

    • Designed new shirts; sent designs and logo files to Ariana

    • Updated the website for the spring season; started filling out calendar

    • Created a new site page for audition & callback FAQ

    • Submitted promotional media to SAO for SPLASH 2.0

    • Transferred Troupe’s production photo archive from Flickr to new Shutterfly account

    • Uploaded Fall season production photos, but having trouble with 2018 Summer Show photos—will contact producers

    • Contacted spring season directors and shared their spotlight posts

    • Reached out to writing program for information on “The Theater Now” courses

    • Sent a back-to-school email with reminders for events happening in the first few weeks of the semester

    • Made Facebook event for GM #1

    • Communicated with BU Today for photo opportunity; meeting them on Wednesday

    • Got keys from Erin at board

  • TD: Alicia

    • Put out TD and SM application earlier than usual

    • Having Tech Meeting on Monday after audition week rather than Sunday

    • Willing Suspensions rentals should have gone through

    • Sent out emails to TAs outlining the semester; didn’t receive any feedback through feedback forms

    • Communicating with VagMo TD about tech needs

    • Tech Show’s tech week matches up with VagMo’s tech week, and Charity Show tech week is during same week of Playwrights’ show

    • Planning Tech Show—super excited

    • Missing chairs from the booth

    • Fixed the tech form to reflect applicants’ concerns

Executive Board Minutes 12/16/18

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Went to president theater summit

    • Picked a date for BUT Formal: March 22: Troupe and Wandering Minds planning

    • Found photo backdrop during Space cleaning to use for BUT Formal

    • Met with Mac to follow up from last meeting

    • Went to Space cleaning

    • Self-Care Sunday was lots of fun!

    • Clarified with Angel in SAO that we need the Student Theater for the TA Event

  • VP: Erin

    • Went to Space cleaning

    • Went to Self-Care Sunday

    • Checked on plaque company to update award plaques

    • Messaged facilities about Student Theater maintenance

    • Got confirmation from Crystal re: ST bookings

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • No check-in

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Sent GM #4 recap email

    • Created Self-Care Sunday Facebook event

    • Attended Space cleaning and Self-Care Sunday; loved both!

    • Created paint cabinet inventory—will send to Alicia

    • Has some stuff to donate to Troupe’s costume inventory

  • TD: Alicia

    • Coordinating with Ruby to clean up OB corner

    • Space cleaning went really well: every show qualified

    • Contacted strike felons

    • Talking to Liz about creating a lights cleaning day for next semester

    • Dysfunctional electrical is documented in the booth—makes it easier to identify problems for facilities to fix

    • Thinking about fixing prop rental system

    • Will be posting images of things left at Space cleaning into Facebook group: if they aren’t retrieved, they will be absorbed into Troupe or donated

Executive Board Minutes 12/9/18

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Gave summer show and The Nerd door ticket sales cash to Chrissy

    • Participating in Nom-Com 

    • Reached out to other presidents about shared GM next semester

    • Held office hours: had members come present a lights area focus for Space cleaning and lights workshop to clean up the lights 

    • Members presented having ASL interpreters at shows

    • Saw Big Fish

    • Will be at GM and Self-Care Sunday

  • VP: Erin

    • Saw Big Fish

    • Booked the GM room

    • Participating in Nom-Com

    • Sent out room feedback forms to creative teams 

    • Started filling out midterm review for SAO

    • Confirmed Splash 2.0

    • Filled out feedback forms

    • Sent maintenance requests to facilities for Student Theater

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Nom-Com; made ballots for BUSTies voting at GM

    • Have been getting absentee ballots: 24-hour deadline for the email

    • Talked to Shaina about Senior Divas; hoping to hear back soon

    • Saw Big Fish

    • Planning Self-Care Sunday; ordering face masks and gingerbread houses 

    • Looking at the calendar next semester to plan BUT Formal

    • Has an assassins sign up sheet

    • Has money from summer show for Chrissy

    • Wants to meet with Sean and Aisha to discuss Charity Show 

    • Filled out feedback forms

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Returned Hair materials 

    • Finished reimbursements 

    • Looking into fundraisers for the spring semester

    • Making more databases for Troupe

    • Figuring out contract payments; will be submitting the money tomorrow

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Not at board; in the hospital—thank you Erin for taking notes!

    • Created Facebook events for GM #4 and Space Cleaning

  • TA: Alicia

    • Sent out tech recap email and TD feedback forms

    • Space cleaning dumpster confirmed!

    • Finalized rental for Big Fish

    • Let Active Minds to get their chalk boards; they’ll be returning it tomorrow 

    • Opened the Space a bunch 

Executive Board Minutes 12/2/18

Show Check-Outs

Our Resident Shakespearean: Threat Level Methane (One Acts)

  • Ham Night or Twelvelet or Much Ado About Nothing: Brian R.

    • Fun, liked it, it went well!

    • This was a much more laid back/relaxed experience than before; actors were very easy to work with; used democratic approach

  • The Chilling Adventures of Remy the Rat: Taylor H.

    • Went better than could have hoped

    • Thanks to Chrissy for filling in for Mary when she was sick!

  • Threat Level Midnight: Sage H. and Sean D.

    • Had tons of fun throughout the entire process

    • Cast was amazing

    • What she learned: don’t stress, trust the process, and start communicating with tech as early as possible. Have cast bonding too!

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Had fun

    • Everyone was very helpful

    • First time TD; learned a lot, tried a lot of new things

  • SM: Kim Z.

    • First time as an SM and so glad to have had the experience

    • Huge thank you to Matt for being a great ASM and filling in when I couldn’t be there

    • For future One Acts festivals: introducing the SM as early as possible would be helpful, because some people seemed to not know who was in charge despite the communication. Perhaps a division of power talk with directors and other creative team members would be beneficial.

  • Producer: Devon M.

  • Nice and stress-relieving to have lots of APs; all very helpful and it’s great to give lots of people experience,

  • would recommend any of APs to be a head producer in the future

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • At One Acts all week for sound

      • Office hours as usual

    • Has the recording of The Nerd

    • Responded to Angel’s email re: theater bookings

  • VP: Erin

    • Worked on One Acts hair & makeup

    • Got Student Theater bookings from SAO

    • Making feedback form about rehearsal spaces

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • One Acts: people had fun and the audience turnout was great

    • Working on BUSTies voting (ballot); will send to Nom-Com

    • Waiting to hear back from Shaina about Senior Divas

    • Need to set a time for Self-Care Sunday

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Received contract for Noises Off from Samuel French

    • Waiting on payment for all 3 mainstage shows from SAO

    • Submitted OB’s rental payment for Footloose and Hair

    • Messaged mainstage producers to remind them to complete reimbursements

    • Helped with producing and costumes for One Acts; acted on Friday

    • Sending back Hair scripts tomorrow

    • Sending out feedback form to One Acts producers

  • Secretary: Kim

    • SM for One Acts—a crazy week

    • Made the One Acts Facebook event and promoted on social media

    • Sent out GM #4 reminder email

  • TA: Alicia

    • Decided on date for Space cleaning—12/15 starting at 9 AM

    • Finalized tech feedback forms

    • Did lights for One Acts

    • Lots of rental agreements with OB

    • Both Shakespeare Society and OB have been in the Space this week—a little hectic

    • Lots of leaks in the Space on Monday night—some materials damaged

    • Sent out TD recaps

Executive Board Minutes 11/4/18

Show Check-Outs:

The Nerd

  • Director: Flannery G.

    • An amazing process

    • Being a smaller cast, having lots of conflicts was challenging for productivity and staying positive; for future directors, find balance between being understanding of conflicts and emphasizing the commitment you make when you join a show

    • Always try to make new members feel welcome and a part of Troupe

    • Learned that you always need to work with your team rather than against, no matter how frustrated you might feel

  • TD: Zach L.

    • At the beginning of the process, would have liked to have had tech lists announced sooner

    • Lots of problems with SAO

    • For future TDs: meet with set designer and MC earlier on to have extra time for wood order

  • SM: Rachel R.

    • First time as an SM—very different from being an ASM

    • Challenged by leadership role, but learned a lot and enjoyed growing with the team

    • Agrees with helping new members feel more welcome

    • Great having two assistants and learning from each other

  • Producer: Ruth J.

    • Not first producing experience, but first experience with Stage Troupe

    • Relied on assistants a lot, and they did wonderfully

    • Maybe fall producers should meet with Chrissy and revamp producer’s handbook

    • Enjoyed getting to work on a comedy and with such a great team; very rewarding

    • A few more shirts to hand out

Show Check-Ins

Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical

  • Director: Syd R.

    • Had first soft off-book on Wednesday; went well

    • Moved hard off-book run due to absences

    • Photoshoot yesterday was fun and pain-free

    • Really really pleased with how everything has turned out—thank you to producers

    • Ahead of schedule—tech week off to a good start

    • Cast made protest posters for promotional material

  • MD: Ben C.

    • Actors still getting used to the click track

    • Sitzprobe coming up on Saturday

    • Attended photoshoot

    • little worried about transitioning equipment into Student Theater; band has minimal space backstage

  • Choreographer: Arielle K.

    • Got a lot done this week

    • Got shirts from producers and they are amazing!

    • Today was last major cleaning day

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Received wood order on Friday

    • Paint has still not been delivered; calling SAO and Home Depot on Monday

    • Most POs are in

    • Got the wigs in time with photoshoot and they look great

    • Had final tech meeting; trying to make sure all of crew gets their photos taken for lobby

    • A little behind on costuming

    • Reviewing light plot

  • ASM: Harrison R.

    • Soft off-book went really well; cast is working so hard

  • Producers: Andrea R.

    • Had photoshoot yesterday! Really happy with outcome

    • Had Facebook takeover today

    • Sent out shirt order form to cast

    • Eventbrite link will be released to public on Wednesday to give cast and crew friends and family priority with getting tickets

Due to time constraints, E-Board forewent regular check-ins today.

Executive Board Minutes 11/25/18

Show Check-Outs

Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical

  • Director: Syd R.

    • Sold out whole weekend!

    • Strike went well

    • Returning scripts to rights company

    • Really loved directing—easier than anticipated

    • Felt like E-Board was good for giving advice and guidance

    • Actor contracts were helpful

  • MD: Ben C.

    • It has been a pleasure working with such a hardworking and talented team

    • Audition and callback process was stressful and needs to be addressed

    • For future creative teams: communication is key; make sure to keep everyone in the loop at all times

    • For future MDs: be aware that using a digital sound system in the Student Theater can be susceptible to interference from equipment used by Agganis Arena

    • Overall, one of the best show experiences yet

  • Choreographer: Arielle K.

    • Such a beautiful product and process—feeling grateful

    • On-campus outreach was really effective

    • Appreciated having E-Board and advisor support through challenges

    • For future creative teams: make sure to check in with each other on a human level and stay in constant communication

    • Everyone needs more dance in their lives!

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Tech process was simple and went smoothly overall though sometimes intensive

    • Easy to work with creative team

    • Everything came in on time—yay!

    • E-Board was very supportive

    • For future TDs: reach out to other TDs to offer to help with their shows

    • In the future, all technical directors could be announced together

    • Recommends Kendall for being a TD in a heartbeat

  • SM: Ariana T.

    • Has 15 scripts and 2 music books returned

    • Announce SMs earlier to avoid confusion and improve communication—before rehearsal process; also involve producers and tech teams earlier in process

    • 700 Beacon worked well for rehearsal, but would be beneficial to find a space that doesn’t go back to back with OBOB

    • Has a lot of confidence with Harrison

    • Would have liked multiple ASMs

    • Contracts were effective; gave grounds for talking about attendance

      Stick together as a team, present a united front

    • Thanks to Eric and Steve!

  • Producers: Andrea R. and Sage H.

    • Had a great time producing

    • Co-head producers worked well, but can sometimes be a challenge to communicate

    • Would be helpful to have division of power talk sooner

    • For future producers: start tasks sooner (reserve Warren poster in advance!) and stay in communication with SAO; learn Photoshop

Show Check-Ins

One Acts

  • Threat Level Midnight: Sage H.

    • Received rehearsal schedule for tech week

    • Made a tech folder—thanks Katie!!

    • Cast is sending conflicts

    • Trying to rehearse outside the theater for one night

  • The Chilling Adventures of Remy the Rat: Taylor H.

    • Got in touch with cast last week, but couldn't find a time to rehearse before tech week

    • Got the script from Erin and Maggie

    • Sent script to tech departments; sent Katie tech needs, wants, and wishes

    • Wrote some blocking into script online for actors

    • Blocking the entire show with actors tomorrow 

    • Soft off-book is Tuesday, hard off-book is Wednesday

  • Residents: Chinda E.

    • Held a lot of rehearsals in the past two weeks

    • Two scenes left that aren’t entirely blocked

    • Clint has list of tech needs that will be sent to Katie

    • No musicians tomorrow

  • Ham Night or Twelvelet or Much Ado About Nothing: Brian R.

    • Is a mess but it’s fine

    • First rehearsal tonight; going over character work

    • Sent script to actors

    • Getting a tech list to Katie

  • TD: Katie L.

    • Spoke to directors over email about tech needs

    • Sent out lists and scripts

    • Talked to Kim about call times

    • Tech at 6, run at 8

    • Move in is tomorrow at 5 pm

    • Received Space keys from Brian at board

  • SM: Kim Z.

    • Trying to be useful despite physical ailment

    • Sent out schedule for tech week via email; included all contact info

    • Planning week with Katie and Matt—so excited to work with them!

  • Producer: Devon M.

    • Producing is going well

    • Met with Chrissy before break; going to meet with producing team tomorrow

    • Dividing tasks based on interest and skill

    • Eventbrite issue that’s being fixed

    • Overall show title: “Our Resident Shakespearian: Threat Level Methane”

Open Board Business:

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Had office hours

    • Been in conversation with Vagmo director; should hear from them re: theater bookings

    • Did sound for Hair one night

    • Hair strike went well

    • Let Big Fish know that they could use the theater Sunday

    • Doing sound for One Acts

  • VP: Erin

    • Worked on Hair

      Booked rooms for next semester

      Working on One Acts

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Has Hair scripts; need to be returned

    • Communicating with One Acts Directors

    • Preparing for Nom Com for GM #4

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Not at E-Board today—flying back to Boston

    • Didn’t do much this week due to being in the hospital

    • SMing One Acts—very excited!

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Sent messages to all the producers about reimbursements

    • Submitted The Nerd reimbursements and cash from door ticket sales for Hair

    • Sent feedback forms to Hair producers

    • Working on costumes for One Acts

    • Met with One Acts producers; fixing Eventbrite

    • The Burials sent a new contract; waiting on payment

    • Submitted rights request for Noises Off

    • Received Assassins contract

    • Waiting on 25 Live confirmations for events to be created

  • TD: Alicia

    • Worked on Hair; strike went smoothly

    • Making Tech Show announcement at GM #4

    • Made and distributed One Acts tech lists; super excited about Katie being TD!

    • Working on feedback forms for TDs and other TAs

    • Following up on dumpster for Space cleaning

    • Taking ideas for tech show


Executive Board Notes 10/28/18

Show Check-Outs

F&F: Footloose

  • Director: Babatunde A.

    • The show went well; very proud of the entire team

    • Everyone seemed proud of what they created

    • Great audience turn out and response

    • For the future: when pitching for F&F, don’t be concerned with having a perfect show but rather with having an enjoyable experience with the cast, crew, and creative team—with that, an incredible show will come

  • AD: Abbey M.

    • Loved the process; inspired to pitch!

  • MD: Doug B.

    • A great experience; 5-week rehearsal period was very helpful for getting everything done

    • Suggestion going forward: Techstravaganza should be mandatory for department heads and SMs

  • TD: Jake T.

    • Had a great time through and through

    • Crew was AMAZING; would happily recommend any of them for future positions, including greater leadership positions

    • Some room for improvement in working with SAO

    • For the future: in addition to what Babatunde said, be ready to roll with the punches and be adaptable; have fun!

  • SM: Jen M.

    • Such a great process, and the joy experienced by the cast during the performances was really felt in the audience

    • For the most part, things went smoothly and problems were dealt with quickly and free of drama

    • Had difficulty entering into the creative team dynamic, considering most of the team was established months in advance

    • Suggestion for the future: make an effort to establish all members of a creative team, including SMs, roughly around the same time to avoid odd power dynamics

    • Overall, this was an enjoyable process: feels proud of the show and happy to have made new friends!

  • Producer: Kendall G.

    • All reimbursements are taken care of

    • Everything went well; had a great experience and would do it again

    • A few roadblocks with SAO, but everything worked out really well

    • In the future: consider GSU advertising over Warren posters

    • Sold out Tsai!

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • This was an incredible experience, especially as a first-time choreographer for musical theater

    • Agrees that the extra week made a HUGE difference in terms of getting things done and managing stress

    • Creating the choreography in advance (over the summer) turned out to be highly useful and productive

    • Ridiculously proud of every last person who worked on this show. Would do it all again!

Show Check-Ins

The Nerd

  • Director: Flannery G.

    • Move-in went really smoothly—the set is beautiful!

    • Rehearsal after move-in wasn’t as productive as it could’ve been; however, everyone has been working very hard and pacing is important

    • Cast seems excited and ready—in a good place

  • TD: Zach L.

    • Move-in went really well; everyone was super helpful and fast

    • Had enough time despite later start time

    • Made sugar glass plates on Friday with Flan and Jake

    • Excited to see show come together with tech elements

  • SM: Rachel R.

    • Move-in was surprisingly smooth

    • Cast seems a little tired but ready for tech week

    • Met with lights and sound to talk about cues, will meet with lights again

  • Producer: Ruth J.

    • T-shirts arrived on schedule

    • Started taking headshots

    • Organizing GSU Link table

    • GSU digital poster (TV) is up

    • Michelle is working on promotion outside of BU sphere

Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical

  • Director: Syd R.

    • Some challenges, but very proud of the cast for their focus and dedication

    • Photoshoot planned for next weekend; having cast bring in costume pieces starting this week

    • a bit nervous about wigs arriving on time

    • Despite it all, things are progressing as smoothly as possible

  • MD: Ben C.

    • Is alive

    • Had big music rehearsal today

    • Still need to meet with Brian and Syd to work out pit set up in Student Theater

  • Choreographer: Arielle K.

    • Finished up last bits of teaching choreography today

    • Filled in some choreography gaps in songs, reviewed, and made sure everyone was all caught up if they missed anything

    • Ran all of act 1 yesterday—went really well

    • Did some fun improv-based exercises to work on characterization and world-building; cast seemed to really enjoy!

    • Touched base with producers

    • Super productive weekend

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Had tech meeting this week; tried to accommodate the The Nerd move-in

    • Getting gas masks together this week—Boston Theater Potluck was super helpful

    • Setting up meeting with Ben and Syd to organize pit in Student Theater

    • There will be a producing meeting sometime this week

    • Build is next week; wood order should be arriving Friday

  • SM: Ariana T.

    • Cast is doing really well; very proud

    • Trying to figure out where pit will fit; will affect actors’ blocking for scene transitions/exiting—trying to resolved these problems before tech week

    • Starting full runs this week

    • Soft and hard off-book dates approaching this week

    • Running lines with individual actors

    • Cast will be changing cover photos to support The Nerd; cast bonding event to see the show

    • Photoshoot happening Saturday morning

    • Talked to Erin re: rehearsal rooms and getting Troupe’s keyboard

  • Producers: Andrea R. and Sage H.

    • Met with assistant producer

    • Warren poster is done and submitted for printing; spot is reserved

    • Made and ordered stickers based off of Syd’s design

    • Sent out bio forms for programs yesterday

Open Board Business:

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Went to build week for The Nerd

    • Saw Last Gas and it was really good

    • Went to The Nerd move-in

    • gave division of power talk for The Nerd

    • Gave Rachel tips for calling the show

    • Worked with Marcella to do a Stage Troupe take-over on the Class Gift social media

  • VP: Erin

    • Diversity Workshop with the Howard Thurman Center will officially happen Saturday November 3rd at 2 PM

    • Booked a GSU Link table for The Nerd

    • Saw Last Gas

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Talking to a lot of people about One Acts

    • Getting Reading Committee sign-ups; hoping to have all of committees organized by the end of the night

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Saw Last Gas with Alba!

    • Created Facebook Event for The Nerd

    • Reached out the The Nerd producing team for promotional material and production shots

  • TD: Alicia

    • Footloose strike; tying up the loose ends

    • Mystery wood delivery?

    • Having Carrie and The Nerd in the Space was busy, but it worked out

    • Lots of rental contracts have been created and filled out; some for Carrie need to be updated

    • Need to make some purchases for some materials (gaff tape, fireproofing, new blade, etc.)

    • Spoke with some pitch teams about tech visions, which is exciting

    • Wandering Minds did a great job maintaining Space and Student Theater; painted the stage

    • Working on feedback forms for tech teams for other groups

Executive Board Minutes 10/21/18

Footloose will give check-outs next week!

Show Check-Ins

The Nerd

  • Director: Flannery G.

    • Made a lot of progress and improvement this week

    • Realized that the organic style of the script is a bit of a challenge

    • Cast needs to rest

    • Identified parts of the show that need the most attention

    • Steve is coming to visit rehearsal on Wednesday!

  • TD: Zach L.

    • Wood order arrived last week

    • Paint should be coming Tuesday and Friday

    • Build starts tomorrow

    • Had last tech meeting today

  • SM: Rachel R.

    • Saw lots of progress; identified points that need work

    • Everything is coming together well

    • Anticipating cast conflicts

    • Brian is coming on Saturday for sound

  • Producer: Ruth J.

    • On waitlist for Warren poster

    • Eventbrite is live; Facebook event will be up soon

    • Photoshoot went well

    • Ordered t-shirts; expedited shipping

    • Working on flyers, lobby decoration, bus ad, BU Today article, GSU link table

    • Planning a producing meeting for Friday

Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical

  • Director: Syd R.

    • Whole cast went to see Footloose—huge congrats to the Footloose team on a great show!

    • Cast performed a number at Drag On Fire last week—introduced Ariana to organizers to maintain Troupe’s connection to the group in the future

    • Ran the entire show in the Student Theater to start getting accustomed to space and run time

    • Finishing last of choreography and blocking, starting full runs this week

  • MD: Ben C.

    • Nothing new to report—still recovering from illness and hoing to be back in Boston this week

  • Choreographer: Arielle K.

    • Trying to be flexible with scheduling to accommodate illness

    • Taught lots of dance this week—cast continues to amaze

    • Had lots of one-on-one meetings on Friday to go over choreography

    • Ran 80% of the show on Friday

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Did not have a tech meeting due to Footloose strike

    • Went over tech items with Syd; should have everything needed and will pass on info to departments today

    • Still no progress on POs; checking in with producers

    • Wood order went through; delivery date pending

    • Planning department meetings for the week; tech meeting on Sunday

  • SM: Ariana T.

    • Many cast members are sick

    • Trying to have a music rehearsal this week now that Ben is back

    • Worked on lots of choreo this week

    • Ran entire show in the Student Theater

    • Went to Footloose as a bonding event

    • Drag on Fire was a big success and lots of fun

    • Finishing choreo and blocking, reviewing music this week

    • Cast conflicts can be frustrating

    • Returned Student Theater keys to Erin at board

  • Producers: Andrea R. and Sage H.

    • Stickers arrived

    • Sage took pictures of Drag on Fire performance

    • POs still pending; Sage is checking on them this week

    • On waitlist for Warren Poster

    • Trying to coordinate photoshoot

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Worked on Footloose all week doing mic changes and props

    • Worked on bios and other producing for The Nerd

    • Had Footloose Strike today; picked up U-Haul with Alicia

    • Went to The Nerd rehearsal on Friday

  • VP: Erin

    • Worked on Footloose hair & makeup and sound

    • Talked to Rachel about room bookings for The Nerd

    • Met with the Howard Thurman Center; planning workshop

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Worked on Footloose set decoration; grateful for Diane and Jake!

    • Getting lots of sign ups for Reading Committee, but still looking for more

    • Received One Acts pitches and interest

    • Met Evan from Drag on Fire to maintain connection between our groups

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Eventbrites for The Nerd and Hair are live

    • Picked up SPS mics with Jake earlier in the week

    • Worked on Footloose producing a lot; producers are superstars

    • Smoothed out wrinkles with Footloose Eventbrite

    • Having a GSU poster rather than Warren poster was really beneficial; will talk to Shiney about making that a regular alternative

    • Researching shows that are being pitched

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Footloose promotional material, ticketing questions, and show week! All things Footloose

  • TA: Alicia

    • At Footloose strike

Executive Board Notes 10/16/18

Show Check-Ins

F&F: Footloose

  • Director: Babatunde A.

    • Move-in!

    • Paper tech on Saturday

    • Held cast bonding on Saturday

    • Getting costumes set up; cast knows what to bring

  • AD: Abbey M.

    • Had run-throughs all last week in Student Theater

    • Had move-in today

    • Moving forward, trying to reduce stress and be efficient

  • MDs: James R. and Doug B.

    • Had last pit rehearsal and act 2 sitzprobe

    • Finished all orchestrations

  • TD: Jake T.

    • Move-in!

  • SMs: Lena J. and Jen M.

    • Had division of power talk with Alba

    • Talked amongst creative team about boosting morale, finishing strong

    • Returned Student Theater keys

  • Producer: Kendall G.

    • Put out Facebook promo material including headshots, spotlights, and dancing trailer

    • Next video will be out this week

    • Lobby and programs in progress

    • Worked out Warren poster

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Holding lots of office hours

    • Caught up on what we weren’t able to do last week

    • Workshopped intimacy choreography for “Girl Gets Around” with Babatunde, Abbey, Marcella, and Joel

    • Went to sitzprobe and cast bonding on Saturday

The Nerd

  • Director: Flannery G.

    • Moved hard off-book date back two days

    • Working on staying focused during rehearsal so as not to fall behind schedule

    • Held cast bonding; cast gets along super well

  • TD: Zach L.

    • Checked in with producer: wood order is still pending

    • If it doesn’t come soon enough, can work with what is in the Space

    • Made a schedule for build week; sent it to Alicia

    • Will make sugar plates on Thursday

    • Waiting to hear back from department heads to schedule meetings

  • SM: Rachel R.

    • Had a frustrating rehearsal on Friday, but after having a talk, everyone is working together to find resolutions

    • Running lines with cast members

    • Rehearsal will be longer on Saturday to get through more material

  • Producer: Ruth J.

    • Warren poster almost done

    • Working on t-shirt design

    • Checking on wood order in SAO tomorrow

    • Bios are due today; will start working on creating program soon

    • Will attend rehearsals

Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical

  • Director: Syd R.

    • Nice to work in the Student Theater and give the actors a sense of the space they will be working in

    • Music is done

    • Met with producers; tech meeting is later today

    • Planning first photoshoot and next cast bonding

    • Performing at Drag on Fire

  • MD: Ben C.

    • Cast is learning incredibly fast

    • Starting to distribution pit music

    • Starting pit rehearsals this Saturday

  • Choreographer: Arielle K.

    • Busy dance week

    • Ran 40 minutes of the show at a long rehearsal today

    • Cancelled rehearsal on Friday to give everyone a break

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Have a tech meeting tonight

    • Starting to have department meetings

    • Put wood order in

  • SM: Ariana T.

    • Cancelled Friday rehearsal to give two days off and give the cast a chance to rest

    • Moved into Student Theater; made sure everyone respected the theater

    • Met with the producers to plan the photoshoot

    • Hair cast decided to change their Facebook media for Footloose this week

  • Producers: Andrea R. and Sage H.

    • Met with AP

    • Warren poster is done and submitted for printing; spot is reserved

    • Made and ordered stickers based off of Syd’s design

    • Sent out bio forms for programs yesterday

Open Board Business:

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Went to Footloose build and watched a night of rehearsal

    • Helped paint the stage

    • Helped with load-in for Footloose

  • VP: Erin

    • Gave Student Theater keys to Jen for Footloose

    • Stopped by Footloose rehearsals with candy to boost morale

    • Gave Student Theater keys to Ariana

    • Picked up paint with Alicia

    • Booked some rooms

    • Footloose move-in and tech week

    • Went to Hair tech meeting

    • Sent out more diversity workshop emails

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Sent out survey for feedback on COMBAT

    • Worked on set dec for Footloose—lots of fun

    • Footloose move-in

    • Talked with Shaina to reschedule kickball: looking at dates in spring

    • Trying to plan a Troupe dodgeball game

    • Working on One Acts scheduling (auditions, pitch deadline)

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Finally met with entire Hair producing team

    • Submitted updated Orgsync event for Footloose

    • Met with Shiney James—putting the Footloose poster in the GSU Link; gives producers opportunity to move it to the lobby during performances as well; also talked about planning a flash mob

    • Got Footloose onto the F&F weekend itineraries

    • renting iPads for producers for at-door ticket sales; picking up credit card readers from SAO tomorrow; will teach producers how to use them

    • Submitted Eventbrite forms for The Nerd and Hair

    • Sent Carrie producing materials to Kobi

    • Made pitch intent forms for spring; sent them to Kim

    • Received approval and confirmation for SPS mics; meeting up with Jake tomorrow to pick them up and bring them to Tsai

    • Talked with Babatunde and Kendall about potential Footloose flash mob

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Helped paint stage

    • Sharing Footloose promo from producing team

    • sent out GM email

  • TD: Alicia

    • Getting together rental agreements and contracts for various groups

    • Got paint for stage in the Student Theater; painted the stage

    • Bought sandpaper attachments for electric sander

    • Working with OB to coordinate build schedules for The Nerd and Carrie

    • This week was Footloose build and move-in; drove U-Haul back

  • Eric:

    • Will not be here next week

    • Gave key contract to Alicia

  • Steve:

    • Former Troupie Kathleen Walsh will be at 100 Bay State tomorrow to talk with people about job opportunities in media

Executive Board Notes 9/30/18

Show Check-Ins

F&F: Footloose

  • Director: Babatunde A.

    • A little over halfway done with all material

    • Struggling with conflicts and sick cast members, but able to adjust rehearsal schedules

  • AD: Abbey M.

    • Ran rehearsals in Babatunde’s absence

    • Navigated around lots of illness this week

    • Show is about halfway done!

    • Sending out a schedule for this week

  • MDs: James R. and Doug B.

    • All but one song is taught and done; cast is off-book for music

    • Lots of pit rehearsals coming up

    • First sitzprobe is next Monday

    • Still looking for a replacement for guitar two

    • Lots of one-on-one’s with cast members during office hours

  • TD: Jake T.

    • Lighting plot finalized and submitted to Tsai; LDs are incredible

    • Wood order is in; keeping tabs with SAO

    • Met with each department individually; everyone squared away

    • Went to safety training with SAO and with Alicia

    • Everything going really well

  • SMs: Lena J. and Jen M.

    • Had hands full, but having Matt as ASM is very helpful

    • Had to work around a lot of sickness

    • Blocking notes system has proved super useful

    • Jen sent out an email with reminders about dates, including soft and hard off-book, strike, etc.

  • Producer: Kendall G.

    • Poster looks great!

    • Hit a road bump with the Warren poster; Chrissy is helping resolve

    • Hoping to order some t-shirts

    • Planning headshot photoshoot, trailer filming, etc.

    • Cami is doing a lot of work in the budget and tech aspects

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Ran an intimacy workshop with Babatunde and Abbey for Marcella and Joel

    • Held dance office hours

    • Collaborated with Jackson for his solo dance number

    • Cast is doing an incredible job with the choreo—super proud!

The Nerd

  • Director: Flannery G.

    • Going well overall; working on navigating some conflicts and establishing understanding with cast

    • Made it through all of act one and part of act two with blocking

    • This week is soft off-book; hard off-book is after Columbus Day

    • Got to meet with cast (either one-on-one or in groups) with cast to talk about characters and process

    • Went to a tech meeting and a producing meeting

    • Starting to brainstorm ideas for promotional material

  • TD: Zach L.

    • Had second tech meeting today

    • Made a sign-up sheet for department meetings; almost all meetings have been scheduled

    • Got keys from Alicia at Board

  • SM: Rachel R.

    • Hoping to meet with second ASM this week

    • Rehearsals are on track in terms of goals

    • Working on keeping a balance of energy and focus in rehearsal environment

    • Returned statements of expectations to Erin at Board

  • AP: Alba C.

    • Attended producing meeting with other APs

    • Michelle will be sending out budget allocation to department heads and Zach presently

    • Trying to set a deadline for purchase orders—maybe this Friday?

    • Discussed wood order

Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical

  • Director: Syd R.

    • Rehearsals have been terrific!

    • Reviewed music for all of act one

    • Scripts have arrived and necessary line changes have been noted

    • Will finish planning blocking by Wednesday—should provide a better idea of costume and props needs

    • Attended tech meeting with Arielle, met most of tech team; meeting with Brian on Tuesday

  • MD: Ben C.

    • Cast is learning incredibly fast

    • Starting to distribution pit music

    • Starting pit rehearsals this Saturday

  • Choreographer: Arielle K.

    • Had full creative team meeting

    • Discussed line changes for specific characters

    • Finishing blocking tomorrow

    • This week will be very choreo-heavy

    • Talked to actors that are in some of the more sensitive pieces about the choreography to stay on the same page

  • TD: Brian R.

    • Had first tech meeting today—it was great

    • Did a lot of work organizing the tech drive

    • Meeting with Syd Tuesday to go through script and tech

    • Communicated with department heads about To-Dos

    • Meeting with producers this week to solidify budgets, deadlines, etc.

    • Visited rehearsal this week

  • SM: Ariana T.

    • Received all statements of expectations from cast and creative team

    • Had full creative team meeting to talk about tech, producing, show vision, etc.

    • Still looking at dates to ask Erin for access to the Student Theater for rehearsals

  • Producers: Andrea R. and Sage H.

    • Met the creative team; had brainstorming session for promotional material

    • Thinking about designs for posters, shirts, stickers, etc.

    • Met with Chrissy to talk about budgets

    • Sending out emails soon to department heads re: budget allocations and purchase orders

Open Board Business:

  • Brian R.

    • Came to Board to follow up with lighting board proposal. Originally intended to make more progress with E-Board on this proposal over the summer, but as circumstances have been pushed back the conversation, perhaps we can discuss alternative solutions for the problems with the current board.

    • Alicia: from the tech perspective, a new board could definitely be beneficial. We might consider looking at alternative board options that are more suitable to our current light inventory. Another option would be to service our existing lighting board and/or current lights. Training people fully in how to use the current board could prove extremely helpful.

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Went to SAO safety training

    • Wrote for COMBAT and worked the lobby; helped with strike

    • Attended tech meetings

  • VP: Erin

    • Sent emails out to start planning the diversity workshop

    • Had Zoe reach out to the Chinese Theater Group

    • Did tech for COMBAT

    • Went to Hair tech meeting

    • Talking to Rachel about getting the nerd into the student theater

    • might stop by Hair rehearsal this week

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Heard from Erin Murdock re: potential fundraising opportunities; could be a good opportunity for Charity Show

    • COMBAT: checked in with all five groups on Friday and again on Saturday (would highly recommend future VPSPs check in on groups to make sure everyone is having fun and doing okay!)

    • Overall, COMBAT went well and was lots of fun!

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Performed in combat

    • Went to SAO re: mics for Footloose; asked about extending PO deadlines

    • Gave Syd Hair scripts and sent materials contracts

    • Had producing meetings with The Nerd and Hair teams; will set up more meetings soon to make up for absences

    • Gave The Nerd and Hair TD’s show budget allocations

    • Made budget spreadsheets with reimbursement organizer—will send presently

    • Wood order for Footloose is all set

    • Footloose Warren poster in waitlist

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Shared Tech Olympics sign-up sheet

    • Posted a lot of promotional material for COMBAT on Friday and Saturday

  • TD: Alicia

    • Working out adds and drops with tech lists

    • most of safety trainings are completed

    • Did writing and tech for COMBAT; thanks to all who helped with strike

    • Working out a schedule with Ruby so she can get into The Space to clean up OB’s corner

    • Added a padlock to the TA cabinet

    • Had all the tech meetings; looking forward to department meetings

  • Eric:

    • Sent contracts to Chrissy and Babatunde for Footloose materials

Executive Board Notes 9/23/18

Show Check-Ins

F&F: Footloose

  • Director: Babatunde A.

    • Cast doing really well with material

    • Having character meetings with individuals

    • Had a tech meeting today

    • Had cast bonding event

  • AD: Abbey M.

    • Ran first solo rehearsal doing character work

    • Collaborating with Babatunde on blocking

    • Attended photoshoot on Saturday: it was awesome

  • TD: Jake T.

    • Had first tech meeting with full tech crew today

    • Having department meetings this week

  • MDs: James R. and Doug B.

    • Had second pit rehearsal; went well

    • Most of big numbers are taught

    • Had a few people drop

    • Having lots of office hours with individuals; great experience

  • SMs: Lena J. and Jen M.

    • Sent our rehearsal schedule

    • Collected all statements of expectations from cast

    • Met ASM, Matthew

    • Establishing a system for blocking notes

  • Producer: Cami M.

    • Photoshoot went really well

    • Aiming to have Warren poster ready no later than Friday

  • Choreographer: Kim Z.

    • Cast is doing really well with choreography

    • Went to first half of second pit rehearsal

    • Went to photoshoot to help direct shots, set poses, etc.

    • Held dance office hours

The Nerd

  • Director: Flannery G.

    • Didn’t have full cast rehearsal this week due to conflicts

    • Took time at every rehearsal to get to know each other, which was fun

    • Awesome to have a tech team!

  • TD: Zach L.

    • Had first tech meeting

    • Grateful for knowledgeable tech team members!

  • SM: Rachel R.

    • Met the cast, tech team, and one of the ASMs

Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical

  • Director: Syd R.

    • Learning music at an insane speed, which is helping

    • Blocking and choreography can be exhausting

    • Performing “Hair” at Drag On Fire

    • Starting to have character meetings

    • Glad to see cast enjoying process

  • MD: Ben C.

    • Learning the music crazy fast

    • Cast is working very hard

    • Sorting out the pit

  • Choreographer: Arielle K.

    • Finished two of the bigger dance numbers

    • Cast bonding on Friday

    • Everyone’s having a lot of fun and getting along so well

    • Went through script with Syd

  • SM: Ariana T.

    • Sent out an initial email to cast

    • Getting everyone’s conflicts sorted out

    • Handed out statement of expectations today

    • So glad to have Harrison as an ASM

  • TD: Brain R.

    • In the midst of putting together a shared tech folder

    • Syd’s clear and thorough vision is amazing

    • Setting a tech meeting for this week

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Ran props/set dec workshop for Techstravaganza

    • Took photos of Techstravaganza and shared with Kimmie

    • Got ice cream for and ran ice cream social (having non-dairy options is important!)

    • Writing for COMBAT this week

  • VP: Erin

    • Went to Footloose tech meeting

    • Gave theater keys to James so he could get keyboard; got the keys back

    • Navigating booking conflicts with OB

    • Sent out theater bookings to SMs

    • Talked to a bunch of members for feedback about rehearsal process

    • Got statements of expectations back from Footloose

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Joined Hair team as SM and Footloose team as Set Dec

    • Met with Erin Murdock from SAO about large-scale event planning

    • Led SM workshop at Techstravaganza

    • Ice cream social went well

    • Planning COMBAT and navigating conflicts; reached out to Abbey

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Met with Footloose producers earlier in the week; talked about future plans and photoshoot details

    • Helped with Footloose photoshoot

    • Opened up the theater so Kendall could get gels; will be returning them this week

    • Led costumes workshop for Techstravaganza

    • Put out a producing email

    • Working on creating producing teams and budget allocations for each show

    • Went to SAO re: rights

    • Talked to Jake and Cami about going to SAO re: Footloose wood order

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Made and posted lots of promotional material for ice cream social, Techstravaganza, and COMBAT

    • Helped with Techstravaganza; 10/10 will do it again

    • Lots of Footloose work this week

    • Will be promoting Tech Olympics

  • TA: Alicia

    • Put tech lists out

    • Met with Jake, Jeff, and Tom from Tsai to talk about Footloose

    • Met with Footloose LD

    • Corresponding with other TAs and TDs re: safety training

    • Ran Techstravaganza

    • Had tech meetings for Footloose and The Nerd

    • Ice cream social

Executive Board Notes 9/9/18

F&F: Footloose

  • Director: Babatunde A.

    • Great creative team meeting: covered first week rehearsal schedule, tech week, auditions & callbacks, etc.

  • AD: Abbey M.

    • Picking sides for audition/callback cold readings with Babatunde

    • Full creative team meeting on Saturday to discuss auditions, goals and schedule for first week of rehearsals

    • Set dates for first read through, soft/hard off-book, sitzprobes, and cue-to-cues

    • Meeting with producing team this week

  • TD: Jake T.

    • In the second round of set design; found something that works for everyone

    • Would like to get the design checked out by Alicia

The Nerd

  • Director: Flannery G.

    • Going well!

    • Finished “Wish, Wants, Needs” list for Alicia

    • Has an idea of set vision

    • Hair & makeup and costumes are easy for the most part

    • Lots of props (food?); need some breakable plates (at least 2 a night; sugar glass?)

    • Lights: some monologues that call for spotlights

Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical

  • Director: Syd R.

    • Creative team met to discuss auditions and callbacks

    • Beginning to think about first read-through, setting goals

    • Splash was incredible: talked with members of multiple cultural groups on campus to talk about goals for the show and share audition information

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba

    • Navigating issues with Revival Show ticket sales; in the future, we need to make sure that Eventbrites don’t close too early

    • Ran lights for Summer Show

    • Talked with Flan and Syd about the upcoming weeks and show processes

  • VP: Erin

    • Need to make sure there are chairs in 700 Beacon

    • Theater maintenance: need to paint the stage

    • Looking into getting a vacuum

    • Talking to Arielle about how to get rooms in FitRec for dance; sent her room bookings

  • VPSP: Ariana

    • Did lots of outreach with the BU Arts Fair and Splash and promoting things around Warren Towers

    • Was great to see Revival Show and wrap up that special projec

    • Planning to have more information about COMBAT soon

  • Treasurer: Chrissy

    • Printed No Exit Revival Show flyers

    • Helped run BU Arts Fair and Splash

    • Performed in Revival Show; navigated ticket sale problems

    • Hair event approved on Orgsync

    • Set up Eventbrites for dues, Revival Show, and Footloose

    • Attended BUT GMs

    • Met with Footloose producing team to go over deadlines, processes, and what producing entails

    • Attended SAO treasurer training

  • Secretary: Kim

    • Made poster and printed+cut out flyers for BU Arts Fair and Splash

    • Sent reminder email about the events happening this week

    • Posted for Revival Show, BU Arts Fair, and Splash

    • Helped run BU Arts Fair and Splash

    • Lots of potential new member correspondence

    • Made first GM presentation template, shared it with E-Board and directors, then edited final presentation

    • Received callback schedule from Hair

    • Finished audition forms

    • Footloose creative team meeting

    • Finally saw No Exit!

  • TD: Alicia

    • Revival Show and strike

    • Space is relatively clean and ready for people to come in; a few things to fix

    • Splash - compiled email list with those from BU Arts Fair and Summer Show

    • Digital tech forms are done

    • TD and SM app updated

    • Will email Tsai to schedule a meeting

    • We have an SM and ASM for Footloose!

    • Will be updating Student Theater guide

    • Need to paint the stage

    • Making Techstravaganza schedule

Executive Board Notes 9/3/18

Summer Show: No Exit

  • Director: David M.
    • Last Orientation session went great
    • Will probably have at least one more rehearsal before revival show
  • SM: Ariana T.
    • Had the final show
    • Missing a lot of people from the team but had a lot of people step in to help which was great
    • Planning rehearsal times

F&F: Footloose

  • Director: Babatunde A.
    • Met with Abbey yesterday to discuss a few cold readings for callbacks
    • Meeting with Jake and Abbey on Tuesday to discuss tech production timelines
  • AD: Abbey M.
    • Picking sides for audition/callback cold readings with Babatunde
    • Meeting with TD Jake to discuss set

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba
    • Did intro and sound at summer show; also doing sound again for revival
    • Working around conflicts with tech meeting and auditions
    • Handing out last of nametags
    • Scheduling meetings with Syd and Flannery to check in
  • VP: Erin
    • Working on recruiting new members with Arielle
    • Being awesome
  • VPSP: Ariana
    • Got a response from Mimi from Wandering Minds re: coming to COMBAT; answered some questions
    • Also communicating with Liquid Fun and BUSS re: COMBAT
    • Talked to Sydney! Nice!
  • Treasurer: Chrissy
    • .Will be spending a lot of time at SAO
    • Scheduling a meeting with Footloose producing team this week
    • Submitted Eventbrite form for No Exit revival show
    • Checked in with No Exit producers; finalizing promotional material for revival show
  • Secretary: Kim
    • Made Splash/Arts Fair flyer
    • Updated multiple pages of the website including the calendar and the current season pages
    • Started digitizing all audition forms and reached out to Arielle about them; talked with Alicia about digitizing the tech form
    • Sent membership email with information about first two weeks of the semester
    • Emailed directors asking them to attend Splash and send show blurbs
  • TD: Alicia
    • .Digitizing tech form
    • Still in the process of choosing a Footloose SM
    • Talked to Facilities about options for getting electrical fixed
    • Ran summer show rehearsal and did lights for the last performance

Executive Board Notes 8/19/18

Summer Show: No Exit

  • Director: David M.
    • Rehearsal on Thursday; Lucy is guest directing
  • SM: Ariana T.
    • Tried to schedule rehearsal for last week but due to conflicts it got pushed back; scheduled for 8/23
    • Tech rehearsals 8/27-28; still pending

F&F: Footloose

  • Director: Babatunde A.
    • Had regular meetings throughout summer with creative team planning rehearsal schedules, blocking, set design, music, dance, various tech elements, etc.
    • Ecstatic to have producers!
    • Next full creative team meeting will be held first week of school
  • AD: Abbey M.
    • Met with Babatunde at least once a week throughout summer to plan and discuss various aspects of the show
    • At the last full creative team meeting: discussed auditions and callbacks at length; working with Babatunde to select audition and callback cold read material
    • Also planning to touch base with producers in the upcoming weeks
  • TD: Jacob T.
    • Trying to contact Jeff and Tom to ask about renting equipment from Tsai; also getting quotes form other vendors in Boston
    • Decided to forgo bringing on a set designer in the interest of time
  • MDs: James R. and Doug B.
    • Pit is officially filled after some conflicts
    • Making recordings of vocal parts for cast
    • First major rehearsal will be a recording session so that cast, pit, and creative team have recordings
    • Workin g on rehearsal schedule, re-orchestrations
    • Reached out to BU bands to borrow equipment and Tsai staff for equipment info
  • Choreographer: Kim Z.
    • Met periodically with MDs to talk through the score and note any discrepancies in the music and the choreography plans; also met separately with Babatunde and Abbey to maintain a dialogue between choreography and blocking
    • Show is almost entirely choreographed
    • Selecting some audition and callback cuts

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba
    • Returned keys to Alicia; contacted Eric about getting new keys
    • Took down 3 flats on Tuesday to satisfy safety requirements from fire department
    • Settled on GM times with other groups
  • VP: Erin
    • Made schedule for auditions + booked more rooms; shared schedule with other groups
    • Hair rehearsal rooms are booked
  • VPSP: Ariana
    • Corresponding a lot with Hair creative team; fielding lots of questions
    • Reached out to other groups inviting them to COMBAT and sharing COMBAT details
    • Thinking of Friday 3/1 for BUT Formal
  • Treasurer: Chrissy
    • submitting Hair contract
    • Finishing up Orgsync work for The Nerd
    • Putting out the head producer app for Hair and The Nerd; AP apps will be out in September
    • in contact with Footloose producing team; setting up meetings for the beginning of the school year
    • updating treasurer guide
    • Footloose budget allocation has been sent to Alicia and Jake; will send it to producing team
    • Thinking about the ice cream social
    • Going to SAO this week for Footloose materials
  • Secretary: Kim
    • Shared last two Sunday Spotlight posts
    • Finished sending outreach emails to other groups; shared Footloose info with those that replied
    • Finished new graphic for Facebook
    • Talked with potential new members
    • Created E-Board SPLASH shirt designs
  • TD: Alicia
    • Hair and The Nerd directors have gotten preliminary emails outlining the show/tech process
    • Updating the Student Theater guide
    • Sending Kim TD app soon
    • Been talking with James about lighting situation in Student Theater
    • Planning Techstravaganza

Other business:

  • James R.
    • Reached out to Alicia to address the lighting situation in the Student Theater
    • Discussed the possibilities of reaching out to maintenance to potentially repair the electrical; organizing and taking inventory of working lights; repairing or replacing existing lights 

Executive Board Notes 8/6/18

Summer Show: No Exit

  • Director: David M.
    • Upcoming rehearsals to teach bellboy blocking and refresh for next show
  • TD: David G.
    • No issues to report!
  • Producer: Rachel R.
    • SAO has the reimbursement checks for people
  • SM: Ariana T.
    • Checked in with David to discuss the show, rehearsal process, etc.
    • Working on planning rehearsals around conflicts to prepare for next show
    • For the show on 8/29: some creative team members aren't able to attend; need to figure out some people to fill in for them

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba
    • Approved a bunch of events on Orgsync (auditions, boards, etc.)
    • Meeting with Ariana to talk about COMBAT
  • VP: Erin
    • Reserved all the rooms for the semester
  • VPSP: Ariana
    • Thinking about and planning COMBAT: talking with Alba and planning to invite all five groups to participate
    • BUT Formal: looking at setting a date
    • Proposed shirts for SPLASH!
    • Talked to Summer Show creative team re: revival show time
  • Treasurer: Chrissy
    • The Nerd: DPS still has not received payment: called DPS
    • OrgSync and withdrawal requests approved for Footloose; materials should be here/on their way - contacting Eric
    • Footloose producer app now closed
    • Connecting with OB treasurer, Kobi K.
  • Secretary: Kim
    • Sending outreach emails to other groups on campus from Babatunde for Footloose
    • Communicating with other theatre groups to coordinate semester calendars
    • Posted first director Sunday spotlight
  • TD: Alicia
    • TD guide has been updated; will send to Kim to put on website
    • F&F SM app has been uploaded; apps due 8/12
    • Talked to Ruby; set a date and times for general tech meeting (9/15)
    • Video conversation w/ F&F TD Jake to talk about Troupe, TDing, Footloose, etc.
    • Might not bring in a set designer for F&F
    • In touch with Playwrights re: scheduling and navigating conflicts

Executive Board Notes 7/24/18

Summer Show: No Exit

  • SM: Ariana T.
    • No show this week; just having meetings to work on scheduling

E-Board Check-Ins:

  • President: Alba
    • Been to SAO a lot
    • Should finally be ALL set with SAO for Footloose
    • Coordinating with other groups on scheduling and reserving first GMs
  • VP: Erin
    • No longer in France!
    • Booked audition rooms, coordinated with OB
    • Put in request for Student Theater reservations
  • VPSP: Ariana
    • Summer Show has been laid back what with no show this week; mostly just meeting to debrief and plan
    • Someone requested to borrow the Student Theater piano
  • Treasurer: Chrissy
    • Been to SAO a lot
    • Next to Normal Drum rental reimbursement has finally been approved
    • Going to call DPS on Thursday to confirm that they have received payment for The Nerd
    • Updated Footloose Orgsync events
    • No Exit reimbursements have all been completed
    • Producer app went out today!
  • Secretary: Kim
    • Posted her own Sunday spotlight post
    • Created voting google form—sent to Eric and Steve
    • Sent out emails to membership with voting procedure details, promoted on social media
  • TD: Alicia
    • Assigned an F&F TD! Jake is going to do great! Will meet with him this week to acquaint him with Troupe processes and begin planning
    • Created an F&F SM application—sent to Kim
    • Emailed Playwrights contact, extending the line of communication for this upcoming year
    • working with Footloose directors to complete WWN list, which is mostly done